• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mad max IV may happen after all

superkong 500

Sidekick
Reaction score
From Aicn:

George Miller
On MAD MAX 4:
‘I’m very very
keen to do it’!!

I am – Hercules!!
In Focus Magazine just published Mike Russell's interview with George Miller to promote the iconic writer-director’s first directorial effort since 1998’s “Babe: Pig in the City,” an animated penguin musical titled “Happy Feet.” But Mike and George spoke of other things. An excerpt:
GEORGE MILLER: “Mad Max 4” is so prepared, there seems to be a lot of momentum for it to get done. Right now, I’ve got another, smaller film to do, and then we’ll gear up and do “Mad Max” again. In what form and so on, I don’t know. But it hasn’t gotten stale in the meantime, and I’m very very keen to do it. It seems like there’s the appetite out there.

Another excerpt I found of interest:
IN FOCUS: A story in Daily Variety dated Dec. 10, 2002 reported that Mel Gibson had signed on for a fourth “Mad Max” movie. Does that mean the rumors about “Mad Max 4” being a prequel — focusing on Max’s days in the Main Force Patrol — were always patently false?
GEORGE MILLER: Yeah. Yeah, they are.

It may bear noting that In Focus interviewed Miller in mid-September, about a month and a half AFTER all the unpleasantness in Malibu.
Read the entire In Focus interview here.
Harry, if you use this, call me "Herakles The Strong"!!

Just give me my "Road Warrior" Special Edition DVD and be done with it.
No Mad Max movie will ever be as good as RW.
In fact, RW is one of the best movies ever.

Gammy79 said:
Just give me my "Road Warrior" Special Edition DVD and be done with it.
No Mad Max movie will ever be as good as RW.
In fact, RW is one of the best movies ever.

I agree a special edition of RW would be great. I think that if in the first movie max had killed the leader off the badguys like it should have been it would have been a much better movie.I though its the was anticlimatic. The badguys run away and only one henchman gets punished.

There's no reason it can't be good,put an Unforgiven chapter onto the end of Max's tale

New interview, form coming soon.net:George Miller Talks Mad Max 4
Source: Moviehole
November 4, 2006

Moviehole chatted with Happy Feet director George Miller who says he would do a fourth "Mad Max" movie, but with another actor:

"We were about three months off shooting [Mad Max 4] when the Iraqi war came and the American dollar collapsed against the Australian dollar so we lost our budget. Also, we couldn't get the container ships out because of security and stuff," says Miller, confirming that Mel Gibson was attached to reprise his role at that stage.

He'll next shoot a "small film," but says then he'll most likely return to "Max."

"Though I think there will be another Mad Max; the time has gone where Mel can be in it. I think the last opportunity was about four years ago and you know the character's lean and hungry. He was twenty one when he first played Mad Max and he's now in his fifties. Also I think he's much more interested in what's happening behind camera than in front. It needs a lean and hungry actor and he's not into acting so much anymore and I think he just loves producing, writing and directing. But I think if fates allow there will be another Mad Max though it is certainly two films away for me, but the time's gone when Mel can run around the wasteland anymore."

I still like the first one....

I was thinking if sly got in shape to play rocky once more then why can't mel do the same? He's even younger than Sly
icon9.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"