• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Mad Max: Fury Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
even if they didn't get along they should have sucked it up and do their jobs. the whole coming late and leaving early is unprofessional and I would have fired their asses if I was Miller

These days with CG it actually wouldn't be that difficult to fix any obvious differences in his body's appearance although I doubt the studio is eager to spend money on it either...

movies-mad-max-tom-hardy.jpg

Not sure if posted before but still... first pic

That was posted ages ago, but still noteworthy as it's about the only photographic evidence this movie really exists beyond some vehicles and another shot of Hardy with a massive beard for whatever eccentric reason struck him...

I'm curious why Hardy grew this huge hobo beard for the role but in some set pics he's clean-shaven. Maybe Max has one at first, then shaves it off?

I'm curious why Hardy grew this huge hobo beard for the role but in some set pics he's clean-shaven. Maybe Max has one at first, then shaves it off?
i think its a flashback. they filmed it in the first week .

i would like that color pattern.

i find it funny how the sky is empty and the desert is a big sand ground. and for this they had to spend millions to shoot on specific location so that Miller was happy. you can get this kind of look on 5 similar locations that are cheaper and where there is no suprising weather.

I like the pic but as said above we've already seen it, I want something new.

Technically, it is kind of new as we didnt get the whole of that image 1st time around ;)

Yea, Tom looks good, but its not that exciting when its the only image we have from this movie apart from some set pics.

Rumor: FURY ROAD Is Great, Reshoots Are Good News

Whither Fury Road? The return to the Mad Max universe, starring Tom Hardy as Mad, went through delays in advance, troubles in production and has now, seemingly, disappeared. The last we heard was that the film was going back for reshoots, which made everybody kind of nervous. After all the trouble was the movie terrible, and in dire need of saving?

I have not seen the movie yet, but I spoke with someone who has, and the verdict: it's awesome. Fury Road is awesome. According to my source the movie is, end to end, a badass chase filled with incredible action. Apparently Tom Hardy is still using his Bane voice here, but since Max only has a handful of lines it isn't too bad - and maybe they can dub him, as an homage to the original Mad Max.

Most importantly my source says that the reshoots are intended to beef up the big bookending action sequences. George Miller created an action sequence taking place on a vehicle elevator, and he couldn't get the budget to fully realize it. When the studio saw what he had done with the rest of the movie they gave him the money to go back and make the vehicle elevator sequence sing.

There's still more work to be done on the film; I understand it's a little long right now. But if you've been as worried as I have been about Fury Road, this will be music to your ears. I was ready to write this movie off as a sad disaster, but maybe it's one of those against-all-odds triumphs.

http://badassdigest.com/2013/10/01/rumor-fury-road-is-great-reshoots-are-good-news/

I hope the interviewee is just confused and thought Tom's actual voice/accent was the one he used as Bane and not that Tom's doing his Bane voice/accent as Max.

It could be an exaggeration of a description of his accent/voice.

The good news is that movie may not be in trouble despite production woes.

"A badass chase, end to end" that is largely filmed from the cab of a vehicle and extends the entire movie... I guess if you're really into chase scenes, an entire movie must be heaven.

To me, it sounds less enjoyable. I like chase scenes but movies that go for more than 10 minutes of one get boring.

I don't buy for a second that Hardy is using his Bane voice. It sounds like Devin the *****e couldn't resist taking another swipe at one of Nolan's Batman movies since he's obligated to do that every time he talks about ANYTHING.

F*** him.

Bane's previous identity was Mad Max, makes sense.... :whatever:

Yah! Someone thinks the movie is awesome. Who that someone is, we don't know.

OMG, actual good news about this movie!

I'm a little concerned about an overlong chase scene, too, but Max's lack of lines also concerns me.

I don't buy for a second that Hardy is using his Bane voice. It sounds like Devin the *****e couldn't resist taking another swipe at one of Nolan's Batman movies since he's obligated to do that every time he talks about ANYTHING.

F*** him.

When I try to give the thread some faint hint of HOPE, SOMEONE has to ruin it with a knee-jerk reaction. Does NOT matter who reported this; at least it's SOMETHING positive about FURY ROAD.

I'm a little confused as to why Mad Max would have Bane's voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"