• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

MAGAZINE Articles DISCUSSION

So THAT'S what the Thing's head looked like before they photoshoped it for the one sheet...

PARADE Magazine - June 3, 2007

060307covbigcr2.jpg

Source:http://www.parade.com/celebrity/articles/070530-Jessica-Alba.html

More qoutes and a gallery of adorable pics at the link.
lol they are
adorable pics . i picked up the paper justto get that little insert.

Wizard #189 shipped to the comic book shops on Thursday with 3 alternate covers. One for "First Born" from Top Cow, another with a World War Hulk cover and this cover...

With the moderators OK I can scan the articles (one small Q&A with Michael and another is about the combination of effects that were used to bring the Silver Surfer to the screen, with mention of Laurence Fishburne being picked for the voice.

Wizard189.jpg
Wow i really like that cover. I think i might have to go out and see if i can find it today.

Be sure you go to a comic book shop.... they get them in advance.
I don't have a comic book shop around me. I just went to CVS and they didn't have it.

Whens the date this hits everywhere so i'm not running ragged lookimg everywhere they sell magazines.

sue in the pic doesnt look so bad. but because of the text it looks like that her harms are behind her.

its a good pic.

Wizard 5 is a VERY interesting read, alot of good information on how the SS was done.....cool stuff.

... the Surfer is 100 percent CGI ...

Hm, I remember people saying I'm wrong when I said that. :p

Regards,
Maestro

... the Surfer is 100 percent CGI ...

Hm, I remember people saying I'm wrong when I said that. :p

Regards,
Maestro

Yep, I would caution, in the fact that that is the magazine talking, that is not a direct quote from anyone in particular, But it was a very interesting read....that will make for some ....... great ......... discussion.......

Yeah you better what you say or certain people will come on here and go its NOT CGI!

:yay: :woot:

This quote from WETA was really interesting to me.....and actually very cool....

Quote from Kilkenney

My thought on the whole subject and after reading this article is....

The "raw" performance is of course Doug, but in the end, there has been much more CGI placed on top of that performance than we thought...and in some areas may in fact be 100% cgi, but the performance in its "rawest" sense is Doug, whether it is something taken from his performance and used in another area of the movie, or something like the scene between the SS and Sue in the forest.....but it is not a performance that can be compared with Michael's performance as Ben...with some cgi included in areas.

The "raw" performance is of course Doug, but in the end, there has been much more CGI placed on top of that performance than we thought...and in some areas may in fact be 100% cgi, but the performance in its "rawest" sense is Doug, whether it is something taken from his performance and used in another area....

Yeah that's what I wanted to say with my post some days/weeks ago. It looks to perfect to be just a suit with some CGI over it. But who cares how they did it? It looks amazing and that's what we all want, right?

:hyper:

Regards,
Maestro

Yeah that's what I wanted to say with my post some days/weeks ago. It looks to perfect to be just a suit with some CGI over it. But who cares how they did it? It looks amazing and that's what we all want, right?

Regards,
Maestro

BINGO.......and yes it does look spectacular.....And I have a feeling that it will look even more different once we see the final product in the theatres....I have a feeling they are still working on it as we speak....

There's a really cool article in the latest American Cinematographer.

It's a little technical and dry in some ways, but it gives a much different perspective on some of the things they were doing to get the look of the film right from the cinematographer's point of view.

med.jpg

I don't think so ... Tim said they have completed the movie and only 11 days left till release!

Regards,
Maestro

Regards,
Maestro

BINGO.......and yes it does look spectacular.....And I have a feeling that it will look even more different once we see the final product in the theatres....I have a feeling they are still working on it as we speak....

I am always distracted by the movements of CGI characters when I see them (it particularly bothered me in the latest Spider-Man when I found myself wondering why they did some scenes with CGI that could have been done practically - it's almost like they were trying to justify the budget by using as much CGI as possible).

My biggest hope is that, with this technique of using Doug as the source and then overlaying him with the CGI, they won't have that "CGI movement" that can be so distracting.

So far, the clips look promising, but I'm not sure if I've seen enough yet to judge.

There's a really cool article in the latest American Cinematographer.

It's a little technical and dry in some ways, but it gives a much different perspective on some of the things they were doing to get the look of the film right from the cinematographer's point of view.

med.jpg

Good, hopefully they fixed some of the areas that were a problem the first time around.......unfortunately one of the main problems, IMHO, was that there seemed to be no vision......hopefully with Tim being in on the project from day one this time, his vision may be much more grand and epic in nature.

I am always distracted by the movements of CGI characters when I see them (it particularly bothered me in the latest Spider-Man when I found myself wondering why they did some scenes with CGI that could have been done practically - it's almost like they were trying to justify the budget by using as much CGI as possible).

My biggest hope is that, with this technique of using Doug as the source and then overlaying him with the CGI, they won't have that "CGI movement" that can be so distracting.

So far, the clips look promising, but I'm not sure if I've seen enough yet to judge.

I agree...

Good, hopefully they fixed some of the areas that were a problem the first time around.......unfortunately one of the main problems, IMHO, was that there seemed to be no vision......hopefully with Tim being in on the project from day one this time, his vision may be much more grand and epic in nature.

You might want to pick up the article. He talks about how they're trying a lot of dynamic camera work with this one and he talks about how they had a track set up that could move the camera at 25 mph, and because they were doing a lot of movement they had to try to shoot a lot of scenes with one camera. It was pretty interesting, but like I say - sort of dry.

Since the first trailer, I've felt impressed by the cinematography of the wedding scene. It has rich colors without being harsh. There's really a beautiful look to the whole wedding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"