Sequels Magneto the movie is becoming X-Men: Origins ?

I'm not surprised it's being reworked; Magneto doesn't have the mass appeal of Wolverine, I was surprised they were even talking about giving him a solo in the first place. I wonder who the First Class of X-men are going to be. Wouldn't surprise me if they shoe-horn Gambit in to be the new "badboy" of the team.

The film could still be on Magneto, just a change of title to bring in the money.

Or Goyer could have come on-board and the studio want another X-Men film that doesn't have to follow on from X-Men 3. Different cast means the film will cost less, especially since Halle and Huge will not be involved.

Don't like the idea. The movie was Magneto, not X-men's origin.

It's a bit controversial, considering that the script review we just got says the movie is mostly Mags based, with Charlies appearing after half of the movie. But I usually trust IESB a lot.

I can't say I wouldn't be happy if they just decided to make an X-Men Origins instead of Magneto. Magneto is a wonderful, mesmerizing character, but I'd rather see how Storm, Beast, Cyclops and Jean all went to Xavier's school and their early days and training.

I doubt Beast, Storm, Jean and Scott appears in this film... At least, the original movie idea was the first years of Magneto, not how Xavier started his school... :huh: I find this news really weird.

I think Goyer accepted to do Magneto movie, not this... we'll see how it ends.

I wonder how drastic Goyer's treatment was from Turner's? I'm intrigued. Magneto's origin started out the first X-Men film, so they could make it work as an X-Men prequel film as seen through Magneto's eyes, leading up to him and Charles gathering mutants, etc.

Or it could just be to bring more people in. Magneto's name doesn't have much pull, like Wolverine to the general public, imo.

Yeah, that could be a marketing strategy. Although many people wouldn't be too happy if they walked in thinking they'd see the X-Men, and then see a movie about the villain :huh:

Yes, I preffer "Magneto" as the tittle, and all the movie around him. And if they want a X-men prequel, do it! but don't mix two different things.

I really want Magneto's origins to be separate. :(

Unless the script has been drastically changed, I think this is little more than marketing.

They did say the script has changed a lot... And casting and budgting is still going on, so we might actually get an X-Men origins instead of a movie focused on Mags...

That's true. I guess I'm just assuming the script still has quite a bit to do with Magneto and Xavier if they're scouting locations in Argentina and Europe.

I hope that if they do this, it doesn't end up like X3, with the whole reworking of the central plot with a new idea (the cure ehem ehem)

I don't think it will. Goyer recently stated that most of the movie takes place in Argentina and Europe... but I guess they could have recently done one hellacious rewrite. Who knows? A lot of The Last Stand was allegedly written in 6 days, and it seems that a lot of what was written in that draft came to pass, so maybe the movie has recently been reworked.

Or maybe they'll pull an Angel and advertise it as something more than it is.

I think that it will be more of a marketing plot "X-Men: Origins" Wolverine and "X-Men: Origins" Magneto.

I'm not surprised. The movie had already sounded like it was treading on X-Men prequel territory. I'm sure Magneto's origins are still largely intact (survives Holocaust, runs into former Nazi, hunts down other Nazis) but trimmed down to make room for the team's foundation.

I think it'd going to be about Mags and Chuck's friendship and eventual falling out.

But we still do need an interesting third act. And Charles creating the school and recruiting the students feels more like "last two minutes of film" than a long, developed plot. So we might have a confrontation between Magneto (and maybe Charles) against the Nazis and then they decide to create the school?

I don't think they will trade among their fall out, since it happened after the school was created. This would require at least some 5, 10 minutes of movie, otherwise it would feel rushed if right after they get the students, they simply decide to become "enemies".

I get the feeling the movie will begin with Magneto and Charles founding the X-men, but having a massive falling out shortly thereafter, causing them to go their separate ways at the end of the film. That keeps the original focus, yet boosts the marketability by bringing in popular X-men like Cyke, Beast, or Jean.

this might be the 4th x-men film we all wanted :d
i only hope that this one is not rushed and if they want to show a sentinel be it a full sentinel :cmad:

I think Mags would still be the central focus, but it will also feature on the forming of the X-Men.

I think the two could go hand in hand... Following Magneto after losing his parents, and eventually his wife. We would see him meet Charles. They start the school together, build Cerebro, recruit Scott, Jean, etc... then they have a falling out and Eric goes bad.

After all Xavier and Eric's origins are intertwined as they have a long history together and the movieverse has made it clear that they built Cerebro together and recruited the original students together. Could work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"