• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Guys hear me out.

The unreleased Fantastic Four movie is still the best one.
View attachment 90158
I just spent part of this boring, cold ass Saturday rewatching this movie for maybe the third time ever. Yes it's low budget, yes it's very 90s b-movie, but it really does have a lot of heart and charm. They're also the only ones that completely nailed live action Doom.

Now I have a mind to look at the Generation X movie from Fox lol.
RIP, Mr. Corman. :csad:

This doesnt have anything to do with anything but I decided out the blue to watch Arcane finally and WOW, the show lives up to the hype. easily one of the best animated series ever made. It took me a couple episodes to get into the world, lore and characters but once I became invested it was a wild ride.

I'm now on an animation kick and need more good stuff to watch!

Star Wars Visions is a great sampler of a wide variety of animation styles.

As for shows, Scott Pilgrim Takes off is the most recent one I would recommend.

This doesnt have anything to do with anything but I decided out the blue to watch Arcane finally and WOW, the show lives up to the hype. easily one of the best animated series ever made. It took me a couple episodes to get into the world, lore and characters but once I became invested it was a wild ride.

I'm now on an animation kick and need more good stuff to watch!
It didn't grab me straightaway but I really got into it as it went on and am now massively looking forward to the second season.

Guys hear me out.

The unreleased Fantastic Four movie is still the best one.
View attachment 90158
I just spent part of this boring, cold ass Saturday rewatching this movie for maybe the third time ever. Yes it's low budget, yes it's very 90s b-movie, but it really does have a lot of heart and charm. They're also the only ones that completely nailed live action Doom.

Now I have a mind to look at the Generation X movie from Fox lol.

I don't even know the story and I'm not even an animal person, and even this broke my heart for 30 seconds.
I've never seen it but will have to check it out if I can find a way to view it.

I'm so hoping they can get the new F4 film right. Going to be hard to win even much of the GA over after 3 prior attempts but at least they've got a good cast together.

I think VII, VIII and IX could all make for great TV shows.

No love for X? 😚
I always adore X....as it was one of my first games that I played during my school days...so it always held a special place in my heart to this day.

And imo, X was and always the most popular FF series, at least here in Japan,...there is a reason why X is the only main series that had a sequel after its release...though Cloud may be more popular in pop culture than Tidus, but Yuna, I think is definitely bigger and popular than Tifa, Vivi, or Aerith.

Oh wow R.I.P. Mr Corman. We are JUST talking about him and his F4 movie yesterday. Should we all be so lucky to make it to 98 years old have such a notorious career.

I didn't realize until just now what a prolific director/producer Roger Corman was, or how much of a profound effect he had on the film industry. It's crazy that he helped launch the careers of such iconic directors as Francis Ford Coppola, Ron Howard, Martin Scorsese, Jonathan Demme, Peter Bogdanovich, Joe Dante, John Sayles, and James Cameron, as well as actors like Peter Fonda, Jack Nicholson, Dennis Hopper, Bruce Dern, Diane Ladd, and William Shatner :omg:

Looking at his filmography I don't think I've seen a single thing he directed or produced, which is really weird considering what a cult movie aficionado I am...

R.I.P. Mr. Corman.

No love for X? 😚
I always adore X....as it was one of my first games that I played during my school days...so it always held a special place in my heart to this day.

And imo, X was and always the most popular FF series, at least here in Japan,...there is a reason why X is the only main series that had a sequel after its release...though Cloud may be more popular in pop culture than Tidus, but Yuna, I think is definitely bigger and popular than Tifa, Vivi, or Aerith.
My top 3 are VIII, VII and X. I’d love for any of them specifically, or otherwise any other FF to get live action treatment, shows would be fine. I think it would be tough to get right though and no point giving this to someone average to attempt.

No love for X? 😚

Friend, I still cry.

When you remember that Madame Web has been available to rent for a few weeks and you still haven't seen it.

a17b40561f68cebbda2082cd8ab4ea9c.gif

No love for X? 😚

I figured if any of the games get adaptations it would be VII, VIII, X. I don't remember 9 being as popular as the others. VI gets discounted because it's a 2D game.

I haven't played a single Final Fantasy game. I have played most of the Kingdom Hearts series, but that's not the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"