Malick Casts Affleck, Bardem, McAdams and Kurylenko

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62981
Source:Deadline Hollywood
February 3, 2010

Deadline Hollywood reports that Terrence Malick (upcoming The Tree of Life, The New World) has cast Christian Bale, Javier Bardem, Rachel McAdams and Olga Kurylenko in a new love story he's written and will direct.

No story details are known at this time.

FilmNation Entertainment is behind the film, which starts shooting in this fall. Nicolas Gonda, Sarah Green and Bill Pohlad will produce.

whatever it's about it will no doubt look good.

Big Javier Bardem fan right here but I don't know about the casting of Olga Kurylenko. Malick has got great performances out of actors not known for them before so we'll see.

Olga Kurylenko will play the girl who eventually gets naked :up:

Maybe Bale will finally show some chemistry with his female costar.

Maybe Bale will finally show some chemistry with his female costar.

Nearly all of his roles have required him to be emotionally detached, in some way or another, from his surrounding characters.

Nearly all of his roles have required him to be emotionally detached, in some way or another, from his surrounding characters.

Except for Rescue Dawn, which IMHO featured one of the all time great movie friendships between Bale and Zahn's characters.

Except for Rescue Dawn, which IMHO featured one of the all time great movie friendships between Bale and Zahn's characters.

Yes, Bale and Zahn were great in Rescue Dawn. After watching Sahara, I was pretty much floored by how good he was.

Bale and McAdams? I'm sold. :D

This could be very interesting, I'm curious to see Bale in this one, just cause u dont tend to relate him with love stories. Bardem and McAdams sound good too.

[A]: :hehe:

Well, for Bale to sign onto a love story film, I think that means it has to be good. He hates sappy rom-coms and has vowed to never do one. Not that I would ever expect Terrance Malick to do a rom-com, but you know.

Why does Olga get so much hate? I've only seen her in Quantum of Solace, but I thought she did well in that.

Don't like Bale much nowadays but Bardem & McAdams might make it watchable

Initially I'm surprised to see Bale attached to a project in this type of genre. But I am very intrigued.

^ Maybe he's sick of playing dark, brooding, slightly insane badasses. :woot:

Yes, Bale and Zahn were great in Rescue Dawn. After watching Sahara, I was pretty much floored by how good he was.

In Sahara he was still playing the comedy relief for the most part. I'm glad in Rescue Dawn that he had a serious role to show off his acting chops. I like Zahn and hope he gets offered more roles that aren't comedic.

This movie sounds like it could be pretty good but I'm not sure about Rachel Mcadams since I've only seen her in Sherlock Holmes and didn't see anything special about her acting wise. Bale and Bardem in the same film is what caught my interest. As others have said, it will be great to hopefully see Bale in a role where he is more upbeat and not brooding or emotionally disturbed.

^ Maybe he's sick of playing dark, brooding, slightly insane badasses. :woot:

Did someone say "slightly" insane?

2m2b7cz.jpg

:woot:

In Sahara he was still playing the comedy relief for the most part. I'm glad in Rescue Dawn that he had a serious role to show off his acting chops. I like Zahn and hope he gets offered more roles that aren't comedic.

This movie sounds like it could be pretty good but I'm not sure about Rachel Mcadams since I've only seen her in Sherlock Holmes and didn't see anything special about her acting wise. Bale and Bardem in the same film is what caught my interest. As others have said, it will be great to hopefully see Bale in a role where he is more upbeat and not brooding or emotionally disturbed.

Rachel McAdams was also in movies like Red Eye, The Notebook, and State of Play. She's actually a pretty good actress.

Bruce Wayne and Lois Lane in a love story.:wow:

It's joke because a lot of fans want to see Rachel McAdams as Lois Lane. Me included. She'd be ****in' perfect. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"