• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Manhunt 2 heading to PS2, PSP, and Wii

Fran

Banned User
Reaction score
http://www.gametab.com/news/808198/

Rockstar Games will publish Manhunt 2 for Sony's PlayStation 2 and PSP. Additionally, the game will appear on the Nintendo Wii. Manhunt 2 is the first game from Rockstar London. "With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward," said Sam Houser, executive producer and founder of Rockstar Games. The long life and huge install base of Sony's PlayStation 2 continues to beget third party titles to Nintendo's Wii -- will these games find a unique place among Nintendo owners or will they be afterthought-type ports of PS2 and PSP software with tacked on waggle controls? Some will be the latter, we hope Rockstar's Manhunt sequel is among the former.

Manhunt 1 was awesome, hopefully this'll be just as good, if even better.

good find. :up: The first one was awesome and hopefully part 2 won't disappoint.

Manhunt was the most intense game I've ever played. Quite brilliant.

I hope Brian Cox returns as the voice of the guy who runs the game.

Why the hell are PS2 titles still being made?

Well, still, it can be played on the PS3, so it doesn't really matter for now.

Anyone have a list of PS3 compatables? Wikipedia doesnt have one.

I believe, or I at least thought, that EVERY PS2 game is compatible with PS3 :huh:

I have less then zero interest in this game.

Manhunt was a piece of crap, Manhunt 2 will be a piece of crap, and anyone who likes it will become a real piece of crap.

Manhunts stealth was crappy. The whole point of the game was to be the slasher from a slasher movie. In otherwords, lame.

I believe, or I at least thought, that EVERY PS2 game is compatible with PS3 :huh:

Nope, only the games made within certain sony standards. So basically, the compatability is even lower than the 360s.

Nope, only the games made within certain sony standards. So basically, the compatability is even lower than the 360s.

That's entirely not true. The only games that up until recently did not work were games like Guitar Hero due to the peripheral requirement which has been sorted out.

Put any PS2 game in your PS3 and it will work. THe PS2 CPU and GPU are in the motherboard.

not everyone has the $600 just laying around to buy a PS3, not to mention the $60 a game. Im glad sony is thinking about their gamers thats alittle light in the wallet.

why wouldnt they be? PS2 has a large base in the market and there's still demand for games. Sony still supports the system and Im glad it hasnt just abandoned it bc the PS3 is out

I'm really glad that SONY aren't totally abandoning the PS2 like they did with the PSX, which quickly became a catalogue of crap budget games and educational games.

I didn't care for Manhunt, once the gimmick wore off it was boring and repetitive.. Although the atmosphere was great.

why wouldnt they be? PS2 has a large base in the market and there's still demand for games. Sony still supports the system and Im glad it hasnt just abandoned it bc the PS3 is out

True enough, but God of War 2 would be the PS3's killer app. I can understand third parties wanting to ride the dying PS2 wave, but Sony should be backing their new entrance with all they got. God knows they need the numbers.

True enough, but God of War 2 would be the PS3's killer app. I can understand third parties wanting to ride the dying PS2 wave, but Sony should be backing their new entrance with all they got. God knows they need the numbers.
Ive also thought htat the PS3 could definetly have benfited from having GoW2, but at the same time Im not complaining bc Im not getting one anytime soon and Im very satisified with my PS2 and what it has to offer this year

Ive also thought htat the PS3 could definetly have benfited from having GoW2, but at the same time Im not complaining bc Im not getting one anytime soon and Im very satisified with my PS2 and what it has to offer this year
^ Agreed.

It's good to see that theres going to be a sequel. I thought the first game was a good intense stealth game with some of the grittiest scenery ever put into a game.

My mum actually pinched and hid the game so it didn't corrupt my soul. I was 21 and my brother was 18. :(

I thought it was good, but I never felt compelled to finish it or ask for it back, I didn't care enough.

Manhunt was a piece of crap, Manhunt 2 will be a piece of crap, and anyone who likes it will become a real piece of crap.

You're a peace of crap for calling people peaces of crap because they don't share your opinion. You just sound like an *******.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"