Marvel comics:

GregComicFan

movie and comic buff
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering this: Has any long-running superhero ever been rebooted or written to have a child or children and this change in the character was actually SUCCESSFUL and stuck???

For example, Singer's inclusion of Superman being a father in "Superman Returns" seemed pretty much universally disliked.

In the comic world, has a superhero, who was once kid-less, ever been suddenly given off-spring and it was a big hit and stuck?

I posted this in the DC comic forum too, so here just discuss marvel.

For example, if Spiderman was suddenly written to have a kid, people would flip. I think it's because the inclusion of a child automatically puts the superhero into the "mentor" position and makes them seem background to the new, younger offspring.

Last edited:
Hulk as a daddy is pretty cool. Then again his son is a total badass, unlike the piano throwing Superboy.

Hi, I was wondering this: Has any long-running superhero ever been rebooted or written to have a child or children and this change in the character was actually SUCCESSFUL and stuck???

For example, Singer's inclusion of Superman being a father in "Superman Returns" seemed pretty much universally disliked.

In the comic world, has a superhero, who was once kid-less, ever been suddenly given off-spring and it was a big hit and stuck?

For example, if Spiderman was suddenly written to have a kid, people would flip. I think it's because the inclusion of a child automatically puts the superhero into the "mentor" position and makes them seem background to the new, younger offspring.

Well lets put it this way, they gave Superman a kid (by adoption) and stuck him in the Phantom Zone never to be heard of again.

Reed and Sue Richards of the Fantastic Four have two children.

Luke Cage has a kid and that has worked well so far. Who knows what may happen with that though.

Luke Cage has a kid and that has worked well so far. Who knows what may happen with that though.
I hope something does. Luke and Jessica are two of my favorite characters, so I'd like to see writers develop the kid into another great character.

I would bet that something would happen with the kid in the next issue of SI. I remember the baby's eyes were green at one point pre-SI so that could go in a number of directions.

You are aware, Spider-Man has a kid right? Joey Q would tell you he doesn't, but he does.

Same thing with his wife. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Joe Q would just tell you that the kid was retconned out in One More Day, along with everything else.

MJ was pregnant in the mid 90s but then had a miscarriage. and as far as JoeQ/OMD is concerned the miscarriage probably still happened except this time the baby was out of wedlock.

She didn't have a miscarriage, though. She was told she had a miscarriage while some chick whose name I can't remember--on Norman Osborn's payroll, I believe--absconded with the child. Nothing ever came of it because, as we've since learned, the people at Marvel want to forget about anything that so much as hints at Peter growing up a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"