DC COMICS: Superheroes having kids

im glad hes gone... good riddance to bad rubbish

I wouldn't have minded if he'd stuck around. I would've preferred Clark and Lois have their own child, especially since Greg Rucka's Adventures of Superman run seemed to be heading in that direction, but once they actually had Chris, he would've been just as valid a means of exploring parenthood with the Kents as a child of their own. But then DC chickened out.

i would have preferred to see them with there own kids as well... i think it would be hilarious watching a man that can move planets struggle with crying baby and poopy diapers... kryptonian poopy diapers... those have to be superdoodoos

The Phantom Zone. Where most of Superman's plots wind up.

I wonder when Rip finally steals that projector to cannibalize it into the Supernova suit.

I hate how they aged Plastic Man's son Luke and made him Offspring... that JLA story with him plus the end of Trial By Fire was kickass...

I wouldn't have minded if he'd stuck around. I would've preferred Clark and Lois have their own child, especially since Greg Rucka's Adventures of Superman run seemed to be heading in that direction, but once they actually had Chris, he would've been just as valid a means of exploring parenthood with the Kents as a child of their own. But then DC chickened out.

It was an interesting angle but it's utterly unrealistic due to the fact that Kryptonians and humans are very different species.

And Johns closed the book on that issue.

No you misunderstand the idea of Superman having a child is not disliked in fact they did it in the comics with Last Son and if not for the delays it was pretty much well received. The reason why it was disliked in Superman Returns though was not because they gave him a child but how they did it. You don't let Superman and Lois have a child with her not knowing that he is really Clark Kent or her knowing even though Superman plays dumb to the thought (much like Superman: Doomsday). Second you can't give them a child have him be gone for five years of the childs life and let another man rasie the child thinking that it is his. This is why the idea was disliked in Superman Returns because it was done in the wrong way. How ever the way it was done in the comics and how Christopher was written it worked.

The way it was done in the movie was simply lame. Like much of the movie itself. Lois won't tell Supes her son is his despite the manifesting powers that make it IMPOSSIBLE not have it known.

But by whuipsering it to him while the man of Steel is in a coma, it's cure the comatose state! Oh, how believable!!!

Hector and everyone else in that Fate dimension seem to have been forgotten. The Helm of Fate wound up with Kent Nelson, who's not the same Kent Nelson as the original Dr. Fate.

Wow thanks for the explanation. That's a shame they did that to Hector. I like the relationship between Hector and Hawkman, it carried over from JSA and dipped into Hawkman when Johns was writing it.

Yeah, I liked Hector as Dr. Fate, too. It's a shame they got rid of him to revive Kent Nelson via his grandson or distant cousin or whatever the hell the new Kent is to the old one.
It was an interesting angle but it's utterly unrealistic due to the fact that Kryptonians and humans are very different species.

And Johns closed the book on that issue.
I'm so bored of that argument. It's stupid to begin with, but Rucka did the proper comic writer thing and seemed to be setting it up so that Mxy would enable Clark and Lois to have a child.

And f*** Johns. I'm waiting for him to divorce Superman from Lois just so he can bring back even more ******ed Silver Age hijinks at this point. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"