Marvel TV Series Marvel On Disney Streaming Service (aka Disney +)

Iron Heart will depend upon how she's received in Wakanda Forever. If the reaction to Riri is that she's a scene stealer and she's a fun character and people want to see more, then the anticipation for her show builds. And since Ryan Coogler is an executive producer on Iron Heart, there's not going to be a significant character change.
Good that they got Coogler involved in any capacity.

yeah Echo is the least exciting for me…but it could be fun with Kingpin and DD, only if it’s for 2-3 episodes
You think there’s a chance it could be that short?

Bad CGI has become a meme in itself.
The Spy Kids jokes didn’t take long. About 40 people independently made that joke since yesterday lol.

Sure, but shooting on location in Chicago prevents the noticeably bad CGI Chicago.
What exactly are you baseing this statement on? Most of the time when they need to make 1 location look like another, they aren't using cgi.

What exactly are you baseing this statement on? Most of the time when they need to make 1 location look like another, they aren't using cgi.

Didn't most of Hawkeye and She Hulk shoot in front of blue screens?

Didn't most of Hawkeye and She Hulk shoot in front of blue screens?
They have scenes where they did yea, but I don't know how you can determine a majority was shot that way. Also when people were complaining about bad cgi in She-Hulk, they weren't referring to the landscape. A lot of those office scenes were shot in a studio. Even if She-Hulk filmed in LA instead of Georgia, they would have still filmed on a studio lot for these indoor scenes. For Hawkeye, which a majority of the show was filmed in NY, still had to have blue screen scenes. It's not feasible for production to actually film in certain locations like Rockefeller Center. Both from a cost point as well as logistical. This is normal for most movies and shows. Even someone like Nolan, who is adverse to cgi, has filmed scenes like this in his movies.

I've noticed that recently you've seem to been making a lot of posts about cgi and trying to limit how much cgi is used. Cgi is not an inherently bad thing, it's just a matter of how it's used. And it's just another tool that filmmakers can use, just like practical effects, camera techniques, makeup, etc..

Sure, but shooting on location in Chicago prevents the noticeably bad CGI Chicago.

Yeah, but the question becomes "How much does this actually benefit you?" Is the amounted of added cost for "location shooting in Chicago" less than the amount of losses from "having a CGI stand-in for Chicago"?

I suspect the answer is "This is very very seldom actually a worthwhile trade". The presence of authentic vs substitute setting is almost never going to actually be the thing which causes people to not watch your movie/show/whatever. Its only worthwhile if location shooting contributes to the larger creative vision in ways more ubiquitous than just "Avoiding a few obvious CGI backdrops". Otherwise, you are spending money on something that most people won't notice or care about.

Disney+ Confirms Only 3 Marvel Shows Coming In 2023

I don’t need them to come to SDCC next year, if they can’t even keep their release dates a few months later.

No surprise to me. Their management is in deficit these days.

Disney themselves also mentions Echo still releasing here:
https://d23.com/every-disney-moment-were-looking-forward-to-in-2023/

And has included both Echo and Agatha: Coven of Chaos here:

Plus they are not including any animated content or potential Special Presentations in any of their announcements either.

EDIT: Seems Marvel UK deleted the tweet that promoted both Echo and Agatha as upcoming in 2023.

Last edited:

Loki has been promoted more than Secret Invasion the last 2 months…could this mean, they’re switching releases. Loki would be closer to Quantumania and SI closer to the Marvels?

Loki has been promoted more than Secret Invasion the last 2 months…could this mean, they’re switching releases. Loki would be closer to Quantumania and SI closer to the Marvels?

That would seem to make sense, based on the elements those projects share

Slowing down the amount of content and focusing on quality over quantity is what they need to do right now.

Slowing down the amount of content and focusing on quality over quantity is what they need to do right now.
I agree. Cranking out a bunch of garbage isn't going to help sagging ratings. :(

Agreed, but only if they're actually going to focus on quality. It would be worse if we're now getting the same, but we just have to wait for it longer...

Also I don't think people are very excited about shows like Echo and Iron Heart. That has to be part of it, especially if you make fans feel as if they "HAVE" to watch it. (So you won't miss out on important "movie stuff") But they probably wouldn't complain if all the shows were good.

Agreed, but only if they're actually going to focus on quality. It would be worse if we're now getting the same, but we just have to wait for it longer...

Also I don't think people are very excited about shows like Echo and Iron Heart. That has to be part of it, especially if you make fans feel as if they "HAVE" to watch it. (So you won't miss out on important "movie stuff") But they probably wouldn't complain if all the shows were good.

The fact that they are cutting down on the shows does indicate that they are focusing on quality. The shear amount of content they were producing with not only movies but also the shows was a clear drag on the quality because when you produce that amount of content at a breakneck pace the quality control is going to suffer. That is just common sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"