Secret Invasion Marvel Studios' Secret Invasion General Discussion Thread

Interesting…but he really needs to proof being a good actor and not just (Netflix) hype

Last edited:
So now Page isn't part of the cast. Seems someone at Marvel Studios let it slip early that he was joining the MCU but likely in another project.

Sure hope we get to see Rhodey in his War Machine armor and kicking some ass.

Secret Invasion Season 1 | Cast, Characters, Release Date | Marvel
Secret Invasion stars Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Ben Mendelsohn as the Skrull Talos—characters who first met in Captain Marvel. They are joined by Kingsley Ben-Adir, Emilia Clarke, and Olivia Colman. The crossover event series showcases a faction of shapeshifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years.

Did anyone else know this is being marketed as a "crossover event"? This is the first D+ show to have that distinction, I believe. Makes you wonder who might be popping up throughout its run.

So apparently, the original Union Jack, James Montgomery Falsworth had a daughter named Jacqueline. That's who she might be, except that she's a grand daughter to Falsworth in the MCU, who was in Captain America: First Avenger.

I think this already has been debunked

I'm wondering how big of a role does Rhodey have in this? A few scenes here or there or is he a regular character in this?

FYI, the footage I saw at SDCC made this look like a dark serious political thriller with a sci-fi/alien invasion bent vibe. It doesn't look like they are going for light comedy and jokes here. Like a much more serious vibe.

as expected and hoped for.

Okay, now I am watching this after seeing the trailer

In Captain Marvel the Skrulls where a bit of an allegory for immigrants. I wonder how they are going to do this storyline without making it seem like they are demonizing then and by extension immigrants. I mean, we can see for instance that not all Skrulls are on the same side.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rhodey has hung up his War Machine suit when we see him in this one, only for him to get the suit back in Armor Wars.

This looks awesome and definitely my kind of show. I got TWS/The X-Files vibes through the whole thing which I hope is the kind of serious tone that they are going for and if that's the case than I know I'm probably going to love it.

I'm also super curious to see what they do with Emilia Clarke and Olivia Coleman in this.

The trailer needs more Skrulls (their green selves) but it looks like a chilling spy thriller film.

Though I wish they just titled it as Nick Fury, as obviously its a Nick Fury show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"