She-Hulk Marvel Studios' She-Hulk General Discussion Thread

She can turn back into normal form at will but she prefers her Hulk form because she is more confident as She Hulk than as regular Jennifer Walters. So she's usually in her glorious green form.

She got stuck as She-Hulk for many years and was permanently in that form (the result of the She-Hulk graphic novel). It was only more recently (relatively) in the Dan Slott run that she was able to turn back to Jennifer Walters again. Also in that run is when she learnt to accept her human self a bit more, otherwise she generally shunned it and preferred being She-Hulk all the time.

I bet many of those people are part of the "We're not sexists, Captain Marvel just sucks" crowd... and yet here they are, whining about yet another female led project. How tf do they not know who She-Hulk is. Google is free? Morons?

Anyways. Shulkie is my 3rd favorite Marvel hero so obviously I wish she were getting a movie instead, but as long as she still shows up in the films it doesn't bother me that they're introducing her in a show. Her backstory is fairly simple.

I also really wish they would cast a real actress instead of using CGI but knowing Marvel that's not going to happen.

I bet many of those people are part of the "We're not sexists, Captain Marvel just sucks" crowd... and yet here they are, whining about yet another female led project. How tf do they not know who She-Hulk is. Google is free? Morons?

Anyways. Shulkie is my 3rd favorite Marvel hero so obviously I wish she were getting a movie instead, but as long as she still shows up in the films it doesn't bother me that they're introducing her in a show. Her backstory is fairly simple.

I also really wish they would cast a real actress instead of using CGI but knowing Marvel that's not going to happen.

They would have to cast 2 actresses then, with one playing Jennifer and one playing She-Hulk. How would they make them look alike and seem like the same person?

She doesn't have to be super muscular, and I prefer that she isn't. They can use the movie reshape technology to give her height and muscles while still keeping the performance of the original actor:

I'm guessing they won't go this route though, because they never seem to for some reason.

They would have to cast 2 actresses then, with one playing Jennifer and one playing She-Hulk. How would they make them look alike and seem like the same person?
With the same technology used for skinny Steve Rogers, by superimposing the actress' face over a body double. The She-Hulk form is more important than the human one, which is why I'd rather it not be a CGI creation.

It's going to be interesting to see how they choose to create She-Hulk. I imagine it will get quite expensive if they go the cg route.

My brother had the some of the early issues of her first series (I think I still have those buried in the archives) and I remember some of the fanboy anger expressed in the letters page about this "female rip-off" of Hulk. One guy wrote something along the line of "What's next, Iron Ma'am!!?" The more things change, as they say...

I just want to see Spragg the living Hill brought to life and Jen busting through the fourth wall to point out the absurdities of the MCU.

If they’re doing this properly with Jen permanently in She-Hulk form then it won’t be CGI, it’d just be far too expensive and time consuming. I think prosthetics on the right actress and maybe some camera trickery will be the way to go.

Oh well if anyone can afford it disney can.

Anyway Laverne Cox already expressed interest in the role. I love her!

Gee she would be a great Jen. I wonder if Mark Ruffalo can cameo in the first ep? Why not I mean they need to establish the blood transfusion thing

Oh well if anyone can afford it disney can.

Anyway Laverne Cox already expressed interest in the role. I love her!

Gee she would be a great Jen. I wonder if Mark Ruffalo can cameo in the first ep? Why not I mean they need to establish the blood transfusion thing

Hopefully they don’t brush over the blood transfusion part, Banner/Hulk needs a full blown part in the first episode atleast.

Besides the CGI, my other biggest concern regarding this show is She-Hulk's characterization. Like, do we trust the people who turned Tony Stark into a family man to accurately portray how horny Jennifer is? :o

I don't. But they should show that because it's a huge part of what makes her unique.

My brother had the some of the early issues of her first series (I think I still have those buried in the archives) and I remember some of the fanboy anger expressed in the letters page about this "female rip-off" of Hulk. One guy wrote something along the line of "What's next, Iron Ma'am!!?" The more things change, as they say...
That just proves that those whining about how Marvel has become "too SJW" are full of crap. People like them have always existed, it's just that before the internet it was less easy for them to find each other.

Besides the CGI, my other biggest concern regarding this show is She-Hulk's characterization. Like, do we trust the people who turned Tony Stark into a family man to accurately portray how horny Jennifer is? :o

I don't. But they should show that because it's a huge part of what makes her unique.

That just proves that those whining about how Marvel has become "too SJW" are full of crap. People like them have always existed, it's just that before the internet it was less easy for them to find each other.

I doubt they're going to make her super horny. I think she's probably going to be close in characterisation to Ally McBeal, especially since that's the sort of idea that Dan Slott pitched when he revived her series, with the premise "Single Green Female".

Personally I want a mix of the original stories combined with Byrne's run on Fantastic Four, and bits of Slott's premise. I say Byrne on Fantastic Four rather than Sensational She-Hulk, because she was more normal there and wasn't constantly breaking the 4th wall. The Sensational comic makes it hard for her to interact with others, and the stories were so frivolous and zany that they seem completely insubstantial with no weight to them at all.

Sure, they can have some fun elements like they did in Ally McBeal, but keep it so that it can still fit into the rest of the MCU.

Please no Laverne Cox, just no.

She would be awful.

I wonder if Mark Ruffalo will show up as Bruce Banner/Hulk

Hopefully they don’t brush over the blood transfusion part, Banner/Hulk needs a full blown part in the first episode atleast.

Yeah I reckon mark will be up for it too. He’s often called the actor’s actor. I don’t think he’s a tv snob.

The only convincing point would be if they use him too much people might think he’s taking the spotlight off Jen and she might just look like a supporting cast character as opposed to a super important icon in her own right

Well if they introduce Jen right she will undoubtedly steal the show because Ruffalo's Hulk is boring as hell. But to be fair, i always found She Hulk way more interesting than Bruce Banner Hulk.

I can see Bruce showing up in her show as well as Thunderbolt Ross

I want to know if we'll get any of the old characters from her original series in this show like Zapper or Sheriff Morris Walters. Also, will she start a romance with Wyatt Wingfoot?

Well if they introduce Jen right she will undoubtedly steal the show because Ruffalo's Hulk is boring as hell. But to be fair, i always found She Hulk way more interesting than Bruce Banner Hulk.

Ha, well you’re not wrong. Jen is just amazing.

I want to know if we'll get any of the old characters from her original series in this show like Zapper or Sheriff Morris Walters. Also, will she start a romance with Wyatt Wingfoot?

I hope so. I hope we see lots of people from her law firm like Mallory and awesome Andy and also Titania

Who do you want to see as the show runner for She-Hulk?

For me Kay Cannon is perfect for this. If you look at her resume (girl boss, 30 rock), it’s like one big audition tape for She-Hulk

You had me at 30 Rock. That's one of my favorite comedy shows ever.

Anyone want to see Tim Blake Nelson finally become Leader in this show and also the return of Abomination?

Honestly me and my partner are watching it together and I just think it would be the perfect template for a She-Hulk series

Any guesses who would be the villains in this. I'm not very familiar with Hulk's rogues gallery and I'm imagining that Marvel Studios would utilize 2 or 3 of them inthis show.

I definitely don't want to see Abomination again as he had the spotlight before as the lead villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"