She-Hulk Marvel Studios' She-Hulk General Discussion Thread

I said this in the Black Widow Thread because he's in that film and will probably show up here:

- I don't know if Thunderbolt Ross going to be Red Hulk in the MCU. Sure, he can do just the voice, but I also would not rule out the possibility of William Hurt bowing out completely. Apparently, he walks with a cane in real life. I know that Michael Douglas is older and had tongue cancer back in 2013, but based off his social media, he looks to be of great health both physically and mentally these days and says he is looking forward to suiting up for Ant Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.

Makes me think if she's in this show, that Liv Tyler's Betty Ross might end up being the MCU Red Hulk instead of William Hurt. Also might be the reason for Julia Louis Dreyfuss' Valentina in that she's a replacement for Thunderbolt Ross.

Makes me think if she's in this show, that Liv Tyler's Betty Ross might end up being the MCU Red Hulk instead of William Hurt. Also might be the reason for Julia Louis Dreyfuss' Valentina in that she's a replacement for Thunderbolt Ross.
If Betty ever becomes a gamma mutate I hope she'd become Red Harpy somehow, so she's more different from Bruce and Jen.

So excited for her enthusiasm! Every marvel series just makes me more excited for more!

If Betty ever becomes a gamma mutate I hope she'd become Red Harpy somehow, so she's more different from Bruce and Jen.
Yeah I’m with you there.

Sort of a larger issue, but when they just make everyone “Hulks” it kind of goes against the spirit of what the Gamma actually does (it brings out your psychological issues in physical mutation). Betty doesn’t have DID like Bruce, or self-image issues like Jen, so her mutation manifests differently.

Plus it’s just a far more interesting design:

images

Is there any talk of Liv returning? I’d be pretty happy about that if so.

I don’t know if they’d get into it in a She-Hulk series which I expect would be more comedy focused, but there’s a lot of great drama they can get into with Betty/Bruce. And if they’re smart, they’d use her being ignored for the last decade as part of the story.

I don’t know if they’d get into it in a She-Hulk series which I expect would be more comedy focused, but there’s a lot of great drama they can get into with Betty/Bruce. And if they’re smart, they’d use her being ignored for the last decade as part of the story.
By the time this comes out, it will be almost 15 years. :eek:

By the time this comes out, it will be almost 15 years. :eek:

Yeah it’s crazy, and this is making the assumption she actually shows up. She might not.

Right now I’m just assuming they’ll keep it to Abomination as the main returning Hulk character, and even then moreso as set up for Dark Avengers down the line.

Yeah it’s crazy, and this is making the assumption she actually shows up. She might not.

Right now I’m just assuming they’ll keep it to Abomination as the main returning Hulk character, and even then moreso as set up for Dark Avengers down the line.
I hope she does. If just for her to make a joke about Bruce looking exactly the same.

This is their chance to "reset" the Hulk part of the universe. I hope they take advantage of that, and do it right.

I hope she does. If just for her to make a joke about Bruce looking exactly the same.

This is their chance to "reset" the Hulk part of the universe. I hope they take advantage of that, and do it right.

I’m very cynical when it comes to Marvel’s handling of the Hulk stuff, so I’m going into this with no real hopes or anything. I genuinely don’t believe Feige likes or understands the character, and that this is more about introducing the comedy She-Hulk superhero Boston Legal-esq stuff.

But maybe they can surprise me. I’d love to be proven wrong and for them to use this to set up a Hulk Disney + show.

Knowing Marvel if Liv Tyler returns as Betty then it will probably be in something not Hulk related (like Thunderbolt Ross in Civil War and Abomination in Shang Chi).

Tyler lives in the UK now so they could feature her in any number the Marvel productions filming in the UK if both parties wish to return.

No legit evidence but there has been circumstantial evidence. She lives in London regularly, but was in Miami a week before shooting was to have started.
Great, thanks for that. :up:

Knowing Marvel if Liv Tyler returns as Betty then it will probably be in something not Hulk related (like Thunderbolt Ross in Civil War and Abomination in Shang Chi).

Tyler lives in the UK now so they could feature her in any number the Marvel productions filming in the UK if both parties wish to return.

I want her to interact with Ruffalo, just like I wanted William Hurt to as well. Somehow in all the films he's featured since TIH he's never had even a single interaction with Banner. And Banner has never once mentioned Betty (and neither has Ross for that matter).

Perhaps She-hulk will be the start of Marvels hulk characters interacting more.

Hope we see the leader again some day.

It's honestly a shame that Disney and Universal could never work something out. The Hulk mythos have been pretty much squandered in the MCU and the only way to really salvage it at this point is to give it all to She-Hulk.

Last edited:
You would think that they’d be able to do a straight up Hulk series on Disney +, as a way around the film issue.

It's honestly a shame that Disney/Universal could never work something out. The Hulk mythos have been pretty much squandered in the MCU and the only way to really salvage it at this point is to give it all to She-Hulk.

it cost us planet hulk and world war hulk. two huge storylines that would've been epic movies.

it cost us planet hulk and world war hulk. two huge storylines that would've been epic movies.

It continues to strike me as weird that people actively want World War Hulk. Yes, Marvel Studios has taken terrible storylines like Civil War and turned them into worthwhile movies, but why deliberately hope for "I want Marvel Studios to take just the name of an awful story, and make an entire new good movie out of it", rather than just "I hope they make a good movie"?

World War Hulk is just a DBZ style slugfest. I didn’t hate it, because at the time it was cathartic to see the Hulk more or less serve up some justified punishment on Stark and Richards...but as a film it wouldn’t work. Its just mindless action.

Honestly, ditto the Red Hulk stuff. That entire saga by Jeph Loeb was absolute garbage. Jeff Parker, Greg Pak and Al Ewing salvaged what they could of it, but the films would not benefit in any way from the inclusion of Ross in Hulk form.

For the films/tv they should be looking at Mantlo, PAD, Pak’s non-event stuff, and Ewing as inspiration. Storylines that actually added to the mythos beyond big dumb fight scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"