She-Hulk Marvel Studios' She-Hulk General Discussion Thread

I liked it and thought it was pretty good.
I actually enjoyed this pilot more than the Ms Marvel one .

I really liked the first episode and I'm surprised how expensive it looks. I doubt it's gonna mantain this level during the entire season but it def feels like they really took good care with this one.
The CGi was awesome, not gonna lie.

This set up an interesting premise that people see Hulk as a monster but She Hulk as a hot property. I can see Jen will want to stay more and more as She Hulk since this will be a popular version of her but will get into an identity crisis eventually: she is popular when she is exactly not her natural self. And who will hit her in the head of that delusional identity crisis? Daredevil.

This set up an interesting premise that people see Hulk as a monster but She Hulk as a hot property.
People warmed up to Hulk in the MCU once he became Smart Hulk, like how the kids in the diner wanted to take a picture with him in Endgame. I'm sure he's treated with even higher regard now after snapping everyone back into existence.

My main problem with the pilot is how the Attorney at Law becoming the She-Hulk seemed like a non event. She didn't really struggle and it just happened so quickly.

Like I'd like to see what is the real conflict in this series. From the pilot, there doesn't seem to be any big stakes here. It was entertaining but it lacked something.

People are complaining that She Hulk is the first real comedy in the MCU when WandaVision was. To defend that, all of the sitcom stuff in WandaVision is a figment of Wanda's imagination, of how she wants her world to be like, not what it actually was. When she stopped doing that, the show became a bit more serious.

Lots of self-aware, fourth wall breaking stuff.
This is the MCU doing Deadpool stuff before Deadpool arrives.

I enjoyed it, I didn't love it but I'm certainly in. Tatiana Maslany was awesome as always and carried Jen over some rougher moments.

It was nice to see Bruce/Smart Hulk's storyline that go completely left out of Endgame and to see him still wistful and grieving over Tony, Natasha and Steve.

I feel like maybe they could have done a first episode showing Attorney At Law and then the Hulk origin second -released together - because we didn't see what she was upset about giving up beyond a stilted practice closing argument.

The probably wanted Bruce/Hulk front and centre first ep though and if this was already ep 8 reworked into a pilot then rejigging it more may not have been possible.

My main problem with the pilot is how the Attorney at Law becoming the She-Hulk seemed like a non event. She didn't really struggle and it just happened so quickly.

Like I'd like to see what is the real conflict in this series. From the pilot, there doesn't seem to be any big stakes here. It was entertaining but it lacked something.

To the show's defense, I think that's what they want to do. They want non-eventful, lighthearted stuff in the MCU where nothing is as serious as in the other shows/movies. Like it or not, that's what they're aiming at and that's what they're certainly doing.

To the show's defense, I think that's what they want to do. They want non-eventful, lighthearted stuff in the MCU where nothing is as serious as in the other shows/movies. Like it or not, that's what they're aiming at and that's what they're certainly doing.
It doesn't have to be "world ending / personal trauma" serious stuff, but something else to give the character/show more weight. I've seen plenty of sitcoms/comedy eXecuted light drama.

This one’s 9 episodes so there will be less of a rush to start facing higher stakes. This episode was just introducing She-Hulk but things will likely ramp up later.

I enjoyed it, I didn't love it but I'm certainly in. Tatiana Maslany was awesome as always and carried Jen over some rougher moments.

It was nice to see Bruce/Smart Hulk's storyline that go completely left out of Endgame and to see him still wistful and grieving over Tony, Natasha and Steve.

I feel like maybe they could have done a first episode showing Attorney At Law and then the Hulk origin second -released together - because we didn't see what she was upset about giving up beyond a stilted practice closing argument.

The probably wanted Bruce/Hulk front and centre first ep though and if this was already ep 8 reworked into a pilot then rejigging it more may not have been possible.
I’m glad Bruce has been so prominent from the beginning, and their relationship seems really fun.

It doesn't have to be "world ending / personal trauma" serious stuff, but something else to give the character/show more weight. I've seen plenty of sitcoms/comedy eXecuted light drama.
Well is just starting! Give it a little time.

Already rewatching this haha. Missed the Cheetos with chopsticks first time, I’ve got to try that. :D

I’m glad Bruce has been so prominent from the beginning, and their relationship seems really fun.

Oh yes. I think they had great chemistry as cousins in both incarnations. I'm not really complaining about putting a lot of Bruce/Hulk/Ruffalo in the pilot as it's understandable and really worked for me both with Jen and where Endgame lacked. However I think that at 30 minutes this could have been an even better two parter.

Really enjoyed the first episode. Was worried they would make She Hulk stronger but glad that wasn’t the case.

Just like in the comics though Jen is her own character and own Hulk and they nailed that already.

Man, I want to know how all these fragile manchildren laser focused on her book shelf in the first minutes of the show, in order to prompt their inevitable outrage.

So Steve Rogers ****ed Starlord's grandmother?

It's not canon that was his grandmother. Just the same actress.
James Gunn said "That's Peter Quill's grandma. I just made it up". But ofc, people don't usually read the second part of the sentence lol.

I remember all those articles proclaiming that people who worked on this called it a disaster and Yada Yada Yada. I know we got 8 more episodes to go, but this is exactly why I don't listen to that crap

I remember all those articles proclaiming that people who worked on this called it a disaster and Yada Yada Yada. I know we got 8 more episodes to go, but this is exactly why I don't listen to that crap

I mean, I'm sure it was a disaster for the VFX teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"