She-Hulk Marvel Studios' She-Hulk General Discussion Thread

I would be very happy for this to get another season. It is the type of show that benefits as it goes on, because they know what works and what doesn't, they start to find their footing.

I think, for the most part, it was a win. A lot of the episodes were pretty 'meh' but the ones that were good and worked, were really good and really worked.
It also helps that I find Jen/Tatiana super compelling.

Hopefully Season Two will see the return of Liv Tyler in the MCU, preferably as Red Harpy.

My idea for season two: have a documentary film crew film She Hulk and friends, so this way it makes things less awkward when the rest of the cast looks at the camera. Look at the Office, when we see the characters look at the camera when it's not an interview, it's not 4th wall but looking at the documentary crew.
I don't think it's awkward, it's just like the comics and fun! But that said I think your idea could work quite well too. Doubt they'd change it up too drastically for next season though as what they are doing is working very well IMO.

Hopefully Season Two will see the return of Liv Tyler in the MCU, preferably as Red Harpy.
That, I could get 100% behind! :up:

We've had Blonsky and Ross back legitimising TIH and there is no other Betty Ross in the MCU. I liked Liv and would be quite hyped if she were set to return, even better with an alter-ego to spice things up.

That, I could get 100% behind! :up:

We've had Blonsky and Ross back legitimising TIH and there is no other Betty Ross in the MCU. I liked Liv and would be quite hyped if she were set to return, even better with an alter-ego to spice things up.

Has Liv Tyler ever talked about her future in the MCU?
Has she expressed any interest in reprising the role of Betty?
For all we know Marvel asked her to come back but she declined.

Me after reading the detailed leaks of the ending...

depressed-young-man-sitting-alone-corner-room-sadness-depressed-drug-addicted-life-problems-concept_123766-65.jpg

I don't think it's awkward, it's just like the comics and fun! But that said I think your idea could work quite well too. Doubt they'd change it up too drastically for next season though as what they are doing is working very well IMO.

Even if it doesn't happen, I hope that Marvel Studios will do an in universe documentary as part of their "Special Presentations." An in universe documentary would be fun to see. There would be no complaints about CGI whatsoever.

Still holding out hope for an in-universe documentary that to us, is another work of fiction, but in the MCU, is real.

Has Liv Tyler ever talked about her future in the MCU?
Has she expressed any interest in reprising the role of Betty?
For all we know Marvel asked her to come back but she declined.
Not that I know of - just something I've been wanting. That's possible of course.

Even if it doesn't happen, I hope that Marvel Studios will do an in universe documentary as part of their "Special Presentations." An in universe documentary would be fun to see. There would be no complaints about CGI whatsoever.

Still holding out hope for an in-universe documentary that to us, is another work of fiction, but in the MCU, is real.
Something like that comic "Marvels" could be good.

Something like that comic "Marvels" could be good.

Could be, but one of my ideas would be to use the in-universe documentary format for a group like the Howling Commandoes. We know what happened to Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers up to End Game. But what happened to the others after World War II and in the case of Dum Dum Dugan, after the events of season one of Agent Carter? Did any of them fight in Korea? In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, they never gave us any updates as to what happened to them during the museum exhibit. We do know that a few of them had passed away by the events of the first Avengers, but what did they do before then? Morita had a grandson that was the principal in Spider-Man Homecoming, but that's been about it.

Never would have thought about 4th wall breaking could invoke such lengthy debate. It has been used almost as long as television itself as a popular medium, especially for sitcoms.

I guess that's just the downside of "It's all connected". It's not like Breaking Bad is in the same universe as, like, Saved by the Bell. But here we are expected to take a show like Daredevil seriously while at the same time knowing that he canonically gets it on with someone who is basically a live action Freakazoid character.

I've enjoyed the show for what it is and the cast has been great. I've actually found Jen's story quite emotional at times.

The intro for the finale was brilliant but everything else after was just....it didn't work for me. I must be broken as I just sat stone faced through the whole 4th wall breaking sequence. They could have written the episode the way they wanted without all that....I don't even know what you'd call it, a big FU to the people trolling regularly? If someone can explain please do. ;)

with the 4th wall breaking, I wouldn't mind if She Hulk replaces Spider-Man in the MCU

with the 4th wall breaking, I wouldn't mind if She Hulk replaces Spider-Man in the MCU

Maybe they'll just have her convince Kevin that the deal with Sony is more trouble than it's worth, and thus have him retcon the Spider-man films out of existence so they were never part of the MCU at all.

Still can't bring myself to watch the entirety of this. Just...oof. Ended up skipping through it to the KEVIN part out of morbid curiosity. I wonder if it will be possible to make a fan edit that cuts all the 4th wall stuff out and still has a coherent story...it would also require cutting out everything that was retconned from the "revised" ending...gonna have to review the previous episodes and see what can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"