She-Hulk Marvel Studios' She-Hulk General Discussion Thread

Hulk solo rumours?! Is that possible now? :wow:

They've shown that they can take the Devil of Hell's Kitchen from the most brutal Netflix show outside of The Punisher, and fit him in perfectly here in the lightest comedy show, so it looks like they have common sense when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm sure they can handle She-Hulk appropriately too when she steps out of the confines of her show, and she's going to be a big ticket character going forward IMO.

Yeah apparently Universal’s thing expires soon, and there’s been a persistent rumour from insiders that Marvel’s working on a project called “World War Hulk”.

Which makes Skaar’s inclusion and the line they had in the finale more interesting.

“we need to explain where Bruce was and introduce..”

“save if for the movie.”

Yeah apparently Universal’s thing expires soon, and there’s been a persistent rumour from insiders that Marvel’s working on a project called “World War Hulk”.

Which makes Skaar’s inclusion and the line they had in the finale more interesting.

“save if for the movie.”
If I remember correctly, we've gotten rumors of both a movie and a show. While I would enjoy a show, considering the scale of what we are talking about, I do feel a movie is necessary.

“save if for the movie.”
Nice!

I'd given up on the possibility of a Hulk solo but it looks like I misunderstood the rights - had no idea there was a time element to them.

World War Hulk talk I was well aware of, but was assuming if they did it they would have to do it in the name of a wider event film with other characters to get around the rights. I was quite astounded when we saw (baby) Skaar in this show.

Hulk solo rumours?! Is that possible now? :wow:

They've shown that they can take the Devil of Hell's Kitchen from the most brutal Netflix show outside of The Punisher, and fit him in perfectly here in the lightest comedy show, so it looks like they have common sense when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm sure they can handle She-Hulk appropriately too when she steps out of the confines of her show, and she's going to be a big ticket character going forward IMO.
Ant-Man was light hearted and yet when he was put into the group movies he was fine as his usual self. She-Hulk will be added with no trouble.

I don’t expect any 4th wall breaking when She Hulk appears in other project. Her hapless yet cheerful personality will remain without much hilarity (depending on the project she will appear in). It’s pretty clear from the get go and it’s been repeated throughout the show — this is her show and it is told her way. Not even KEVIN can dictate that at the end.

What do you mean, "take seriously"? This is entertainment. It's suppose to invoke feelings of course, but none of this is "serious business". Though I guess considering She-Hulk's commentary on sexism, misogyny, and the man-o-sphere, it's probably more serious business then anything in Marvel outside of Black Panther and TWS.

Obviously we just have radically different perspectives about how to engage with fiction. And that's fine. I'm glad you're having a good time with all this meta stuff.

But the core point I was getting at is that all those past examples weren't connected to other shows that were non-meta. Whether or not this difference matters to you doesn't changed the fact that it's a difference between those other shows and this one.

Obviously we just have radically different perspectives about how to engage with fiction. And that's fine. I'm glad you're having a good time with all this meta stuff.

But the core point I was getting at is that all those past examples weren't connected to other shows that were non-meta. Whether or not this difference matters to you doesn't changed the fact that it's a difference between those other shows and this one.
None of this addresses what I asked you. What do you mean by "serious"? Do you mean sincerity? Because She-Hulk is sincere. It cares about it's story and characters.

I don’t expect any 4th wall breaking when She Hulk appears in other project. Her hapless yet cheerful personality will remain without much hilarity (depending on the project she will appear in). It’s pretty clear from the get go and it’s been repeated throughout the show — this is her show and it is told her way. Not even KEVIN can dictate that at the end.
I actually do think we'll get it once or twice, especially if she shows up on Daredevil. Kind of of like how his stuff was sprinkled through his appearance on She-Hulk. Like a moment where she looks at the camera, knowingly.

I guess that's just the downside of "It's all connected". It's not like Breaking Bad is in the same universe as, like, Saved by the Bell. But here we are expected to take a show like Daredevil seriously while at the same time knowing that he canonically gets it on with someone who is basically a live action Freakazoid character.

Star Trek is kind of having this issue at the moment. For the most part, those that aren't just out right hateful of modern Trek, but still see it as serious, are kind of ignoring the animated shows. Which, from the higher ups, are canon. And they are about to have a crisis, because their ideal show is about to cross over with the animated comedy. Canon.

What we have is essentially what we've had in comics for decades. Various books, of different tones, and quite honestly, different rules, all coexisting in theory. Embracing that part will keep the MCU from growing stale.

I guess that's just the downside of "It's all connected". It's not like Breaking Bad is in the same universe as, like, Saved by the Bell. But here we are expected to take a show like Daredevil seriously while at the same time knowing that he canonically gets it on with someone who is basically a live action Freakazoid character.

I kept hearing the same argument in regards to Rocket Racoon when he was first introduced in the movies. "How can I take [insert MCU property here] seriously when a talking racoon is walking around in the same universe. It was a silly argument then and it's silly now.

Ngl, I feel a lot of people expected She-Hulk to be like the Incredible Hulk but with a woman and knew nothing of the character.

I kept hearing the same argument in regards to Rocket Racoon when he was first introduced in the movies. "How can I take [insert MCU property here] seriously when a talking racoon is walking around in the same universe. It was a silly argument then and it's silly now.

No, it's just different people having different lines they draw. Personally, I love the idea of a character like Rocket Raccoon existing in the same universe as someone like Daredevil, as long as the universe is internally treated as a real place. But I can understand why someone would rather not have that connection (more easily than I can understand the appeal of meta humor, honestly).

None of this addresses what I asked you. What do you mean by "serious"? Do you mean sincerity? Because She-Hulk is sincere. It cares about it's story and characters.

By "take seriously" I mean being fully invested in the world and its characters.

Obviously this 4th wall gag stuff has no impact on your ability to be invested in a fictional universe, and that's great. Different strokes and all.

Last edited:
You know, thinking about it a little more, I suppose there is sort of a non-meta way to interpret the ending, if you consider the fact that the MCU is presented as this sort of computer program within the universe K.E.V.I.N. exists in. It's sort of like the theories some people have about our universe being a simulation created by some advanced alien race. The MCU is such a simulation, created by K.E.V.I.N. And of course the in-universe reason why She-Hulk can break the 4th wall is because, as K.E.V.I.N. said, there was a glitch.

That was an absolutely incredible ending. I really need a season 2 now. I love she hulk, I just knew she was going to turn out great

While every piece of the MCU fits into the grander picture in one way or another, each story is its own story. So She-Hulk doing its 4th wall shtick isn't universe breaking to me at all. It's just something the people making the show used as a device to tell this particular character's story. Deadpool has a similar shtick. Now would I want to ser this in Daredevil Born Again where Matt is going around breaking the 4th wall? No cause that's not in line with that character. Every character, and by extension show or movie, is different in that regard.

We can now add Jennifer Walters to "What If" voiced by Tatiana Maslany, Daredevil voiced by Charlie Cox and Emil Blonsky voiced by Tim Roth.

We can now add Jennifer Walters to "What If" voiced by Tatiana Maslany, Daredevil voiced by Charlie Cox and Emil Blonsky voiced by Tim Roth.
imagine Zombie She Hulk, Zombie Daredevil, and Zombie Emil Blonsky for the What If series

While every piece of the MCU fits into the grander picture in one way or another, each story is its own story. So She-Hulk doing its 4th wall shtick isn't universe breaking to me at all. It's just something the people making the show used as a device to tell this particular character's story. Deadpool has a similar shtick. Now would I want to ser this in Daredevil Born Again where Matt is going around breaking the 4th wall? No cause that's not in line with that character. Every character, and by extension show or movie, is different in that regard.
Until Jen inevitably guest stars and Matt tells her it's his show.

Are Jen and DD an item now or are they just friends with benefits? Are they going to have a long distance relationship? And if she guest stars in his show, is he going to continue the relationship or is that going to interfere with other ones like Karen Page or Elektra?

“save if for the movie.”
Ah yes the movie being Captain America New World Order. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"