Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 Thread 2.0 - Part 1

First of all, not just any team... A SUPERHERO team. That's the distinction.

Also, obviously I blame the developers. I blame them right after I blame Activision. But the fans have to take on plenty of blame too because they are the reason Activision has learnt how to market these games.

Ever since X-Men Legends 2, the focus for these games has been the CHARACTERS. Community feedback between fans and the devs on what characters people want, what do people want to see most of all in the next game? Fans response? CHARACTERS. That's why whenever they make one of these games, they build it COMPLETELY around releasing and teasing out new characters... They don't even bother marketing gameplay or anything because they know that the fans who buy these games and make them money don't care.

Even in these forums now, I see more people debating which games were better over superficial trimmings like character roster, instead of overall quality and it just makes me shake my head.

As consumers AND as Marvel fans, we deserve INFINITELY better than what we've gotten in the past and frankly I think more people should be shaking their fists about it. Look at what we just got, cinematically, with the Avengers? Why is there no game to match that? No 'definitive' Marvel experience, other than a cheap, cardboard cut out beat em up?

Would it have made a difference though, if the fans demanded more RPG elements? Look at Mass Effect 3. Mass Effect 2 got stream lined and reduced the RPG elements and you had people complaining about it and asking the Dev Team to bring them back. Then Mass Effect 3 comes out and the RPG elements are even more reduced. Sometime the Dev listen, sometimes they don't.

But the fact is, they haven't NEEDED to improve the quality because it works on the fans. One cut and paste game with 30 playable characters and fans still buy the games... The same fans who pre-order a Spider-Man game to get a cosmic Spidey skin.

This is Activision's MO, this is the way they've approached all their comic licesnses and the fact is thus far, it's worked.

It's not about complaining, complain with your cheque book and stop buying these s****y products.

So, anyone in the mood to play MUA/MUA2 on Saturday? It's my one day of the week off, and I plan on just sitting at home, being lazy. So I have time all day. Have both games only for the PS3.

So, anyone in the mood to play MUA/MUA2 on Saturday? It's my one day of the week off, and I plan on just sitting at home, being lazy. So I have time all day. Have both games only for the PS3.

You can look for me on 2 as that's the only one I have on the system

Alright, so that's Havok and I on MUA2 for the PS3. Anyone else want to join? How are we gonna do this btw? From the start, highest difficulty, lvl1 characters? Because with my save right now, I obliterate any enemy in seconds. With exception of Wonder Man and Spider-Woman. Annoying bastards. :argh:

Why are you guys arguing about this? I've talked to some Activision & Marvel guys through Twitter & they've been indicating that Activision doesn't have the rights to big team-up games like MUA anymore. Capcom most likely has the rights now due to them making MvC3. Hopefully they do more with the license.

I think several developers can get the rights to Marvel games, but depending on the terms of the contract, you're only allowed to do certain things with the characters. For example, I assume, Capcom can only make fighting games and wouldn't be able to make another MUA. And right now there's an Avengers Motion game in the works, for 360 and the Wii U, developed by Ubisoft and not Capcom.

Alright, so that's Havok and I on MUA2 for the PS3. Anyone else want to join? How are we gonna do this btw? From the start, highest difficulty, lvl1 characters? Because with my save right now, I obliterate any enemy in seconds. With exception of Wonder Man and Spider-Woman. Annoying bastards. :argh:
even at highest difficulty you kill with one hit? Id rather not start back at level 1

Not in one hit. But it literally doesn't take more than a few seconds, to kill most bosses. As long as they are not the type that suddenly gets invulnerable and teleports around. But that's not with all characters though. I think the ones I'm able to pull this off with are Iron Man and Songbird. If I play with someone like Captain America, I actually have to work a bit.

Thor is easy as hell to wreck bosses with. He was so good in MUA2, sadly I think that's the only game he was good in. He's ass in MUA1 & MvC3. :(

Ok Havok, just tell me when you're up and ready.

I can get on now for a bit but then I gotta leave by 9 EST

Well Havok, it was fun for that entire one Mission the game worked without trouble. :up:

Well Havok, it was fun for that entire one Mission the game worked without trouble. :up:
yeah it was. Dont know what happened bc I was playing the game fine last week with no problem

Did you get anything new? Like did you replace the HDMI cable, did you buy a new TV? Some of my friends sometimes had similar problems. Like, my friend hooked up his PS3 to a beamer, could play Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood without a problem. Then eventually, the screen went purple. And the frequency increased until it was unplayable. Found out the beamer couldn't handle 1080 on some games. So we just turned it down to 720. Too bad that resolution fix doesn't work with MUA2.

Can't wait to get my MUA PC copy.

Hope those Marvel Mod guys are making more Movie skins. Thor would look sweet.

Looks like the Marvel Heroes MMO will be practically MUA3.

[YT]eDSrI1MtTcg[/YT]

Nice.
But I'm not excited to have Doom as the big boss again. It's like they can't think of anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"