• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Marvel Unlimited Readings

grkmnl

Civilian
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am quite new to comics and Marvel world. I'd like to purchase Marvel unlimited and get into the comics, but I was wondering if I should start with the very first issue, or if there is a "cut-off" point where I should start from?

Below is a list of stories I am interested in:

Spider-Man
X-Men
Thor
Captain America
Hulk
Iron Man
Fantastic Four
Shield stories
Deadpool
Infinity stories

Thanks for all the help!

My recommendation is to read Ultimate Spider-Man #1-100+. I love the whole series.

For the characters you named many have series going back to the 60s which is obviously a very old style of comics. Personally I find reading those boring so I'd recommend starting with later issues.

I don't know Marvel Unlimited but if they have it then for Deadpool start at his very first series written by Joe Kelly. It humanizes him and makes him where he actually tries to be a better person while still being a merc. It's a great run and it's full of hilarious things, like when he gets stuck back in time and has to act like Peter Parker back in the 60's comics, and it also shows how seriously messed up he is when dealing with Weasel and Blind Al.

As for the Infinity stories, do you just mean the event that just finished or do you mean stories about the Infinity gems like Gauntlet, War, Crusade, ect.?

As for the Infinity stories, do you just mean the event that just finished or do you mean stories about the Infinity gems like Gauntlet, War, Crusade, ect.?

Considering I don't even know the event that just finished, this might be dumb question, but is there an Infinity "event" that is untied to the past every year?

Or do I need to start from the very first Infinity event?

Infinity was an event about the Avengers fighting aliens in space while Thanos tried to hunt down his son on Earth. It was its own thing, with its only connection, per se, to the prior "infinity" events being Thanos' presence.

You might be thinking of The Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, and Infinity Crusade, which are older stories and formed a trilogy revolving around Thanos and Adam Warlock. I think there was also an Infinity Quest mini-series, but I don't know too much about that one. They can each be read individually, though. It's basically up to your preference. Most people will agree that The Infinity Gauntlet is the best of all the stories with "infinity" in the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"