Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD Season 7 episode 9 "As I Have Always Been"

Holy Slapper

Sidekick
Reaction score
Elizabeth Henstridge directed the episode. Reeeeeaaaally not a fan of timeloop episodes but...Enoch! :cry:
Damn, that end was deep.

I can't help but think that Fitz is dead (again) and Simmons is responsible, that's why she chose to forget.

RIP Enoch. Oddly I wasn't expecting him to make it to the final, but I equally wasn't expecting him to go out like that. Was a likeable character for sure. Gotta' feel Coulson's frustration at repeating everything to Daisy time after time too. :eek:

As with @Holy Slapper , not usually a fan of time loop episodes but this one worked.

With Malick and Kora as an Inhuman Havok doing the brotherhood of evil first class training at the end I am starting to think that LMD Coulson did complete the mission when he blew up the Hunter nursery like Ripely in Aliens.I am thinking that Sibyl as a last survivor is just going for revenge on S.H.I.E.L.D./humanity.

With all of LMD Coulson's living as a LMD ain't life, which is a feeling we didn't get from LMD May when it didn't know that she was a LMD I will double down on my prediction that before the end of the show biological Coulson will be pulled out of their present timeline as the LMD sacrifices itself

With Malick and Kora as an Inhuman Havok doing the brotherhood of evil first class training at the end I am starting to think that LMD Coulson did complete the mission when he blew up the Hunter nursery like Ripely in Aliens.I am thinking that Sibyl as a last survivor is just going for revenge on S.H.I.E.L.D./humanity.

With all of LMD Coulson's living as a LMD ain't life, which is a feeling we didn't get from LMD May when it didn't know that she was a LMD I will double down on my prediction that before the end of the show biological Coulson will be pulled out of their present timeline as the LMD sacrifices itself

I think you're forgetting Tahiti. And other things. And what is "present timeline"?

I am saying that the series ends with a live Coulson liķe the Infinity Saga has a living Gamora

Elizabeth Henstridge did well on her directing debut and didn't make the time loop overly repetitive.

I agree that Fitz might be dead, otherwise why was she crying like that suddenly?

I am saying that the series ends with a live Coulson liķe the Infinity Saga has a living Gamora
It would be nice for the show to wrap with the real Coulson alive, but then wouldn't the LMD Coulson still exist (as a consciousness) somewhere? Would a Loki stab really kill him off?

Unless there's some way to merge LMD Coulson's consciousness with real Coulson, bringing him up to speed so to speak, but then as far as the wider MCU is concerned, he died, so having him back (in any universe/multiverse) ... what purpose would that serve considering he can't (or shouldn't) show up in any future films or series? The AoS timeline is a very different one from the prime timeline. It has been for a while now...

I agree that Fitz might be dead, otherwise why was she crying like that suddenly?
This is what I'm thinking; she must have done something drastic for that emotional result, and it seems very odd to have this season go on for as many episodes as it has without one of the core characters present. Him appearing now would almost seem irrelivant, and thus I can only assume that he's been (or will be) killed off.

That said, we're dealing with time travel, Mack shouldn't exist (at least as he does; different upbringing and all), Deek hasn't been born yet, and due to other timeline interferences, characters that should've died didn't, and other characters have led different lives, so who's to say Fitz couldn't be saved from a previous point in time before his death.

Ultimately, all things considered, unless they lose the time drive and Gemma can't remember how to make another one, there's no reason any of the current cast should die. Heck, you can even bring back dead characters or change fates if you wanted.

This is what I'm thinking; she must have done something drastic for that emotional result, and it seems very odd to have this season go on for as many episodes as it has without one of the core characters present. Him appearing now would almost seem irrelivant, and thus I can only assume that he's been (or will be) killed off.

That said, we're dealing with time travel, Mack shouldn't exist (at least as he does; different upbringing and all), Deek hasn't been born yet, and due to other timeline interferences, characters that should've died didn't, and other characters have led different lives, so who's to say Fitz couldn't be saved from a previous point in time before his death.

Ultimately, all things considered, unless they lose the time drive and Gemma can't remember how to make another one, there's no reason any of the current cast should die. Heck, you can even bring back dead characters or change fates if you wanted.

Unless in that moment, she also realised that Iris had previously announced "We are Fitz." ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"