The Punisher MCU easter eggs and connections

ImSGirl95

Doreen Green
Reaction score
Post all the easter eggs and connection to the wider MCU here.

- Frank uses the name Castiglione as an alias. Castiglione is actually his real given birth name from the comics. He was the son of Sicilian immigrants named Castiglione.

The gang that got robbed in EP1 are Gnucci's

EP 4
YYjzws5.jpg

DC10755lg.jpg

This one is rather obvious, but given how different Micro looks on the show in comparison to his comics counterpart, I thought it was a nice touch to give him sunglasses with green tinted reflective lenses on his first appearance - a direct reference to how the character looks in the comics.

I loved the easter eggs that referenced the comics but for some reason I really enjoyed seeing the photos of Karen sitting next to Frank during the trial from DD Season 2 and I also heard Kingpin being mentioned in one of the episodes.

In the first episode, Micro says "Welcome back, Frank." A nod to the famous Marvel Knights storyline.

If that is the Avengers Tower that would extremely ironic that the series to finally show it isThe Punisher of all the shows.

Huh ... yeah, I would be surprised if that is indeed the Tower.

I don't think that's Avenger's tower, if it is it's in the wrong place. The large tower to the right of it is the Freedom Tower, located in the southern tip of Manhattan. Avengers Tower/Metlife building is in Midtown. A good way to spot it is that it's next to the Chrysler building and near the empire state building. Just googling "new york city skyline" it might be a building that's currently under construction.

Hard to tell it's Avengers tower just from looking at that photo.

I don't know why everyone's celebrating in that reddit thread... there is almost nothing if anything at all to see haha.

Lol. What's the point of showing the Avengers tower, when most people can't even clearly see it in a screengrab. So for that, I don't think it's the Avengers tower.

That's not Avengers Tower. Avengers Tower is in Midtown, in place of the MetLife Building. That is just a random skyscraper in the Financial District.

I'm struggling to think of many MCU connections. I can't even recall any references to 'the incident' that the Netflix shows seem so fond of.

I'm struggling to think of many MCU connections. I can't even recall any references to 'the incident' that the Netflix shows seem so fond of.
There was the biker gangs, Dogs of Hell from Agents of Shield ( and then Daredvil season 2.)

And also, everytime in Page's office, you can see the article "Battle of NY".

Was it stated anywhere that Micro had been Micro for a while or just for the last year? In AoS (season one?) Skye says that she knows a hacker called Micro.

I don't think she ever said Micro on AOS.

Also, in The Punisher S1, he'd been living off the grid and faked his death for about a year. Before that he was an analyst for the government.

They're definitely referencing the same character. It doesn't contradict anything, Micro is a gifted hacker so it's no surprise he might frequent those circles whether before his NSA job or after he went into hiding, or even as a part of his NSA job. And leaking that footage to the media would have definitely been a crime, passing it off to proper law enforcement is ethical and legal. Unfortunately corruption, etc, etc...

It is worth noting that the reference was made before DD season 1 ever premiered so well before anyone had the notion of a Punisher series.

[YT]https://youtu.be/X2qQOOMy3ss[/YT]

at 7:00 he talks about the news broadcast that is the same one from age of ultron...I always like to hear that there's at least some type of connection between the Netflix shows and the movies. I just wish we'd get more of those.

[YT]X2qQOOMy3ss[/YT]

at 7:00 he talks about the news broadcast that is the same one from age of ultron...I always like to hear that there's at least some type of connection between the Netflix shows and the movies. I just wish we'd get more of those.

I believe that channel has been shown in all of the netflix shows, AoS, and a few of the films. I don't think it was in AoU, but there were viral video promoting that and Ant-man. It's the MCU's go to 24 hour news channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"