Luke Cage MCU references/easter eggs (Spoilers)

In the first episode someone at the barber shop says the new basketball player for the Knicks is Russian and he gets corrected as being Latverian. I'm surprised that made it through. I thought Marvel didn't have the rights, or is that just the movies?

In the first episode someone at the barber shop says the new basketball player for the Knicks is Russian and he gets corrected as being Latverian. I'm surprised that made it through. I thought Marvel didn't have the rights, or is that just the movies?

It was Latvian...they were talking about Kristaps Porzingis

Hate hearing the word lawyer on these shows with no payoff.

Yeah, it's a really empty tease. Like there are multiple times where Luke Cage really could've used a lawyer's help. Hell at least Foggy would've been able to do something.

Look marvel is taking pains to make sure the big four barely meet before defenders

Except Jones and Cage have already met and known each other in the Biblical sense. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Latvia is a real legit country yo.

Was the 'millionaire imprisoned/hiding down in the prison' a reference (can't remember the exactly line) to a MCU character?

Look marvel is taking pains to make sure the big four barely meet before defenders

Yeah. Besides Cage and Jones knowing each other, there's a reason why neither of them have encountered Matt yet. I doubt Iron Fist will run into any one of them before The Defenders. He might meet Claire, since she seems to be the connective tissue in the Netflix series. After The Defenders, however, I'd expect a lot more cameos from each other throughout the shows. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if instead of separate second seasons for Luke Cage and Iron Fist, they consolidated the two into a team-up season to make room for more shows on the slate.

Latvia is a real legit country yo.

For a second I thought they had meant Latveria and I got very happy thinking the rumors of Marvel and F4 were true but then remembered Latvia and got very sad.

Well, they say "Tony Stark" directly, and then use descriptors for the others. "Old dude with the shield," etc.

They also directly reference Captain America. On the other hand "silver hammer" seemed the common go-to phrase over Thor.

It was Latvian...they were talking about Kristaps Porzingis

Porzingas actually narrows things down timeline-wise. The show seems to take place in a very vaguely defined time after the first Avengers. It also seems to take place before the Savokia Accords because of Silver Bullet's dog that didn't bark (if the Accords were in place, they certainly would have been mentioned). I also got the impression this took place in the Fall over a fairly short period of time. So that would place this season in the Fall of 2015, assuming Civil War takes place around release time - so Summer of 2016. Does that sound right to anyone?

You think people in Harlem would've remembered Hulk vs. Abomination.

Yeah, I'm assuming this took place in late summer to fall of 2015.

Having just rewatched Avengers recently, where Banner mentions that the last time he was in New York, he 'kinda broke... Harlem,' I was kind of expecting some mention of one of the buildings being rebuilt or refurbished or something here.

Having just rewatched Avengers recently, where Banner mentions that the last time he was in New York, he 'kinda broke... Harlem,' I was kind of expecting some mention of one of the buildings being rebuilt or refurbished or something here.

Well it was 8 years prior, most of the damage was just cars on the road and a few sides of some buildings. Nothing that would take 10+ years to fix. still I was hoping to see a spray paint image of Hulk standing triumphantly over Abomination on the side of the wall or something.

Might be a licensing thing. They mention a "green monster", it maybe the deal with Paramount makes it not worth the hassle to do anything more with the character outside of the films.

Not an easter egg as such, but I thought the detail about Cage being ex-military and being in Force Recon has to hint at a past history with the Punisher. I don't know why it was included otherwise.

Yeah. Besides Cage and Jones knowing each other, there's a reason why neither of them have encountered Matt yet. I doubt Iron Fist will run into any one of them before The Defenders. He might meet Claire, since she seems to be the connective tissue in the Netflix series. After The Defenders, however, I'd expect a lot more cameos from each other throughout the shows. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if instead of separate second seasons for Luke Cage and Iron Fist, they consolidated the two into a team-up season to make room for more shows on the slate.

A Heroes For Hire series would be the ideal way to go, imo.

heroes_for_hire_by_ittamar12-d4ygvms.jpg

http://mikemahle.deviantart.com/art/Heroes-for-Hire-299759140

Cage said he was from Chicago which is where he was based in the nineties Cage comic series.
Comanche is namedropped in the first episode. I guess we see more of him in episode 4 but they never continue to reference him by name.

Wish we would've gotten more of Shades and Comanche as a duo together on the show. Wonder what happened to him after Seagate?
Perhaps we will see more Comanche next season. They should of had Comanche wear his trademark head band in the seagate prison episode so that he was more identifiable. It could been a simple bandanna
Not an easter egg as such, but I thought the detail about Cage being ex-military and being in Force Recon has to hint at a past history with the Punisher. I don't know why it was included otherwise.
I think he recon added backstory was just to show where he got his skills to hunt people down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"