MCU: Phase II - Part 2

I'm thinking the Phase 1 movies we could get are:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Maybe Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America
Possibly leading to an Avengers movie.
Seems a bit ambitious. An Avengers movie will never work.

I'm still waiting on them to announce the Phase Zero movies.

I'm still waiting on them to announce the Phase Zero movies.

Well they were planning on having seven movies that phase. They started it off with a Hulk movie where he grew 20 feet tall and blew their load all at once then gave up on the zero phase.

Anybody know who the villain of Avengers 2 will be? Will they go with Thanos already or is there going to be another villain? Masters of Evil maybe?

i hope (and think) they're saving Thanos for 3, we do know Avengers 2 is suppose to be "more personal" and that the Maximoff twins are heavily tied in. I think they're staying with all earthly stuff... and that some form of the Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts or Ultron are more likely.

i suppose the knights of wundagore and the High Evolutionary are also possibilities (since they do have ties into the Twins

I just can't see them teasing him at the end of the first film and then skipping him for the sequel...

I just can't see them teasing him at the end of the first film and then skipping him for the sequel...

ah, but if we see him in Guardians it would turn that teaser into a teaser for GotG and not Avengers 2

Touche. I'm still operating under the assumption that Benicio will be playing Thanos, so I would approve, if that were the case.

I think it's safe to assume Ultron won't be in it, while Thanos must have a role in Avengers 2 i hope he's not the villain and is just giving another villain help like he did with Loki, he should be saved for the great conclusion in Avengers 3. Then Phase 4 can go through a diferente arc, with possibly Ultron as the main threat.

actually... come to think of it.. The High Evolutionary is sorta like a missing link to all the questions

1) he has deep ties into the twins
2) he named adam warlock
3) adam refers to him at times as his father
4) adam warlock may indeed appear in GotG
5) his whole purpose is to "evolve life" (easy way to skip around the whole "the twins are mutants" angle, because quite frankly.. that's what a mutant is.)
6) this could easily tie into the "open brain slot" killian was talking about in IM3
7) he's a very "whedon-eque villain"

I think it's safe to assume Ultron won't be in it, while Thanos must have a role in Avengers 2 i hope he's not the villain and is just giving another villain help like he did with Loki, he should be saved for the great conclusion in Avengers 3. Then Phase 4 can go through a diferente arc, with possibly Ultron as the main threat.

ultron wont unless hank shows up in Avengers 2 before he appears in Ant-Man. I could see the workings of ultron beginning though

In all honesty, I think Tony Stark should be the one to create Ultron in the MCU. After all, Stark has been shown to possess advanced A.I. (Jarvis) as well as the means to manufacture robotics on a large scale.
So unless Wright's Hank Pym is a mechanical engineer/computer genius too, it would seem a little forced to have Pym be Ultron's creator.

As for Phase 2, I think Masters of Evil/ Thunderbolts / an "Anti-Avengers" could work. Winter Soldier/ Enchantress or other Thor villain/ Scarlet Witch/ Quicksilver/ The Leader/ Baron Zemo and maybe Justin Hammer would be a solid roster. At some point Wanda & Pietro jump sides and become Avengers.

I'm also hoping that the twins are revealed to be Inhumans and one of the mystery Marvel movies just announced is an Inhumans film. That way Marvel has their own "team" of superpowered beings outside of the Avengers/ GotG since they don't have the X-Men. After all, there's not that much difference between the Inhumans and mutants.

In all honesty, I think Tony Stark should be the one to create Ultron in the MCU. After all, Stark has been shown to possess advanced A.I. (Jarvis) as well as the means to manufacture robotics on a large scale.
So unless Wright's Hank Pym is a mechanical engineer/computer genius too, it would seem a little forced to have Pym be Ultron's creator.

As for Phase 2, I think Masters of Evil/ Thunderbolts / an "Anti-Avengers" could work. Winter Soldier/ Enchantress or other Thor villain/ Scarlet Witch/ Quicksilver/ The Leader/ Baron Zemo and maybe Justin Hammer would be a solid roster. At some point Wanda & Pietro jump sides and become Avengers.

I'm also hoping that the twins are revealed to be Inhumans and one of the mystery Marvel movies just announced is an Inhumans film. That way Marvel has their own "team" of superpowered beings outside of the Avengers/ GotG since they don't have the X-Men. After all, there's not that much difference between the Inhumans and mutants.

i agree, but disagree, there's absolutely no point of bringing in Hank Pym and not attaching him to Ultron. That's essentially the largest and most known story he has.. and is as much tied into his character as anything else he's ever done.

I do think Tony's tech, and AI will indeed be a part of it. But I think Hank and Tony will build it, making it the "avengers problem" rather than just Hanks.

Same here. Its only the people here who are suggesting that Marvel Studios will save Thanos in Avengers 3.

Like seriously if he was teased in the 1st Avengers movie, he'll probably appear in the next one as the new big villain.

Same here. Its only the people here who are suggesting that Marvel Studios will save Thanos in Avengers 3.

Like seriously if he was teased in the 1st Avengers movie, he'll probably appear in the next one as the new big villain.

It doesn't sound like thanos will be in 2. There's no loki (which should be cameoed with thanos imo) Joss said the story is smaller and more personal (again doesn't sound like thanos) and the twins will be a big part of the movie (the twins have no thanos connection)

Thor appeared at the end credits of IM2 and did not show up in IM3.

I think we will get a Thanos story in GOTG that sets him up for Avenger 3.

It doesn't sound like thanos will be in 2. There's no loki (which should be cameoed with thanos imo) Joss said the story is smaller and more personal (again doesn't sound like thanos) and the twins will be a big part of the movie (the twins have no thanos connection)

Thor didn't appear in IM2's end credits, it was just his hammer and they did that because Thor was the next Marvel Studios film to be released after Iron Man 2.

so I guess you have never heard of Anton Chechov? guns? shadows on the wall? no? Personally I'm not a big fan of trilogies, but if we look at TA as having a three act structure, then it is absolutely logical to wait for the final act.

Loki was rouse. Thanos is after the IG. Now he's able to go after it in Asgard. His attack on Earth will stem from his obsession with death, which The Other clearly spelled out in the mid-credit scene of the Avengers.

The Avengers trilogy is a bit different than the norm for these CBM movies in terms of time span and that fact that there are other interconnected movies taking place inbetween. I mean you're talking about almost 7-8 years after the first Avengers to finally have this group battle Thanos. It's kind of absurd.

Last edited:
so I guess you have never heard of Anton Chechov? guns? shadows on the wall? no? Personally I'm not a big fan of trilogies, but if we look at TA as having a three act structure, then it is absolutely logical to wait for the final act.

There's no such thing as "final act" at this moment. And I think after phase 3, we would get another Avengers movie in phase 4.

In all honesty, I think Tony Stark should be the one to create Ultron in the MCU.

Ye371bs.gif

Yeah, lets just make Hank Pym even LESS relevant to the MCU than he would be already.

To be honest, Blue Moon's logic does make sense. Honestly, if they wanted too, they could have Tony Stark create Ultron and completely leave out Ant-Man in general.

Even though I'm not huge on the Ant-Man character himself (but like the brief scene that was shown), even I think that would be a dick move if Marvel ever tried to do that.

There's no such thing as "final act" at this moment. And I think after phase 3, we would get another Avengers movie in phase 4.
personally I think so too. the MU is too big to be limited to three movies per franchise. all I'm trying to say is in a three act structure it makes totally sense to wait with Thanos for. TA3

The Avengers trilogy is a bit different than the norm for these CBM movies in terms of time span and that fact that there are other interconnected movies taking place inbetween. I mean you're talking about almost 7-8 years after the first Avengers to finally have this group battle Thanos. It's kind of absurd.

Why is that absurd? I mean, Thanos will obviously be in Avengers 2, but to act like he'll be the main issue of the group falling apart and QS and SW going in on the team... that sounds a bit absurd.

I can't either. But I also can't see Thanos sending the Twins after the Avengers and the team falling apart while an nigh-omnipotent being is giving them every reason to band together.

So, the logical conclusion to me, is that Thanos will be in the film, but not be the primary antagonist of the film. Like a Sauron, Palpatine, Agent Smith, or any other great movie villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"