MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you guys can see that but watching the first half of AoS S1 didn't strike me that the showrunners knew this was going to happen.

urmmm, that was stated multiple times around the time s1 wrapped

Sounds more like Monday morning quarterbacking if those comments came about towards the end of S1. No showrunner will publicly admit they weren't part of the creative process for their own show.

I think we can add this 'journalist' to whatever ignore piles Eh Maybe is on

Indeed, it's kind of disappointing. But the real conversation is what will his nickname be? Should we abbreviate BC as BS? Bleeding Cool > Bleeding Stool? These are the important questions during times like these.

Sounds more like Monday morning quarterbacking if those comments came about towards the end of S1. No showrunner will publicly admit they weren't part of the creative process for their own show.
sorry, but, how do you think the showrunners were adressing that antime before and risk spoiling TWS? there is no way they could've talked about that before TWS was in cinemas

Indeed, it's kind of disappointing. But the real conversation is what will his nickname be? Should we abbreviate BC as BS? Bleeding Cool > Bleeding Stool? These are the important questions during times like these.
You're asking the right questions, SoC. I like you

Here's probably the best support I could find that the AoS showrunners knew about the events of TWS, and was published the week TWS came out:
http://tvline.com/2014/04/04/agents-of-shield-reaction-to-captain-america-winter-soldier-twist/

Perhaps they got to see the script for TWS early on, but if anything this to me shows that Marvel Studios marches to their own beat and could care less about what happens to the TV side. The expectation is that the TV side will support the film side and not the other way around, now THAT part is hardly debatable. Even if Marvel Studios isn't actively trying to subvert AoS (which does seem too dramatic after further thought), they certainly don't seem to care much about how their actions affect the show.

I still wanna see Cumberbatch in his Strange costume. Hopefully we'll see at NYCC.

they certainly don't seem to care much about how their actions affect the show.
movie take longer to prepare, organize and produce. simple as that. a TV episode, from writing the script to post production takes only a handful of months. a movie, from writing the script to post production takes way longer.

it's not like that the movie division doesn't care about the TV section, it's just like a lot of stuff has already been set in motion before the first season aired. (and season 2 for that matter) and it is easier to react to the movies in the shows than vice versa.

slowly there will come a day when the show will have visible impact on the movies. in fact Feige even stated last month that he hopes they will get there soon. but it takes time

I still wanna see Cumberbatch in his Strange costume. Hopefully we'll see at NYCC.
not before November, I guess. Cumberbatch is still playing Hamlet atm. I have tickets for next wednesday. doubt he has the time in the middle of a stage production just for a photo shhot for NYCC

not before November, I guess. Cumberbatch is still playing Hamlet atm. I have tickets for next wednesday. doubt he has the time in the middle of a stage production just for a photo shhot for NYCC

If you're going to see him on stage, make sure to shout out "By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth" during a quiet scene when he's reciting his lines.

If you're going to see him on stage, make sure to shout out "By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth" during a quiet scene when he's reciting his lines.
lol. no, I have not booked a flight to London, I bought tickets to a live screening at a local cinema.

lol. no, I have not booked a flight to London, I bought tickets to a live screening at a local cinema.

That's a shame. Well someone in the live audience during the play needs to say that. There must be a Dr Strange fan in there somewhere. Doesn't matter if it disrupts the performance, as long as that line gets said. It's better to say it during a very serious scene.

Hey, I'm doing the live screening at my movie theater as well, though here we're getting it next Thursday. You and I might have to have a discussion next weekend on what we thought of it :)

Hey, I'm doing the live screening at my movie theater as well, though here we're getting it next Thursday. You and I might have to have a discussion next weekend on what we thought of it :)
you're right, it's Thursday. My mistake.
Looking forward to the discussion

Maybe you guys can see that but watching the first half of AoS S1 didn't strike me that the showrunners knew this was going to happen.

They couldn't spoil TWS by announcing things early on. They kept assuring fans they had a plan, but that's all they would say.

Every interview says they got the information early on and regularly got scripts from TWS. More specifically, they got the info after the pilot was picked up but before the series went into production. So they had created their characters and that was about it.

Early on was a pacing issue. That they didn't know. It had to do with ABC, not Marvel films. Basically, they didn't know when they would come in and out of breaks but knew they couldn't reveal the identity of the Clairvoyant until after that point.

I really think it's a stretch to say they've been lying about having knowledge. Particularly since they need to know what the movies are doing so they don't contradict it anyway.

The entire Ward twist is linked to TWS. They knew about the whole Hydra thing.

I heard a rumor inhumans was being cancelled due to the connections with AoS.

I heard a rumor inhumans was being cancelled due to the connections with AoS.
Yeah.... The site that posted that rumor (and specifically the author of that article) is questionable (especially as of late/pretty much ever since the announcement of Feige answering directly to Disney). You can read more of what we've already talked about regarding it in the last couple pages of the previous part of this thread before the thread hit it's limit and closed.... http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=32257685#post32257685

I'd suspect it's equally likely they'd "cancel" Inhumans in favor of making a Fantastic Four film featuring the Inhumans...

(Inhumans may have been quietly cancelled, but not because the television side cleared the Inhumans well over a year ago)

There's nothing really too special about the Inhumans powers that they can't do on AoS. The costumes however and actors, that's one reason we may not want them on TV.

It would be nice to see an FF or XMen reboot instead of an Inhumans movie.

Eh, I'd rather see the Inhumans, tbh. I've seen enough X-Men and F4 to last me a while. I'd be fine if they went away for a bit. The Inhumans have a rather unique world I'm interesting in seeing on screen.

Eh, I'd rather see the Inhumans, tbh. I've seen enough X-Men and F4 to last me a while. I'd be fine if they went away for a bit. The Inhumans have a rather unique world I'm interesting in seeing on screen.

Yeah, I'd rather see Inhumans too.

Yeah Rich Johnston has officially jumped the shark and become the third member of the Fartcheese/Eh Maybe trinity. As if we didn't already realize that with the Perlmutter thing. Yeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"