Cast the Marvel Universe - Part 2

complain complain complain
This is why I don't bother with you, you're one of those posters that only picks parts of posts you feel like responding to while ignoring the parts that do contradict your opinion, and you get overly heated for no apparent reason, it's almost like you are Rebecca Herbst herself.

Anyway, haven't shared this in this thread. For the next round of X-Men First Class sequels, notice the bold as in more than the 2nd movie.
xmfcsp.jpg

This is why I don't bother with you, you're one of those posters that only picks parts of posts you feel like responding to while ignoring the parts that do contradict your opinion, and you get overly heated for no apparent reason, it's almost like you are Rebecca Herbst herself.

Funny, for a guy that claims he doesn't bother with me it'ds kind of odd that you attacked my avatar randomly when I was only discussing ultimate Wasp vs cannon.

I also answered anything you said that was worth answering. Quite honsetly I have no idea what you meant by the rest of it or why you even posted it but it certainly didn't contradict what I said.

I'm not heated at all but I get the feeling you are. You act like a spoiled child who doesn't like having his opinion challeged. You say anything to defend your original statement and then get frazzled when it turns out you stuck your foot in your mouth again.

Anyway, haven't shared this in this thread. For the next round of X-Men First Class sequels, notice the bold as in more than the 2nd movie.
xmfcsp.jpg

Funny stuff. You attacked my choice for an adult team for being in her 30's and yet you cast at least 4 people in their mid 30's on a team that's suposed to be very young.

xmfcsp.jpg

- I'm all for Aly Michalka as Dazzler.
- Have you ever heard of actress Gemma Chan? She's of Asian/British decent, stands at 5'9", and can play a tough chick. She's on a show called The Secret Diary of a Call Girl with Billie Piper (of Doctor Who fame). That's your call, I don't mind Dichen Lachman (she's also half Asian).
- I kind of dig Vincent Kartheiser as Toad. His character in Mad Men is a prick just like Toad.

The rest of your picks are great, although some - besides Liam Hemsworth - are a little old for the roles (most of the picks are teen roles). Also, consider casting the Maximoff twins.

How'd you make this collage and what font did you use. Looks really cool. :)

- I'm all for Aly Michalka as Dazzler.
I honestly can't see Fox not pursuing her for at least an audition.
- Have you ever heard of actress Gemma Chan? She's of Asian/British decent, stands at 5'9", and can play a tough chick. She's on a show called The Secret Diary of a Call Girl with Billie Piper (of Doctor Who fame). That's your call, I don't mind Dichen Lachman (she's also half Asian).
Never heard of her, she's very pretty. I picked Lachman because I would hope to see Psylocke to be a bit older than the rest of the team.
- I kind of dig Vincent Kartheiser as Toad. His character in Mad Men is a prick just like Toad.
He's also trained in some stunts from Angel so I can easily see him doing the more practical Toad movements.
The rest of your picks are great, although some - besides Liam Hemsworth - are a little old for the roles (most of the picks are teen roles). Also, consider casting the Maximoff twins.
Well, I know some of the actors do not match their characters ages of current comics, but I figured since First Class mixed and matched characters from different eras/story lines, they'll probably do so again if they needed to.
I have a couple of Quicksilver actors in mind, Scarlet Witch is a bit harder. Also, I don't think I'd want them in any FC sequel soon, probably why I haven't included them.
How'd you make this collage and what font did you use. Looks really cool. :)
Well, when Man of Steel was in pre-production and the only casting announced was Henry Cavill, I remember some insiders mentioned Faora. I made a banner of potential actresses for Faora based on what was rumored and who I felt would be good in the role.
I just copied that template and used it here.
The font is a slightly modified text called "SF Movie Poster"
I don't remember where I downloaded it, but it was most likely from either dafont.com, 1001fonts.com, or acidfonts.com

I think this is gonna be my more used template for castings now that everyone does the head next to head template. (Already have an Mary Jane Watson, Black Cat, and Wonder Woman banners made)

Honestly, I don't get the fuss about Dichen Lachman. I've said it before and I'll say it again: her face is so off balance and weird looking, and hell, i'll even go so far as to say she's ugly. Yes, I said it. She has a kickin' bod though but I just can't get over her butterface. Blech.

As for a few other picks of mine...

Elle Fanning as the Stepford Cuckoos
elle-fanning-cover-story-06-260x346.jpg

Darren Criss as Nate Grey
Darren-Criss-glee-19310887-360-475.jpg

Yusuke Iseya as Silver Samurai
000as995

Honestly, I don't get the fuss about Dichen Lachman. I've said it before and I'll say it again: her face is so off balance and weird looking, and hell, i'll even go so far as to say she's ugly. Yes, I said it. She has a kickin' bod though but I just can't get over her butterface. Blech.

elle-fanning-cover-story-06-260x346.jpg

Darren-Criss-glee-19310887-360-475.jpg

000as995

I'm with ya on being mystified by the buzz about Dichen. She's got more of a horse face than SJP...somebody needs to feed her some hay and sugarcubes.

I can see Elle Fanning as the Stepfords....good call.

How dare I judge an actor on their resume and performances, PREPOSTEROUS! :huh:

That's just it you don't judge on performance, you judge on genre. That ones on a soap, they must suck. That ones in film, they must be good.
You expected something more from a juvenile fanboy?

Funny stuff. You attacked my choice for an adult team for being in her 30's and yet you cast at least 4 people in their mid 30's on a team that's suposed to be very young.

Yeah, that is pretty self contradicting! It's pretty much an admission that he bashed your choice just because you didn't pick the person he wanted and then tried to make himself sound more mature by giving some fake reasoning.

Just read from CBM (via BadAss Digest) that Feige said when RDJ is done with Iron Man, they are going to go James Bond style and recast him, instead of starting from scratch.

So, who should be the new Tony Stark after, let's say, Avengers 3? I was going to say Joshua Duhamel, but he is already 39 and would be in the same boat as RDJ is now if they casted him after Avengers 3.

Fanning is too girly and innocent looking for the Cuckoo's I feel, but I guess if that's what you're going for.
I love Criss, but I can't see him as Nate Grey at all.
I can dig Yusuke Iseya based on his martial arts scenes on youtube.
You expected something more from a juvenile fanboy?
Except that I do judge based on resume and performances. Whether you two choose to believe it or not is your guys' problem.
There's a reason Herbst has been stuck in a soap and not been able to break out from it unlike other well known/A-list actors who had no problem transcending out of it.
Yeah, that is pretty self contradicting! It's pretty much an admission that he bashed your choice just because you didn't pick the person he wanted and then tried to make himself sound more mature by giving some fake reasoning.
Now you're just talking out of your ass. At the moment there is no one person I would like in the role, as I've commented on numerous actresses that would be good, the same way I've commented on actresses would be bad.
Just read from CBM (via BadAss Digest) that Feige said when RDJ is done with Iron Man, they are going to go James Bond style and recast him, instead of starting from scratch.

So, who should be the new Tony Stark after, let's say, Avengers 3? I was going to say Joshua Duhamel, but he is already 39 and would be in the same boat as RDJ is now if they casted him after Avengers 3.
While I don't mind that mindset of recasting, I don't see the need to recast him already. :csad:

Except that I do judge based on resume and performances. Whether you two choose to believe it or not is your guys' problem.

Then you're an incredibly poor judge of talent.

There's a reason Herbst has been stuck in a soap and not been able to break out from it unlike other well known/A-list actors who had no problem transcending out of it.

Talking out of your ass again. She's never been stuck. She made the choice to stay when she started having kids. She decided she liked working in a studio not far from her house and raising her own children instead of having nannies and day cares do it for her like so many other actresses have done. She made the decision to stop looking for other projects while she had a steady job there. A little over a year ago when I was suggesting her for the role she was expected to be released at the end of her contract because they planned to down size the cast and the show was expected to be cancelled soon. She would have been looking for other work and she would have had no trouble finding it just like she had no trouble working steady before she had her kids and she would have made a great Wasp. In addition to having a strong physical resemblance to the character they way she looked in the classic Avengers era and the current cartoon she has also played roles with a similar personality to what the Wasp's is and nailed it every time.

You make random comments like she's stuck there and there's a reason why but you don't give the reason. Could it be because your just making assumptions based on random silly and ignorant prejudices? I mean back when you initially claimed she was bad casting you hadn't even seen any of her work and now your claiming her best performance was on a nickelodeon kids show that was intentionally silly and hammy. She's been better in almost everything else she's done. You obviously have no idea what your talking about.

Hang on a tick everyone. This is starting to get really personal. Remember, this is just a fun casting thread. Everyone's allowed to post who they want for a role. They don't have to be casting agents just to come in here. No-one is any better at professionally casting people than anyone else in here.

So back on topic...

I wouldn't mind seeing Richard Coyle play Tony Stark. He might be slightly too old I suppose but he is charming and brilliant.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

You make that really hard to believe. First tmt says that you bashed her in the past before you even knew who she was of or what she had done. True or no? I know TMT personally and don't think he lied. There is probably a post out there some where that can be quoted if you deny it. Either way though you made several comments here that pretty much make it impossible to believe you.

You claim she's all wrong for the part but don't give any reason why.

You claim she's just a soap actress. What does that mean?

you claim she's 45. (wrong)

You claim that was a typo which means you meant to say 35 was too old. Then you proceed to cast a bunch of character who are supposed to be much younger than the Wasp with actors that are the same age or older.??????

You claim she's only done bits parts. Not only is that wrong but if you had actually seen her performances you would have known that. So you again appear to be judging someone with out having seen them.

You claim landing lots of parts in various media doesn't equal someone being talented. I think most of the casting directors, directors and producers in Hollywood would disagree with you. It doesn't say how talented she is but untalented actors don't work that much.

And you claimed that her best performance was on a kids show. That leaves little doubt that you haven't seen her in anything else.

Finally you claim your posts were picked apart and none of the things that contradicted his post were replied to, then you failed to comment on all the things he contradicted in your posts. Also I looked back and don't see what you said that wasn't answered.

You could have just said you didn't like her for the role or just ignored the casting choice but you choose to bash the choice instead. Naturally the person that suggested her called you out on that and you couldn't provide one sensible reason for it and your posting style doesn't lend any credibility to your words either.

I think stuck is the wrong word. Based on what TMT said I think the correct word would be happy. The reason other actors got other roles is because they went after them, something Herbst stopped doing when she started her family. Now I suppose that could be just something she said when she couldn't find other work but a quick google shows that she did plenty of other work right up until when she was pregnant with her first child. You'll probably claim that was just a cosmic coincidence but I don't think so.

Now you're just talking out of your ass. At the moment there is no one person I would like in the role, as I've commented on numerous actresses that would be good, the same way I've commented on actresses would be bad.:csad:
Well if you've commented on "good" actresses the same way you commented on the bad then I think it's safe to say those comments need further scrutiny as well.

i've been seeing a lot of teaser footage including colossus and gambit.....where can i find info on what this is from? x4? wolverine sequel? possible first class 2 spoilers? i need LEGIT info...all i can find is fandome.....

I think you've been watching some fan videos. The Wolverine and X-men First Class sequels haven't started filming yet and there is no X-4.

The biggest problem would be if they tried to cast someone who looked like RDJ. And if that person tried to just act like RDJ in the part. When whats his name, Bradly Cooper, auditioned for Green Lantern he thought he had to do the Bale Batman voice. I can imagine many actors auditioning for Tony Stark trying to be another RDJ in the part and really hamming it up too much.
I think, maybe, like the Bond films it should just be another actor with his own look and his own approach to the character. Of coarse they would give him dark hair and facial hair.
What do you guys think? Downey Jr. created such an interesting Tony Stark, should the actors try to keep that character going or do their own version of Stark?

The biggest problem would be if they tried to cast someone who looked like RDJ. And if that person tried to just act like RDJ in the part. When whats his name, Bradly Cooper, auditioned for Green Lantern he thought he had to do the Bale Batman voice. I can imagine many actors auditioning for Tony Stark trying to be another RDJ in the part and really hamming it up too much.
I think, maybe, like the Bond films it should just be another actor with his own look and his own approach to the character. Of coarse they would give him dark hair and facial hair.
What do you guys think? Downey Jr. created such an interesting Tony Stark, should the actors try to keep that character going or do their own version of Stark?

Depends on how much longer RDJ wants to play him. In the solo movies it could go either way but I want to see an Avengers 2 and hopefully 3. If he leaves before that I wouldn't want it ruining the whole franchise. I think another actor could replace him.

I'm an independant film maker and in my opinion is it is the directors job to prevent the next actor from doing an RDJ impression by hiring the right actor and directing him in the role. I also think Nolan should have directed Bale not to use that stupid voice!:woot:

Last edited:
It'll be a sad day for the Iron Man franchise when RDJ finally leaves, but the character is going to endure. When we get a new Tony, I *sure* as hell don't want to see another goddam reboot (those need to be outlawed....:cmad: ), but I *do* want to see the new actor feel free to give his own interpretation, as long as it's something that doesn't involve changing the backstory and everything that has gone before.

I think Marvel isn't going to reboot Iron Man, I think they're truly gonna do the James Bond route. I mean they really only recast the Hulk, they didn't reboot him.

I agree, that will be the biggest test for a new stark. It will be tough but their has to be balance between originality for the new stark and staying true to the character within the context of the MCU

Last edited:
While I don't mind that mindset of recasting, I don't see the need to recast him already. :csad:

They aren't recasting him already, but when the time comes, make no mistake, it sounds like it IS going to happen, so since this a "cast the marvel U" thread, It felt appropriate to bring up and start hearing peoples interesting choices for a new Stark. That's all.

He's a British actor who starred in "Going Postal" and "Coupling". He's a very good actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"