MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 5

So, my little brother asked me today which comic book movies I look forward to the most this year.

Spider-Man is my absolute number one favourite super hero. Yet, thinking about it, as of now I look forward to Thor: Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 more. Either it tells a lot about how great Marvel Studios is having elevated their lower tier super heroes, or it tells how concerned I am about the risk of Spider-Man: Homecoming turning out to be a disappointment.

Yeah I saw that. Meanwhile in that antelope's head.
Am I not Thanos?! Did I not butcher the woman who gave me birth, who force-fed me into this hell called life?!
Is not the wake of my passing crimson with the blood of my enemies and allies alike?!
Death is with me every second of the day! My every moment is spent in either dealing out death or worshipping it!
Even in death, I live only to do the black queen's bidding. Let the heavens run red with blood!
If it is her wish, planets shall crumble!
Stars will nova, and only black holes shall remain!
I will shatter galaxies to reach whatever goal my mistress sets!
So swears her greatest slave, the once and again all-powerfull...
THANOS!

I feel that Spider-Man: Homecoming is going to be
a great film. I'm sure that Marvel would do everything
in their power to make sure it is. Tom Holland, IMO, is perfect
as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, and the story looks like it'll be classic
Spidey.

At the end of the day, though, only time will tell.

So, my little brother asked me today which comic book movies I look forward to the most this year.

Spider-Man is my absolute number one favourite super hero. Yet, thinking about it, as of now I look forward to Thor: Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 more. Either it tells a lot about how great Marvel Studios is having elevated their lower tier super heroes, or it tells how concerned I am about the risk of Spider-Man: Homecoming turning out to be a disappointment.

I think SM:H will be one of the better MCU offerings. Its definitely a challenge to outdo the first two Sam Raimi films, but I don't think they can mess Spidey up.

Either it tells a lot about how great Marvel Studios is having elevated their lower tier super heroes, or it tells how concerned I am about the risk of Spider-Man: Homecoming turning out to be a disappointment.
The latter.
Too many cooks in that kitchen with too high expectations.

I feel fairly confident in Marvel understanding how important it is to knock Homecoming out of the park. Given that they've consistently been doing so, I don't expect them to disappoint with their most important character.

I also wanted to know, do any of you guys think that Amora The Enchantress would make a good villain for a future Thor or Avengers film?

I was really thinking that if they decided to use the character then Natalie Dormer would be a great choice for the role

I also wanted to know, do any of you guys think that Amora The Enchantress would make a good villain for a future Thor or Avengers film?

I was really thinking that if they decided to use the character then Natalie Dormer would be a great choice for the role

Yes she would be and yes Natalie Dormer would be a really good choice to play her. Alice Eve also came to mind for me as well.

Yes she would be and yes Natalie Dormer would be a really good choice to play her. Alice Eve also came to mind for me as well.

Alice Eve is my favorite to play the Invisible Woman if/when the MCU makes a F4 film.

She even looks like Natalie Dormer here:

250px-Thor-sonofasgard8.jpg

f2736bf49174d48b9b5df588bfd58629.jpg

Also, how would you go about portraying her in regards to balancing out her being a vain entitled brat with questionable ethics and a few admirable virtues with the manipulative seductress aspect of her persona?

Simple. She's an intelligent, seductive, manipulative person with amoral motives. But she's also prone to pettiness and that can sabotage her bigger plans at times.

And it wouldn't be that hard to write in a few sympathetic qualities to make her more nuanced. Maybe there are a few characters whom she genuinely cares for. Or her motivations, while not good, aren't flat-out evil either. Or there are lines that she won't cross, etc.

Simple. She's an intelligent, seductive, manipulative person with amoral motives. But she's also prone to pettiness and that can sabotage her bigger plans at times.

And it wouldn't be that hard to write in a few sympathetic qualities to make her more nuanced. Maybe there are a few characters whom she genuinely cares for. Or her motivations, while not good, aren't flat-out evil either. Or there are lines that she won't cross, etc.

Nice and since they already have Karl Urban as Skurge The Executioner cast in this, I can easily see The Masters of Evil being set up for a future film

I kind of feel like they might change things up in the film and make Skurge Hela's lackey instead.

I think Amora exist in the universe somewhere. They had her "Sister" on Agents of Shield. I think she would be great to have in the movies, maybe too late now.

Would have preferred her being in the 2nd movie, I did not like Malekeith.

Concept art for The Black Panther movie:

VQX9a0g2.jpg

IeSH9ens.jpg

LX1daP9f.jpg

yh0NNuCP.jpg

mPKTEMKO.jpg

GnVoRJn4.png

0fcXFER1.png

Thor Ragnarok Concept Art:

K1ASYUby.jpg

Nj65r8N4.jpg

C4osonsWIAAfmCB.jpg:orig