MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evans has enough range that I don't get too stuck on him as Cap
Hemsworth will for the rest of his life be called Thor, however

and yea, RDJ.. I could also see Boseman becoming firmly associated with TChalla, to the point where some will be shocked to hear his non-african accent.. but he needs at least his own full film first

Off topic but I hope they choose Evans to be the new Indiana Jones. He can play smart . I'm cringing at the idea of Chris Pratt in that role. He's just goofy. It's part of his talent but soo not Indy for me.

I think Evans does play Cap quite differently to Johnny Storm. Yet he played both roles well. Before he was cast as Cap, people thought he'd only be able to do humor and not play it straight or earnestly. So I think he could easily play different roles in the future, if he wanted. I thought he wants to get out of acting and more into directing though.

Still stand by the best Cap performance I've seen is the one from Snowpiercer.

Boseman played an arrogant effeminate intellect in Gods of Egypt, so no worries there on his range.

Well...it's been long enough.
Civil War was a letdown like a lot of cbm's this past year. An improvement on AoU as an Avengers movie, but clashed too much in capping off the Cap trilogy.
Pleasantly surprised by Dr Strange in that I expected to like/dislike the obvious,
but there were a couple things bucking the trend where it seemed like this assembly line of a franchise is self reflecting.
An interesting duality between the two as whatever one lacked the other made up for.

Genuinely and earnestly looking forward to Thor: Ragnarok.

He also played James Brown. I think that's a much better example of his range.

And Jackie Robinson. That scene where he suffers an onslaught of racial abuse and he goes off into the tunnel and destroys his bath, screaming out his anger and pain with tears was a powerful moment.
Then he's got the Thurgood Marshall movie coming out this year, alongside Message from the King and after he's filmed BP/IW1&2, he's signed on as tbe lead to film Reverend Jeffery Brown.

I still hope to see Monica Rambeau in the MCU.

I still hope to see Monica Rambeau in the MCU.

Maybe she'll get her surname from having married Sylvester Stallone's character from GOTG. His first name will be John.

As offensive as that sounds I appreciate that you know how the word is pronounced. I also just 'can't wait' for newbs to type the name phonetically in post titles "How powerfl is Monica Rambo?"

Evans has enough range that I don't get too stuck on him as Cap
Hemsworth will for the rest of his life be called Thor, however

and yea, RDJ.. I could also see Boseman becoming firmly associated with TChalla, to the point where some will be shocked to hear his non-african accent.. but he needs at least his own full film first

Whether they will get stuck on that overall isn't so much about their acting but rather their success outside the Avengers movies.

I've not yet seen Hemsworth's entire collection of movies outside, but from what I hear he does well in different roles and that it seems unlikely that his acting is what holds him back from other success. I'd say that from what they've all shown this far, RDJ is the most talented of them and that certainly doesn't stop people from always thinking about Iron Man when they see him. Of course it helps that he put much of himself into Stark, but it's really the success that made it so.

I haven't seen all of Hemsworth's movies but from what I've gleamed he knows how to pick roles that are suited for him, save for maybe that one where he was a hacker. I have a feeling that he has a long, healthy career ahead of him.

I think Chris Hemsworth has what it takes to be a lead actor for sure. He's far more talented than his brothers.

Yeah, Hemsworth may never be an A-list movie star, but he's never going to lack for work.

. . .also, I now get the mental image of, 30-40 years down the line, Marvel is still making Marvel movies, and Hemsworth gets cast again. . . this time as *Odin*.

I know nothing about her and there's no hint of a role there, but she seems like she'd make for a good Medusa.

I kind of want Jessica Chastain as Medusa myself. But that's probably not happening given that it's now a TV show and not a film.

There's probably more of a chance of getting Scarjo to do Agents of SHIELD.

Exciting that there are casting rumours for Inhumans now, though they better get a move on with production if they still want a September release.

After seeing her in Hidden Figures I kinda think Janelle Monae would make a good Monica.

I think Chris Hemsworth has what it takes to be a lead actor for sure. He's far more talented than his brothers.
He just needs to pick better scripts at times. He has the look that is for sure. In the Avenger movies he has more charisma than his Thor movies.

He just needs to pick better scripts at times. He has the look that is for sure. In the Avenger movies he has more charisma than his Thor movies.

I think it's cause he works better with other characters, hopefully because of Hulk we see more of his charisma in Thor 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"