MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

( Yes, its late, too bad )

Iron Man vs Loki:

Since the picture says "Bleeding Edge armor", than that it what I go with. And with that armor? Tony should win. Even if Loki is having a really good day and operates really on target? He's fighting someone who doesn't have a good reason to get in close at all, and has a ridiculously wide array of options that can render things like "I can't see him" mostly moot. Tony doesn't want to just stand there and let Loki blast or stab him, sure, but its not going to come to that unless Tony does something *really* stupid.

Iron Man vs Mandarin:

Iron Man wins by default, since there is no Mandarin. :p

Iron Man vs Wenwu:

As with a lot of Iron Man fights, the question really boils down to "which armor". I would say that Wenwu wins a fair fight against anything up to the Mk 3 armor. Tony is comparatively speaking fairly slow and with limited range attack options, and Wenwu has a very strong parry/block game. Anything past that gets much dicier, as I don't like Wenwu's odds versus mass missile swarms. He certainly isn't winning versus Bleeding Edge.

( Yes, its late, too bad )

Iron Man vs Loki:

Since the picture says "Bleeding Edge armor", than that it what I go with. And with that armor? Tony should win. Even if Loki is having a really good day and operates really on target? He's fighting someone who doesn't have a good reason to get in close at all, and has a ridiculously wide array of options that can render things like "I can't see him" mostly moot. Tony doesn't want to just stand there and let Loki blast or stab him, sure, but its not going to come to that unless Tony does something *really* stupid.

Iron Man vs Mandarin:

Iron Man wins by default, since there is no Mandarin. :p

Iron Man vs Wenwu:

As with a lot of Iron Man fights, the question really boils down to "which armor". I would say that Wenwu wins a fair fight against anything up to the Mk 3 armor. Tony is comparatively speaking fairly slow and with limited range attack options, and Wenwu has a very strong parry/block game. Anything past that gets much dicier, as I don't like Wenwu's odds versus mass missile swarms. He certainly isn't winning versus Bleeding Edge.
You let me down! I figured you would back me up with logic.......
DistortedFeistyGrebe-max-1mb.gif

You let me down! I figured you would back me up with logic.......
DistortedFeistyGrebe-max-1mb.gif

I have better than logic, I have canon statements from the source material themselves *and* logic. When the villain of the movie spends an entire scene explaining why they are not, and have never been, "the Mandarin", I will take them at their word. :p

IronMan wins. Next up:
The Winter Soldier

wintersoldier.gif

Vs BushMaster
bushmaster.gif

Who you got peeps?!

Bucky. He's carrying grenades and is probably a better fighter.

While he might not be able to penetrate Bushmaster's skin with guns or knives he can do enough concussive damage to KO him ( something that's happened to Luke Cage).

Bucky vs Bushmaster:

Bucky should take this, 9/10. Note that while Bushmaster is highly durable, he is not as bulletproof as Luke Cage. Against normal foes this doesn't matter hugely ( Bushmaster is dodgy and can heal quickly from the ping damage ), but against Bucky? Eating a clip or two of rifle ammo to the face and chest is not a good start for a fight where you need every drop of advantage to hope to survive. Which he would, because has has at best a marginal strength advantage, against a foe who is far more skilled and has a cybernetic arm which flips the advantage around.

Pretty boy Bucky

Bushmaster is indeed strong and durable, just not on the same level as a super soldier. And that grenade launcher would leave quite the mark.

Bucky vs Bushmaster:

Bucky should take this, 9/10. Note that while Bushmaster is highly durable, he is not as bulletproof as Luke Cage. Against normal foes this doesn't matter hugely ( Bushmaster is dodgy and can heal quickly from the ping damage ), but against Bucky? Eating a clip or two of rifle ammo to the face and chest is not a good start for a fight where you need every drop of advantage to hope to survive. Which he would, because has has at best a marginal strength advantage, against a foe who is far more skilled and has a cybernetic arm which flips the advantage around.

Agreed.

Bucky's grenades are the most significant advantage IMO, as they're shown to be high explosive rather than fragmentation.

Also, Bucky has been shown to drive a knife through metal ( e.g through the van's side panelling, while fighting Steve in TWS) so he may be able to score a stab wound or two.

If this were just hand to hand it would be a lot closer, but a fully armed Bucky has too many advantages to lose this one.

Agreed.

Bucky's grenades are the most significant advantage IMO, as they're shown to be high explosive rather than fragmentation.

Also, Bucky has been shown to drive a knife through metal ( e.g through the van's side panelling, while fighting Steve in TWS) so he may be able to score a stab wound or two.

If this were just hand to hand it would be a lot closer, but a fully armed Bucky has too many advantages to lose this one.
I think Bucky beats him hand to hand too, but it would be a nasty fight. Bushmaster may be bulletproof, but I don't think he's broken bone proof.

Bucky wins. Next up:

Loki(from What if)
efbe5b56ec5b3f4c47fcf373a0d3b32dadd637f1.gifv

vs Black Panther
black-panther-avengers.gif

Who you got peeps?

Loki. Because unlike the total **** wits who wrote the Loki show the guys who wrote this Loki remembered that he is super strong, quick, a skilled fighter and illusionist - and carries a weapon that can one shot anyone below Asgardian level durability ( I.e. Odin's spear Gungnir).

He should curbstomp Black Panther easily.

Have not and will not watch "What If", but Loki should always beat BP.

What If is a mixed bag.
I didn't mind the Captain Carter episode because they still treat Steve with respect.
The Tchalla Star Lord episode is dreadful, because he's pretty much space Jesus. Boseman deserved better but Marvel seem to want to hold him up as a Saint, so there you go.

Party Thor was forgettable as were several others because I honestly can barely remember what happened other than there were Zombies and Hank Pym goes nuts.

However there are a couple of really good episodes. The Dr Strange story is dark and enthralling, and the penultimate episode - in which Ultron gets all 6 Infinity stones and threatens the multiverse sets up a great finale.

Best of all, the writers never bring up any ideas from the terrible Loki show, like the stones not working in other universes. When we do see Loki, he's a badass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"