MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

Loki vs Black Panther:

Not seen What If yet, but it shouldn't matter. Loki wins. He has too large a physical advantage and too wide an array of powers. Vibranium claws + strength isn't going to do much if any more damage than vibranium shield + strength, which is to say, not much of anything. Vibranium undies are nice for durability, but they are *not* complete invulnerability; they will certainly improve T'Challa's survivability, but he still takes a certain percentage of the damage basically, and Loki has far more firepower than stuff we've seen actually effect BP.

The absorption burst is nice, but its not going to be enough to make any real difference, especially when most of Loki's nastier attacks seem to be more "slicey". Worst case scenario, he gets knocked down once, which doesn't win BP anything.

Loki wins. Next up:
The Invisible IronMan
b424997c5225f067dbad6e119b6170fa.gif

Vs Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive
1533e1972623a073461048555065.gif

Who you got peeps?

Loki wins. Next up:
The Invisible IronMan
b424997c5225f067dbad6e119b6170fa.gif

Vs Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive
1533e1972623a073461048555065.gif

Who you got peeps?

Iron Man. His blasts could flatten Cull Obsidian. He's got a huge mobility advantage plus an array of weapons, including high explosive missiles.

He lasted one on one with Thanos ( and 4 Infinity stones) longer than anyone else, so these yahoos aren't going to be a problem.

Sure if Glaive can backstab him he's screwed, but assuming they start on neutral ground within sight of each other, that's unlikely to happen.

Iron Man at least 9/10.

These two gave Thanos a rough time in that one episode of What If..? (I don't get why that happened), so, uuuuhhhhhhhhh.... that episode's ability gauge doesn't matter.

IRON MAN

These two gave Thanos a rough time in that one episode of What If..? (I don't get why that happened), so, uuuuhhhhhhhhh.... that episode's ability gauge doesn't matter.

IRON MAN

What If is a mixed bag, in the last episode
Black Widow does a bunch of stuff that no one less than a serum enhanced super soldier should be able to do ( Star Tchalla is similar) , and makes a bow shot that even Hawkeye couldn't make.

In the final scene she kicks Loki in the head, knocking him over, grabs his scepter and one shots him. I mean WTF ? was this written by Scarlet Johanson's publicist ? Then she saves Captain Carter from Batroc ? Eye-roll !

In the Avengers movies they were smart enough to show Widow's physical limitations. She's awesome against goons, but even then she uses guns and stingers - when we see her fight a stronger opponent, i.e. Proxima, one on one she gets overpowered pretty quickly. What this meant was that she had to fight smart and sneaky.
Sadly What If seems to be written by a mix of decent writers and morons who dont seem to have really bothered to watch the MCU films. How can you make a ****ing show whose purpose is to diverge from Canon, if you don't know what the ****ing Canon is ?

On the plus side Dr Strange, as Strange Supreme is really the MVP, and the fight scenes are epic
but otherwise the episode should have been called " What If...girls got it done."

Any Thor fans should avoid this, as Party Thor is an almost completely useless moron. Well at least Captain Marvel didn't save the day, although given how OP she is, that would have been more believable than Black Widow

@Docker2.0 don't watch the last couple of minutes of Ep 9, or you'll go mental.

Black Widow does a bunch of stuff that no one less than a serum enhanced super soldier should be able to do ( Star Tchalla is similar) , and makes a bow shot that even Hawkeye couldn't make.

In the final scene she kicks Loki in the head, knocking him over, grabs his scepter and one shots him. I mean WTF ? was this written by Scarlet Johanson's publicist ?

Given that its a cartoon show, its not surprising that it takes a few liberties with physics lol.

And besides, is Widow knocking Loki over with a running kick any more ridiculous than Thor's head getting moved by slaps from Jane and Rocket?

Any Thor fans should avoid this, as Party Thor is an almost completely useless moron.

Hardly. They literally showed him beating Captain Marvel in episode 7. And while he was getting tossed around by Infinite Ultron, this was a guy who was casually blowing up entire galaxies so I don't think that's insulting to the character.

OT: Iron Man curb-stomps these street-level clowns.

In the final scene she kicks Loki in the head, knocking him over, grabs his scepter and one shots him. I mean WTF ? was this written by Scarlet Johanson's publicist ? Then she saves Captain Carter from Batroc ? Eye-roll !

In the Avengers movies they were smart enough to show Widow's physical limitations. She's awesome against goons, but even then she uses guns and stingers - when we see her fight a stronger opponent, i.e. Proxima, one on one she gets overpowered pretty quickly. What this meant was that she had to fight smart and sneaky.
Sadly What If seems to be written by a mix of decent writers and morons who dont seem to have really bothered to watch the MCU films. How can you make a ****ing show whose purpose is to diverge from Canon, if you don't know what the ****ing Canon is ?

On the plus side Dr Strange, as Strange Supreme is really the MVP, and the fight scenes are epic
but otherwise the episode should have been called " What If...girls got it done."

Any Thor fans should avoid this, as Party Thor is an almost completely useless moron. Well at least Captain Marvel didn't save the day, although given how OP she is, that would have been more believable than Black Widow

@Docker2.0 don't watch the last couple of minutes of Ep 9, or you'll go mental.
I think that ship has already sailed.:funny:

Oh yeah. Iron Man easily

Iron Man vs Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive:

Given this is the bleeding edge armor, Tony should win this most of the time. He has major physical superiority over either foe, superior mobility, and almost limitless ranged attack options.

I say "most" because he actually does need to be cautious here. He cannot afford to get stabbed by Corvus Glaive, a spear that maimed Vision will maim him just as readily, if not moreso. And I'd say Tony can't simply rely on sensors to "of course" prevent such an attack; note that Corvus ninja-infiltrated the central laboratory in Wakanda without being spotted. Tony is going to want to stay at significant distance, focus on keeping his foes in constant view, and not allow them many opportunities to attack, preferably by area nuking the site immediately.

So, call it Iron Man 8-9/10. The losses come from either losing the fast draw or making some mistake of tactics that allows Corvus to break LoS for enough seconds to set up a backstab.

IronMan wins. Next up:

Madame Gao
tumblr_nmpn3yMOuH1tmmdd5o2_r1_540.gifv

vs Black Widow(no weapons, hand to hand)
natasha-romanoff-black-widow.gif

Who you got peeps?

BLACK WIDOW

Whatever Gao can do, Iron Fist scared her, and Black Widow can dodge with her speed and flexibility and hit her hard from behind.

BLACK WIDOW

Whatever Gao can do, Iron Fist scared her, and Black Widow can dodge with her speed and flexibility and hit her hard from behind.
Gao is supernatural so it's not like something Widow has faced. She is a ninja with super speed, strength and not to mention experience. She looks to be a 100 years old.

Madame Gao vs Black Widow:

Sigh. I would *really like* to give this one to Gao. I like Gao, she was the best of the secondary villains in the show, had great presence, and "I have explicit supernatural kung fu good enough to completely kick Daredevil's ass and stalemate Luke Cage" is pretty dang good. However. . . yeah, the whole "I am afraid of Danny Rand" thing really hurts. It hurts bad.

Black WIdow 6/10.

Black Widow wins. Next up:

Bleeding Edge Armor IronMan
24c6ac9d19cf11a91a58894906e5f138.gif

Vs Worthy Cap
captain-america-mjolnir.gif

Who you got peeps?

Worthy Cap. Using a Thanos metric

Not by much. But given that Thanos literally tore the bleeding edge suit apart with his bare hands, and while it made Thanos bleed, it didn't knock him on his ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"