IronMan wins suckas! Next up:

The Defenders
original.gif

Vs.

Drax
hzXKDY9.gif

Who you got peeps?

Defenders vs Drax:

Honestly, I doubt that any of the Defenders can even harm Drax. Like, at all. Consider the scene in Guardians 2 where he was basically dragged behind the Milano on a chain, at considerable speed, through like half a forest, and didn't have a scratch on him.

It might take a while, but eventually his opponents will get tired, and then its all over.

Yeah the only hope they have of beating him is a well placed powered up iron fist to his head. Unfortunately the Netflix Danny is terrible and as a result Drax wins. His durability is ridiculous.

It's funny you guys say that because Ronan threw Drax around like nothing but yet I don't think Ronan has beaten a guy in this thread yet.

IronMan wins suckas! Next up:

The Defenders
original.gif

Vs.

Drax
hzXKDY9.gif

Who you got peeps?

The Defenders 8/10.

Luke and Danny could probably slowly do him some damage.

I really don't know if Jessica Jones is strong enough to harm him, and Matt is just a distraction.

Even when there is an imbalance in strength/power numbers make up for a lot and this is at least 4 on one, so I'm going with Defenders on this.

Pretty sure Drax could crush each and every member of the Defenders. None of them stand a chance. They're human (some of them with a little extra). Drax is highly durable.

Put any of the Defenders through half of what Drax has gone through and they'd be dead already.

Drax would easily put down the Defenders. They might drag out the fight but it wouldn't change the end result.

Yeah, even Danny, doing his best "I will be useless after this punch" Iron Fist, I can't see more than knocking down and dazing Drax. Which does no good when no one else can actually do anything to him. And I don't really see that happening anyway, both because Danny is a putz who makes stupid mistakes, and because Drax is not even close to unskilled. I mean, Drax is super durable, but he's used to fighting opponents who *can* hurt him, and who he needs to dodge.

The only possible angle is Drax's typical daggers. *If* he were disarmed, there's maybe a chance that Luke or Jessica is strong enough that they could wield said daggers and actually manage to hurt Drax. But one, I am dubious it would achieve anything other than "Okay, you actually made Drax bleed, then he crushed you and won anyway", and two, in the time it would take for them to come up with some way to disarm him, he would probably have stabbed most of the Defenders first. They have better odds of surviving the fight if he doesn't have the daggers, at least then he might pull his punches.

Drax wins laughing hysterically. Next up:

Abomination
7125618-1932329950-sourc.gif

Vs Guardians of the Galaxy
giphy.gif

Who you got peeps?

GOTG

The five core members would be able to handle him but with Nebula and Yondu by their side, it's a sure fire victory. Pretty sure that Drax and Gamora can somewhat match his strength and with the overwhelming attacks from the rest of the members, they would be able to put him down.

I mean, Drax and/or Gamora could withhold Blonsky long enough for Peter to disable one of his arms with one of his electrical traps like he did with Thanos.

Guardians but only just. Yondu's arrow would probably hurt Abomination a little. I doubt Rocket Gamora and Quill's weapons would have any great effect. The real MVP is Mantis, because her sleep touch attack doesn't rely on strength or physical power, she temporarily KOs Abomination and the others finish him off. Groot is going to be little more than a distraction and if Ronan could manhandle Drax, the Abomination is going to absolutely smash him - Abomination went toe to toe with the Hulk and did quite respectably.

GOTG

The five core members would be able to handle him but with Nebula and Yondu by their side, it's a sure fire victory. Pretty sure that Drax and Gamora can somewhat match his strength and with the overwhelming attacks from the rest of the members, they would be able to put him down.

I mean, Drax and/or Gamora could withhold Blonsky long enough for Peter to disable one of his arms with one of his electrical traps like he did with Thanos.

I must disagree as to statements about Gamora's strength - she has one strength feat, and some decent fighting skill feats, but nothing to even remotely suggest she's in the same league as Abomination. Again, he went toe to toe with the Hulk. When Thanos faced GOTG he was also fighting Iron Man, Spider Man and Dr Strange. Had it been GOTG alone I have little doubt they would have been killed. In that battle Drax was little more than a distraction who clung to Thanos' ankle.

I think people are massively overrating Drax who doesn't have many impressive combat feats against anyone but henchmen, despite being super tough - Ronan kicked his ass easily.

Without Mantis the Guardians lose this one, but with her they win at least 7 out of 10 times.

I'd give it to Abombom. Way too strong. Mantis would probably get squashed like a little long legged bug.

EDIT: Unless Rocket had his little thingy that could blow up a moon.

Last edited:
Guardians but only just. Yondu's arrow would probably hurt Abomination a little. I doubt Rocket Gamora and Quill's weapons would have any great effect. The real MVP is Mantis, because her sleep touch attack doesn't rely on strength or physical power, she temporarily KOs Abomination and the others finish him off. Groot is going to be little more than a distraction and if Ronan could manhandle Drax, the Abomination is going to absolutely smash him - Abomination went toe to toe with the Hulk and did quite respectably.

I must disagree as to statements about Gamora's strength - she has one strength feat, and some decent fighting skill feats, but nothing to even remotely suggest she's in the same league as Abomination. Again, he went toe to toe with the Hulk. When Thanos faced GOTG he was also fighting Iron Man, Spider Man and Dr Strange. Had it been GOTG alone I have little doubt they would have been killed. In that battle Drax was little more than a distraction who clung to Thanos' ankle.

I think people are massively overrating Drax who doesn't have many impressive combat feats against anyone but henchmen, despite being super tough - Ronan kicked his ass easily.

Without Mantis the Guardians lose this one, but with her they win at least 7 out of 10 times.
The thing about Mantis putting Thanos to sleep is they have a guy by the name of Dr. Strange to help her get to her spot. Without him, I don't see how she gets close to him. As much as I hate to agree with Incali, I got Abomination and really thought it wouldn't even be close.

The thing about Mantis putting Thanos to sleep is they have a guy by the name of Dr. Strange to help her get to her spot. Without him, I don't see how she gets close to him. I got Abomination and really thought it wouldn't even be close.

Well, given the Guardians all have jetpacks for mobility and Drax, Quill, Rocket , Groot, Gamora, Yondu and Nebula could all attack at once to distract Blonksy, I see it as possible for Mantis to get close.
Thanos is another level or two up from Blonsky, so without Strange they never would have caught him. Here I see the Guardians with a more than even chance, but without Mantis no way.

Well, given the Guardians all have jetpacks for mobility and Drax, Quill, Rocket , Groot, Gamora, Yondu and Nebula could all attack at once to distract Blonksy, I see it as possible for Mantis to get close.
Thanos is another level or two up from Blonsky, so without Strange they never would have caught him. Here I see the Guardians with a more than even chance, but without Mantis no way.
Thanos really wasn't trying to kill anyone either. He was toying around with people. Blonsky doesn't play around at all. I can see him going for the kill at once.

Thanos really wasn't trying to kill anyone either. He was toying around with people. Blonsky doesn't play around at all. I can see him going for the kill at once.

Disagree. Thanos was definitely trying to kill them - which is why he blew up a moon and threw it at them. The only reason he didn't manage to kill anyone was that he was facing multiple opponents at once - 6 on 1, who attacked from all sides in hit and run tactics. It would have been tough for anyone, even the universe's greatest murderer, to land a killing blow in the middle of that.

He didn't kill Strange because he knew Strange was hiding the time stone - he was going to kill Tony, but didn't because Strange made a deal for the stone.

Blonsky lacks Thanos speed and appears to lose most of his fighting skills as Abomination - I mean, imagine if Cap had Hulk's strength and durability, he'd be almost unbeatable. While he is a killer, landing a killing blow against 6 mobile opponents is very hard.

Anyway, we'll see how people vote.

Disagree. Thanos was definitely trying to kill them - which is why he blew up a moon and threw it at them. The only reason he didn't manage to kill anyone was that he was facing multiple opponents at once - 6 on 1, who attacked from all sides in hit and run tactics. It would have been tough for anyone, even the universe's greatest murderer, to land a killing blow in the middle of that.

He didn't kill Strange because he knew Strange was hiding the time stone - he was going to kill Tony, but didn't because Strange made a deal for the stone.

Blonsky lacks Thanos speed and appears to lose most of his fighting skills as Abomination - I mean, imagine if Cap had Hulk's strength and durability, he'd be almost unbeatable. While he is a killer, landing a killing blow against 6 mobile opponents is very hard.

Anyway, we'll see how people vote.
Of course they will vote GotG! They wear clothes! Who would vote for a naked man beast that kills!?
200.gif

Guardians take this. Comparisons to Thanos are not really relevant, because bluntly, Blonsky isn't even in the same stadium as Thanos. He's an inferior Hulk.

So how do the Guardians win? Any number of ways, but most likely by having the team distract and disorient Blonsky, to give Rocket a chance to cleanly shoot him with some absurdly overpowered ordinance. I'm comfortable saying that at least Yondu, Drax, and Gamorra can also hurt him ( if not necessarily in a "one hit ends the fight" sense ), and Mantis can shut him down like a light if she so much as touches him.

The thing about Mantis putting Thanos to sleep is they have a guy by the name of Dr. Strange to help her get to her spot. Without him, I don't see how she gets close to him. As much as I hate to agree with Incali, I got Abomination and really thought it wouldn't even be close.

Of course he hates to agree with me. He's always been secretly jealous of my intellect, charm, and success; obsessed might be a better word. I'm sort of like the Obama to his Trump.

They might be not be in the same ballpark as Blonsky but they would be able to withhold him long enough for the Guardians to disable him. Peter and Rocket have various traps in their arsenal to disable his arms and that would leave him wide open for Mantis to come in. Yondu could probably help by blinding Blonsky with his arrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"