MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

Worthy Cap vs Kurse:

Gotta give it to Cap. Yes, Kurse kicked the crap out of Thor, but this is basically the better, more skilled version of Thor. He'll be more precise, more accurate, and make fewer mistakes. Or put another way, Kurse was big and powerful, but I don't think he was as powerful as Thanos, and Worthy Cap did decently against Thanos. He'll do better against Kurse.

Yeah I could see Cap doing what he did to Thanos aiming for the head, however Kurse is much slower than Thanos and I think Cap would hit the shield with mjolnir and take off his head.

Cap all day, everyday. Taking into account Kurse's speed and Cap's skill and quick thinking, Cap would definitely get the win over the big guy.

Well..... Kurse shrugged off Mjolnir easily. I think people are underrating him here. The guy was impaled by a Asgardian spear and didn't flinch.

I would put Worthy Cap ahead of almost anyone, but Kurse almost designed to kill Asgardians, and is almost totally resistant to Asgardian weapons. Yes, he fought a weaker Thor, but he absolutely dominated him, as much as Thanos dominated the Big Thorbowski. Mjolnir also had less effect on Kurse than it did on Thanos.

I think this would be very close. I fact I think Kurse is a pretty good match for Thanos - Kurse can also fry people with his touch.

I'll say Cap, but only just.

Thanos was caught by surprise, then he almost pinned Captain America down.

I'll give the edge on this one to one antagonistic neighborhood KURSE, cause strength difference matters in the eventual outcome.

Worthy Cap vs Kurse:

Gotta give it to Cap. Yes, Kurse kicked the crap out of Thor, but this is basically the better, more skilled version of Thor. He'll be more precise, more accurate, and make fewer mistakes.

I don't really see how Thor made "mistakes" against Kurse. He was simply completely outmatched by a vastly stronger and more durable opponent.

Well..... Kurse shrugged off Mjolnir easily. I think people are underrating him here.

Agreed. People underrate him simply because they don't like TDW and most likely don't even remember his feats.

Yes, he fought a weaker Thor,

Thor from Phase 1/2 still had plenty of impressive showings, from obliterating Jotunheim, to stomping the Destroyer and holding his own against Hulk without using his lightning

Mjolnir also had less effect on Kurse than it did on Thanos.

This is important. Kurse didn't even flinch when Mjolnir hit him, whereas Thanos was laid flat on his ass.

I think this would be very close. I fact I think Kurse is a pretty good match for Thanos

Only if Thanos was unarmed. With his sword Thanos would cleave Kurse in half. Kurse is more durable than Thanos though IMO.

I'll say Cap, but only just.

I honestly can't see how Cap wins here. I know people like to use the "Cap is more skilled than Thor" argument, but I don't think skill is all that important here. The fact is that Mjolnir has been shown to be ineffective against Kurse, which gives Cap no real path to victory. Perhaps repeated strikes to Kurse's head would eventually take him out, but remember that Kurse only needs to land one solid hit on Steve to send him flying and then its advantage Kurse. Also, Kurse's reaction times aren't sloppy - he reacted to Thor flying at him at high speed. In addition, if Kurse managed to disarm Cap, then Steve will lose his Thor-level durability and get reduced back to his regular level, at which point a single hit from Kurse will turn him into red paste.

Kurse wins.

Agreed. People underrate him simply because they don't like TDW and most likely don't even remember his feats.

Thor from Phase 1/2 still had plenty of impressive showings, from obliterating Jotunheim, to stomping the Destroyer and holding his own against Hulk without using his lightning

This is important. Kurse didn't even flinch when Mjolnir hit him, whereas Thanos was laid flat on his ass.

Only if Thanos was unarmed. With his sword Thanos would cleave Kurse in half. Kurse is more durable than Thanos though IMO.

I honestly can't see how Cap wins here. I know people like to use the "Cap is more skilled than Thor" argument, but I don't think skill is all that important here. The fact is that Mjolnir has been shown to be ineffective against Kurse, which gives Cap no real path to victory. Perhaps repeated strikes to Kurse's head would eventually take him out, but remember that Kurse only needs to land one solid hit on Steve to send him flying and then its advantage Kurse. Also, Kurse's reaction times aren't sloppy - he reacted to Thor flying at him at high speed. In addition, if Kurse managed to disarm Cap, then Steve will lose his Thor-level durability and get reduced back to his regular level, at which point a single hit from Kurse will turn him into red paste.

Kurse wins.

The one thing we don't know about is Kurse's resistance to lightning- because Thor didn't think to use it against him.
I see Cap winning by pulling off some ridiculous move - like using Mjolnir to drive his vibranium shield through Kurse's head - but straight up blows from Mjolnir arent going to do much.

Cap has a huge skill advantage. For all his strength Kurse is a brawler, whereas Cap was skillful enough to utilise Mjolnir ( better than Thor) against Thanos.

I give this to Cap 6/10, but Kurse wins 4/10 by overpowering him.

The one thing we don't know about is Kurse's resistance to lightning- because Thor didn't think to use it against him.

That's true, although Mjolnir was charged with lightning when it hit Kurse and it didn't do anything to him:

(1:07)

I see Cap winning by pulling off some ridiculous move - like using Mjolnir to drive his vibranium shield through Kurse's head

Perhaps, but he didn't try anything like that against Thanos. And my point about Kurse being faster than he looks still holds true: he only needs to get one hand on Cap to ragdoll him and end the fight.

Cap has a huge skill advantage.

I don't doubt that he is more skilled. I just don't think it's a significant factor in this fight is all.

For all his strength Kurse is a brawler,

He did show some skill in his fight with Thor. For example, he managed to dodge Thor's punch at 0:37:

Don't forget that Algrim was a trained Dark Elf warrior before his transformation. He's not just some mindless thug.

whereas Cap was skillful enough to utilise Mjolnir ( better than Thor) against Thanos.

Well, Thor never actually used Mjolnir in CQC with Thanos. He smacked it at Thanos with Stormbreaker and then used the axe to fight in close quarters.

Not to mention that Thor has other showings with Mjolnir that look just as skilful as anything Steve did:

Cap wins in a low down brawl. Next up:

Antman and the Wasp

94b2e234571f168ac8ff598288a35d65.gif

vs

Rocket and Groot

tenor.gif

Who you got peeps?

AntMan and the Wasp win. Next up:

Kurse
5nLthO.gif

vs Thanos
8k2krhdmye53.gif

Also a special non comic match:

Robert McCall, the Equalizer
giphy.gif

Vs John Wick
giphy.gif

Who you got peeps?

Well....John Wick. McCall is good but John Wick is death itself.

Kurse vs Thanos.....really depends on conditions of combat

If Thanos has no weapons and no Infinity stones then I vote Kurse to beat his ass.

If Thanos has his sword and armour, I vote Thanos but only just - on the basis that while Mjolnir wouldn't deny Cap's shield Thanos' sword destroyed it. Still Kurse get in some good licks before he dies, I see Thanos walking away but with some permanent scarring.

If Thanos has the Infinity stones, like he does in the gif, then why even bother asking ?

Well....John Wick. McCall is good but John Wick is death itself.

Kurse vs Thanos.....really depends on conditions of combat

If Thanos has no weapons and no Infinity stones then I vote Kurse to beat his ass.

If Thanos has his sword and armour, I vote Thanos but only just - on the basis that while Mjolnir wouldn't deny Cap's shield Thanos' sword destroyed it. Still Kurse get in some good licks before he dies, I see Thanos walking away but with some permanent scarring.

If Thanos has the Infinity stones, like he does in the gif, then why even bother asking ?
No stones, no infinity sword. Just hand to hand combat. And John Wick is good but man is McCall SERIOUSLY being underrated here.

No stones, no infinity sword. Just hand to hand combat. And John Wick is good but man is McCall SERIOUSLY being underrated here.
Our lord has spoken ( meaning Doc. I would never assume). Thanos and JW.

Thanos, no weapons. Quicker and more tactically skilled. I mean, he took out Hulk like he was nothing with a quick combo.

As for the other fight, it's a no brainer.

681f554682620eb6259cb6a249e4b332.gif

Eh. I'm going McCall. If you watch their movies, John Wick takes an ass whooping first most of the time. McCall doesn't. He times everything out in less than a minute. I got McCall and don't think it's close.

Eh. I'm going McCall. If you watch their movies, John Wick takes an ass whooping first most of the time. McCall doesn't. He times everything out in less than a minute. I got McCall and don't think it's close.

McCall is great, but John Wick is borderline superhuman.

A good match up would be McCall vs Jason Bourne, although he too is almost superhuman - he and McCall are terrific tacticians.

What about Wick vs the Maraiachi ( from Desperado) ?

Oh, and with only hand to hand Kurse wins - remember that he can fry Asgardians with his grip, and given that he overpowered Pre Ragnarok Thor easily I think he's up to taking on the Mad Titan.

Yes, but John Wick is a tough bastard and always keeps coming back. Unless you hit him with a car though.
Keeps coming back..................this is a one time match. First encounter. So whoever wins THE FIRST TIME wins. Wick may come back but first encounter, I got McCall all day.

McCall is great, but John Wick is borderline superhuman.

A good match up would be McCall vs Jason Bourne, although he too is almost superhuman - he and McCall are terrific tacticians.

What about Wick vs the Maraiachi ( from Desperado) ?

Oh, and with only hand to hand Kurse wins - remember that he can fry Asgardians with his grip, and given that he overpowered Pre Ragnarok Thor easily I think he's up to taking on the Mad Titan.
Thanos isn't Asgardian................just saying..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"