MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

Female spy Batman wins. :whatever: Next up:

Vision
tenor.gif

vs the GoTG
giphy.gif

Who you got peeps?

Surprised that Doc didn't create a matchup with Electro considering the Spider-Verse news we got today. It kind of opens the door for The Lizard to pop up too. And yes, they haven't officially said it's a Spider-Verse film but it might as well be one.

Anyways...

Vision

They can disable him temporarily with their electrical gadgets but have no hope of keeping him down permanently.

Surprised that Doc didn't create a matchup with Electro considering the Spider-Verse news we got today. And yes, they haven't officially said it's a Spider-Verse film but it might as well be one.

Anyways...

Vision

They can disable him temporarily with their electrical gadgets but have no hope of keeping him down permanently.

Doc always surprises us.....in a good way.....mostly.....I think....

Vision.

Surprised that Doc didn't create a matchup with Electro considering the Spider-Verse news we got today. It kind of opens the door for The Lizard to pop up too. And yes, they haven't officially said it's a Spider-Verse film but it might as well be one.

Anyways...

Vision

Yeah but wasn't sure that those films are part of the MCU. I'm open to allowing more Marvel movies into this versus thread because with no new Marvel movies coming out until next year, we need more options. Covid just killed everything.

Yeah but wasn't sure that those films are part of the MCU. I'm open to allowing more Marvel movies into this versus thread because with no new Marvel movies coming out until next year, we need more options. Covid just killed everything.
I mean, the signs are pointing to the Maguire and Garfield movies joining the MCU so they're fair game for the matchups.

I'll give the edge to VISION, and choose his Age of Ultron self for this one.
thank+gif.gif

Someone gets it. GoTG really have no chance against Vision if he goes hardcore. Infinity War really softened Vision up and made him look weak. Vision should be able to go head to head with Thor.

thank+gif.gif

Someone gets it. GoTG really have no chance against Vision if he goes hardcore. Infinity War really softened Vision up and made him look weak. Vision should be able to go head to head with Thor.
He should be able to wipe the floor with them but has shown very little in the films to suggest that the film version is ready to do that. I'm a big fan of the character in comics and disappointed from what we've got since AoU, which should have been just the start.

He should be able to wipe the floor with them but has shown very little in the films to suggest that the film version is ready to do that. I'm a big fan of the character in comics and disappointed from what we've got since AoU, which should have been just the start.

Yup ! Should be able to wipe the floor with them.... but based on his post AoU feats is more likely to injure someone on his own team.

HardtofindDimwittedGemsbok-size_restricted.gif

Vision only looked bad in Infinity War. Look at how bad ass he was in Age of Ultron. There's nothing GotG can come up with for Vision of AoU.

HardtofindDimwittedGemsbok-size_restricted.gif

Vision only looked bad in Infinity War. Look at how bad ass he was in Age of Ultron. There's nothing GotG can come up with for Vision of AoU.

Hawkeye and his taser Arrow say "hi", can we think of anyone else who carries high tech tasers ? Hmmmm..

Clearly that's a vulnerability he had from day one - crappy manufacturing I guess - unless you suggest he acquired that vulnerability during civil war, which seems a bit unlikely.

He now has enough in his data banks to assure not repeating this mistake, especially against not a friend.

Vision vs Guardians of the Galaxy:

Okay, so. Civil War did establish that, yes, sufficiently good tech can temporarily inconvenience the Vision. If Hawkeye has it, than surely some of the Guardians can pull out something similar. The problem is. . . well, "temporarily inconvenience" is *all* that it did. The question then becomes, can the Guardians actually follow up on that in any way that can actually incapacitate the Vision? Options that come to mind-

1. Brute force: The Guardians have a lot of it, but the Vision is both a vibranium brick and intangible. I don't see any combination of blasters, blades, and fists from the Guardians being able to do much here, especially since most of them probably can't even hit him while intangible.

2. Rocket Raccoon's mad science: Rocket can build moon-busting weaponry and all kinds of weird tech, I can totally buy him building something that could take out the Vision if he were given the time and opportunity to prepare beforehand. However, I'm dubious of him doing so with just the random stuff he's currently carrying at the moment. At least, not without requiring both an advantageous arena ( "fight takes place on a space ship" ) and an openness to pyrrhic victory ( "Rocket mad science detonates the entire ship with everyone onboard" )

3. Mantis' mind control: Its really really frickin' powerful, and normally all they need against most opponents is an opening for her to shut them down. The problem is, the Vision ( for this fight at least ) has the Mind Stone on his forehead. He may be fairly crappy at actually using the Stone, but I'm really dubious that using a telepathic attack against someone who is currently jacked into the Mind Stone is a good idea in the slightest.

So, basically? The Guardians are more skilled than the Vision certainly, and more numerous, but Vision just has an unfortunate combo of powers and, well, power, that mean I don't see them winning a fight. They just aren't going to be able to hurt him, only delay him. Vision takes it.

Did he fry Spiderman to a crisp? He has the power to do it but is not bright enough to accomplish his goal.

Hey guys, you should all play Ultimate Spider-Man video game, trust me, you will change your minds when you do.

VENOM

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"