MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

Thanos isn't Asgardian................just saying..............

Yes, thank you for further clarifying the completely obvious. I was pointing out the ease with which Kurse was able to kill beings as tough as Asgardians, using his microwave death grip - leaving a trail of them on his way to destroy the palace shield generator.

While Thanos is probably much tougher than an average Adgardian warrior, the grip still may have some effect on him, as well as Kurse pounding the crap out of him.

Thanos vs Kurse: Thanos. He's just plain better. To put it one way, Thor needed two power ups relative to his Dark World appearance in order to fight Thanos one on one and only slowly lose. And yes, that was Thanos with weapons and armor, but honestly, that's only going to make so much difference. Alternative comparison: the Hulk fight. Thanos, using nothing but his own personal strength and skill, beat the crap out of the Hulk quickly and without needing a huge amount of effort. I generally read Kurse as stronger than Hulk, but not *that* much stronger.

Equalizer vs John Wick: John Wick. He's just generally this unstoppable juggernaut of street level death, even when faced with a world filled with other cinematic stylized unrealistic killing machines.

PURPLE ALIEN MAN would stomp that fight. (I recently learned what the name of that character means, and as a Muslim who believes there is only one God, I will not say the name of the big bad of phase 3)

Robert McCall is organized and calculating, but John Wick survived greater odds and walked away.
JOHN WICK wins this fight.

PURPLE ALIEN MAN would stomp that fight. (I recently learned what the name of that character means, and as a Muslim who believes there is only one God, I will not say the name of the big bad of phase 3)

Robert McCall is organized and calculating, but John Wick survived greater odds and walked away.
JOHN WICK wins this fight.

I think in Greek mythology "Thanatos" was the personification of death, like the grim reaper. But he represented peaceful, quiet death rather than violent death.

Jim Starlin created Thanos as part of his Adam Warlock stories in the 70s now that's some classic cosmic marvel stuff. Starlin had a cameo in Endgame in Cap's support group. Anyway if anyone knows the etymology of Thanos' name, its him.

Coincidentally, the Thanatos theory is better than my other idea, that Thanos represents everything angry and uncool, so his name is a corruption of "Stamos" and in the 80s, John Stamos was everything chilled out and cool, so you see where I'm going...... ah, forget about it.

I think in Greek mythology "Thanatos" was the personification of death, like the grim reaper. But he represented peaceful, quiet death rather than violent death.

Jim Starlin created Thanos as part of his Adam Warlock stories in the 70s now that's some classic cosmic marvel stuff. Starlin had a cameo in Endgame in Cap's support group. Anyway if anyone knows the etymology of Thanos' name, its him.

Coincidentally, the Thanatos theory is better than my other idea, that Thanos represents everything angry and uncool, so his name is a corruption of "Stamos" and in the 80s, John Stamos was everything chilled out and cool, so you see where I'm going...... ah, forget about it.
I've read Avengers annual 7 and its continuation in Marvel Two-In-One annual 2, both written and drawn by Jim Starlin himself, and he explained what I just said and this is why the villain is loves death.

Thanos and John Wick win. Next up:

Black Widow
giphy.gif

Vs Bullseye
tumblr_ph9mersJ2N1qd49gbo3_500.gifv

Who you got peeps?

Comic book versions, Bullseye.

MCU TV versions Black Widow. Mind you, I think that Poindexter in DD season 3 was a big improvement from Colin Farrell's awful version in the film.
It's official!: Black Widow is the most OVERRATED superhero in the MCU! You guys have her beating aliens, people brought back from the dead and people who can kill you within seconds...........I just don't get it.

f55397a7de1c82b37d6d62e655a0e915.gif

It's official!: Black Widow is the most OVERRATED superhero in the MCU! You guys have her beating aliens, people brought back from the dead and people who can kill you within seconds...........I just don't get it.

Rewatch her fight scenes in Civil War and the Winter Soldier and you may change her mind. She took out a bunch of Chitauri and went one on one with the Wintet soldier ( in kill mode) and lived to tell the tale.
Wilson Fisk took out Dex, and I have no doubt that Widow could kill him.

Black Widow chronologically won against Taskmaster who I bet is a more lethal marksman than Bullseye (he will also have shorter screen time), and will probably be downplayed a bit for jokes, and....

You know something? I usually vote for movie characters against Netflix characters, but this time I feel like voting the other way around.

BULLSEYE

Docks might be on to something with his thoughts of BW's power levels being overblown.

Black Widow chronologically won against Taskmaster who I bet is a more lethal marksman than Bullseye (he will also have shorter screen time), and will probably be downplayed a bit for jokes, and....

You know something? I usually vote for movie characters against Netflix characters, but this time I feel like voting the other way around.

BULLSEYE

Docks might be on to something with his thoughts of BW's power levels being overblown.

source.gif

BULLSEYE

Well, okay then.....

Black Widow vs Bullseye:

Black Widow. He is good. Hawkeye is better. Black Widow is a direct peer of Hawkeye, and has flat out beaten him in fights. She is, to date, the best martial artist in the whole MCU; everyone who can cleanly beat her has outright superhuman physical attributes. She has much better gear than Bullseye.

Or to phrase it differently: she'd beat Daredevil, too. Because she is better at this thing. She is Female Spy Batman.

Black Widow vs Bullseye:

Black Widow. He is good. Hawkeye is better. Black Widow is a direct peer of Hawkeye, and has flat out beaten him in fights. She is, to date, the best martial artist in the whole MCU; everyone who can cleanly beat her has outright superhuman physical attributes. She has much better gear than Bullseye.

Or to phrase it differently: she'd beat Daredevil, too. Because she is better at this thing. She is Female Spy Batman.
Clint was also clearly holding his punches which got Scarlet Witch to tell him to stop doing it in Civil War. Clint would not try and kill her from the jump whereas Bullseye wouldn't hesitate. I think that is the main difference between the two.

Black Widow vs Bullseye:

I like Female Spy Batman , except she kills people without hesitation ( think of all the goons she killed in TWS alone). The MCU version of Black Widow is super badass.

Comic book versions, Bullseye.

MCU TV versions Black Widow. Mind you, I think that Poindexter in DD season 3 was a big improvement from Colin Farrell's awful version in the film.
Agreed on comics (Bullseye) and film versions (Widow). I think Poindexter would give a much better challenge to Widow than Farrell's clownish version of the character.

Agreed on comics (Bullseye) and film versions (Widow). I think Poindexter would give a much better challenge to Widow than Farrell's clownish version of the character.

Don't know about that, Farrell's character looked ridiculous, but could kill you with a paper clip - otherwise he was awful.

I wonder if thay have that gif from "Big".

I like Female Spy Batman , except she kills people without hesitation ( think of all the goons she killed in TWS alone). The MCU version of Black Widow is super badass.

Oh, true. Its just, I see so many complaints about, or diminuations of, Black Widow, that *really* feel like the kind of things no one would ever say about Batman. Despite that Natasha fills almost the exact same niche on the Avengers that Batman does on the Justice League. So I like to front-and-center the analogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"