BvS Metropolis look in Superman/Batman

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
I liked what Snyder did to Metropolis in MOS. A little futuristic but a big and realistic city.
Due to the fact that part of the city was damaged by the MOS events.
I'd like to think that Metropolis will look a little different and even more futuristic in some areas due to coug Lex Luthor Coug.
Remember this pic?
url

What do you want Metropolis to look like?
The same as Man of Steel, slightly different or a considerable change?

I liked what Snyder did to Metropolis in MOS. A little futuristic but a big and realistic city.
I'd like to think that Metropolis will look a little different and even more futuristic in some areas due to coug Lex Luthor Coug.
Remember this pic?
url

They can't change the look of the city if they want to stay consistent. But you never know.

That day was not a day we will soon forget. This great city, the shining jewel of America's progress, suffered a grievous wound, an attack by beings beyond our understanding. It was a day of mourning. A day of uncertainty. As we buried our families and our friends, we wondered if we would bury the city as well. If the scars of that day would ever heal. That day, we did not have the answers to those questions.

Today, we do. You need only to look out your window. We have shouldered the burden of restoration, of resurrecting this city from its deathbed. Metropolis stand defiant against any that would harm it, from within or without. Metropolis stands strong so that no force may again threaten it. Metropolis stands shining, ready to fight back for its future.

Fellow citizens of Metropolis, LexCorp welcomes you to the City of Tommorow.

Metropolis.jpg

MassAnimationMetropolis.jpg

Excuse the terrible writing, it was just something I had kicking around in my head for a while. Had to sell the idea somehow.

It should look like New Year but after Zod, it's now Detroit.

I like this, but I can't see them making that drastic of a change from Man of Steel.

I like the idea of Metropolis becoming futuristic looking as a result of the restoration they've done. Having Lex be very good for the community, only for the motives to be self-centered would be very jarring to see.

I think most people are used to a stealth-vigilante real estate agent, rather than a benefactor with a double life. Seeing Luthor's influence be helpful to Metropolis might throw audiences off a little bit :yay:

That'd be awesome, i'd like see a futuristic metropolis! I'm just not convinced that's the direction they're going.

That day was not a day we will soon forget. This great city, the shining jewel of America's progress, suffered a grievous wound, an attack by beings beyond our understanding. It was a day of mourning. A day of uncertainty. As we buried our families and our friends, we wondered if we would bury the city as well. If the scars of that day would ever heal. That day, we did not have the answers to those questions.

Today, we do. You need only to look out your window. We have shouldered the burden of restoration, of resurrecting this city from its deathbed. Metropolis stand defiant against any that would harm it, from within or without. Metropolis stands strong so that no force may again threaten it. Metropolis stands shining, ready to fight back for its future.

Metropolis.jpg

Excuse the terrible writing, it was just something I had kicking around in my head for a while. Had to sell the idea somehow.

Good concept. I think they're gonna change it a little bit. and Lex Luthor will have to do with this.

I really hated what we saw of Metropolis in MoS. Granted we didn't see much but what we did see looked like a bland boring mish mash of Chicago and Toronto.

I still think the best production design for a city is Batman Begins. The trains and the narrows had so much character.

metropolis__1927____the_city_by_kriegdersterne77-d51iyis.jpg

Something like this would be fine!!! Imagine that tower being Lexcorp.

url

Last edited:
That'd be awesome, i'd like see a futuristic metropolis! I'm just not convinced that's the direction they're going.
they have the perfect excuse to rebuild some areas that were destroyed and could be rebuilded by Lexy in a more futuristic way...

Metropolis.jpg

This is what I originally wanted. But MOS's Metropolis didn't seem to have much character. Although, we didn't see much of it before the calamity started.

Remember this pic?
url

John you beat me to it. I assume you based it off of my Gotham thread. I think Metropolis should be more futuristic/bright.

I say on odd mishmash of neo-futuristic buildings under construction by both LexCorp and Wayne Enterprises, just perpetually rising in the background throughout the film, while vast parts of the city look like Detroit thanks to the battle. Just imagine a section of rubble and ruin where Batman and Superman have their own confrontation, then the movie ends with the final touches on a massive, monolithic Lex Towers, something that would look ostentatious in Dubai, and it ends with Lex and Superman having a classic verbal showdown hundred of feet above the rest of the city.

This is what I originally wanted. But MOS's Metropolis didn't seem to have much character. Although, we didn't see much of it before the calamity started.

I would like to see that mix in with Bruce Timm's designs.

John you beat me to it. I assume you based it off of my Gotham thread. I think Metropolis should be more futuristic/bright.
Yeah it was based from the thread of yours. I think it should be more futuristic but at the same time realistic. :D

Metropolis.jpg

We all hope it looks like this a true city of tomorrow but we know it wont be. :funny:

This is Zack Snyder. If anyone is going to go out of his way to make a cool-looking city, it's him.

Yeah, continuity takes a back seat here. Metropolis deserves more character, and since Supes and his "friends" destroyed a big chunk of it, why not go for it? Go for a more "City of Tomorrow" vibe, courtesy of Lexcorp.

This is Zack Snyder. If anyone is going to go out of his way to make a cool-looking city, it's him.
NO!!!!!! him not!!!!! :argh: ... Lex Luthor :woot:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"