Revenge of the Fallen Michael Bay out of the way!

luca_frontino

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/no-transformers-3-for-michael-bay

He said it himself!
This is beautiful!
So, if Paramount sets the realease date to 2011, we just need a couple of years to see (hopefully) a different vision of TFs.

Let's prey it won't be McG...

UPDATE:
So, Michael Bay recently said he'll return for the 3rd installment. But since TF2 brought the level of crappiness below my expectation, let's boycott this p.o.s. and say to Michale Bay:
"F**k away!"

Last edited:
"I need to do something totally divergent, something without any explosions."
Bay movie without explosions.... Its like dividing by zero!

Kind of weird knowing that Michael Bay won't be back for the third film. I really hope Paramount picks a competent director to replace him. I enjoyed what he had to offer its a shame that he actually takes into consideration of what the critics think of him.

Oh well I guess... :(

R.I.P Bayformers 2007-2009

For easier reading of the article:

No Transformers 3 for Michael Bay!

michael-bay.jpg

“I've had enough”, says director.

Hollywood directors, start writing your CVs now. Michael Bay has said that he will not be returning for Transformers 3, should Paramount decide to make it.

“It's easy to go shoot an art movie in a winery in the South of France,” he said. “But people have no idea how hard it is to create something like Transformers.

“They (the critics) review me before they've even seen the movie."

It seems like a strange time in his career to be worrying about what the critics think, but it seems Bay’s mid-life crisis is genuine.

He adds, "After the three and a half years I've spent making these movies, I feel like I've had enough of the Transformers world.

"I need to do something totally divergent, something without any explosions."

You heard it here, folks. Mark up July 4, 2010 on your calendar – something like a remake of A Bout De Souffle by Michael Bay is on the way

- Totalfilm

Last edited:
I'm not a Bay-hater or anything, but, considering we do get a Bay-less Transformers 3, I'd be very exciting for the experience, just to see how it would go.

From all the previews and trailers I've seen for "Fallen", it just looks like the 1st movie again. While it is natural for the sequel to look a lot like its predecessor, this one has me thinking it'll really be all the same stuff (well...I'll admit it is silly expecting something new out of any Transformers movie...).

I call bs, IF anything he will do something like the island or bad boys like next then go back to transformers 3. I highly doubt someone like michael bay will not do anymore explosions in his films. I actually would like to see something like the island be his next movie. cant knock him for no creatvity after a movie like that.

I'm both happy and dissapointed by this news, with Bay, you are bound to to have some dissapointments with him, but overall, I think he did a good job with the first movie, and looks to have done the same with the 2nd. Also, we run the risk of getting a hack director like Brett Ratner for the 3rd movie, which no one wants.

Strange though, Bay has previously said he would return for the 3rd though.

Thing is the man is tired of doing the same thing for so long. The producers should realise that people will get tired of the franchise as well if they keep on making movies so often.
First off, lets see how well ROTF does in the Box Office.
Then let Bay do his thing for a year and you ll see that he ll be asking to come back.
The next sequel will come in 3-4 years instead of two, thats all.

I think that a different director could correct some of Bay's direction mistakes and make a better movie. But the risk of getting a hack director is too high. Imagine the new director wanting to make it grimdark hoping to succeed like the Dark Knight or whatever.

Someone like Zack Snyder would look at the G1 series and comics more respectfully and bring them to the screen, cooler than ever.

I dont think any big-name director would want to pick up this film. DJ Curso maybe. Wouldn't it be cool if Spielberg directed the third one? haha not gonna happen.

Well, in a way it could be possible. He's a producer, so he could take over the lead.
At least the sex & drug jokes would disappear, but the Gremlins ones not.

Well, in a way it could be possible. He's a producer, so he could take over the lead.
At least the sex & drug jokes would disappear, but the Gremlins ones not.

na Spielberg has more important matters at hand. Hes got Tintin to work on and i bet hes producing a lot of films. In my opinion Spielberg hasnt made a good film since Minority Report. He needs to get back on his game.

Unfortunately, the studio will probably get a hack director to mimic Bay's style.

Like The Mummy 3 and X3.

They're not going to risk 200 million changing the style to something unfamiliar to audiences.

Expect the same look for the Transformers and the same humor.

well this sound interesting....just to see another filmmakers approach to the film!:up: ^^^and yeah that would sux, if they just got some hack to imitate what was already done!!:down

Someone like Zack Snyder would look at the G1 series and comics more respectfully and bring them to the screen, cooler than ever.
No, it would be exactly the same. Only with actors... Snyder is a hack.

I prefer Bay's designs over any other transformers series and i like the way he handled the robots up until now. His direction is another matter though.
G1 = boxy and kinda old now
Armada = wtf? Generic designs
Animated = kid stuff

Bay = freaking awesome.

Anyway, i hope Bay stays. Its exactly the kind of franchise that needs Bay. But i would welcome Spielberg if he chose to take up the direction. Less sex jokes, more awe and drama.

Last edited:
Agreed. Bay is the man. I'd be cool to see him do a drama. I'd see it.

I hope they do use the G1 designs just to prove to the bionicle lovers that the G1 designs would work fine in a movie.

They'll never work. I've shown people those designs after they saw the movie. They laughed.
And those "car" commercials? With the G1 designs? Horrid.

G1 are boxy because our vehicles are boxy too.
No, its because the bonnet becomes the bot's legs, the passenger space becomes the torso and the trunk becomes the hands. Simple as that.

In my view, Bay's transformers are not only cool to look at, they also have variety in shape (sideways and bonecrusher have rollers, that constructicon is a unicycle, starscream is a chicken, Devastator is a.... dinosaur?), their transformations are stunning and they can transform parts of their hands to make weapons (which is awesome and makes perfect sense).

I also like how Bay did his own thing with some of them. I love how Bumblebee isnt the short weakling autobot anymore (and i also love his cute personna), i love Jetfire (from what i have seen till now), Prime is just majestic and Megatron is scary as the devil.

Fix Bay's shaky cam and make the humor smarter and less facepalm worthy and i give TF 10/10 as far as action blockbusters go.

They'll never work. I've shown people those designs after they saw the movie. They laughed.
If the G1 designs were rendered by a million dollar computer effects company they would look alot better.

Bayformers are eye sores in 2D.

I hope they do use the G1 designs just to prove to the bionicle lovers that the G1 designs would work fine in a movie.

i think it would work too..none of us know for sure..onless they do it on the big screen...that's the only way..test everything out...never know til u try...

[YT]AM74D1mFjN0[/YT]Seriously, does it even compare to this?
[YT]81Yil3msqJU[/YT]
To me, the Bayformers also have the bonus of looking somewhat living organisms and like not cars with legs.
I wanna see them. Do you have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"