Revenge of the Fallen Michael Bay out of the way!

I know. I'm talking about the story on the paper. I don't doubt that it is good. But when directed to the big screen...not anymore.

I would doubt it was ever good. Especially in regards to ROTF, which was rushed like hell through a Writer's Strike to meet a deadline.

The story in ROTF was definitely worse that the first in terms of narrative & pacing. There was also an over saturation of comedy (usually hit or miss).

The first films script wasn't gold but it was structured in a much better way than the script for ROTF was.

Not only that but the already simplistic dialogue for the humans was lowered a notch as well. I mean in one sentence Sam uses the word "head" almost consecutively to explain that Megatron was trying to get the ancient Cybertronian language from his brain.

Thats just one example out of many. The plot itself wasn't bad but the manner in which it was structured largely caused ROTF to drag severely throughout parts. I mean during my first viewing I was lethargic by the time Jet Prime came onto the screen.

Michael Bay doesn't care what the critics think, Bay is 'unimpressed'

michael-bay.jpg

Despite receiving a critical drubbing, "Transformer: Revenge of the Fallen" soared to box office success over the weekend. While director Michael Bay is no stranger to hatred from the critics, the LA Times reports that Bay was not impressed with their lambasting this time.

- ReelzChannel

you kinda proved my point with your second post. i personally don't think it was any different between the two, both were written by 12 year olds, but for shoots and giggles, lets say you are correct. i still don't think it is accurate to say that the script was terrible because of a writer's strike(how long are we gonna milk this one anyways?), it was meant to be what it was.

interesting about the humor, while i thought 90% was cheesy or corny, oddly enough, they all got the huge laughs. and my friends, never seeing anything to do with transformers, including the first movie, said they enjoyed it more than they thought and it was way funnier than they thought it would be. so maybe there is something to it.

you kinda proved my point with your second post. i personally don't think it was any different between the two, both were written by 12 year olds, but for shoots and giggles, lets say you are correct. i still don't think it is accurate to say that the script was terrible because of a writer's strike(how long are we gonna milk this one anyways?), it was meant to be what it was.

interesting about the humor, while i thought 90% was cheesy or corny, oddly enough, they all got the huge laughs. and my friends, never seeing anything to do with transformers, including the first movie, said they enjoyed it more than they thought and it was way funnier than they thought it would be. so maybe there is something to it.

there is nothing more subjective then comedy, for any critic to think they can review such a thing is...dumb

Bay made an hour long battle sceen look borring and uncomprehencable. People seem to say that bay can direct action, no no he cant. 50 explosion and super close ups to the robots scrotem does not a good action sceen make.

Bay made an hour long battle sceen look borring and uncomprehencable. People seem to say that bay can direct action, no no he cant. 50 explosion and super close ups to the robots scrotem does not a good action sceen make.

reading your sig, I must say I can see where your coming form...

people seem to say bay can direct action because when he does it well, he does it better then anyone, what you just described, even though I'm personally not familiar exactly which scene/set piece your referring, wasn't his best

whereas in this very movie he has plenty of wonderful pieces

did you know that bay has used a different cinematographer for each film since pearl harbour....
the guy form TF1 can't remember his name apparently isn't as good as the guy from TF2.

Bay needs to step aside man. Why this guy is getting credit for this movie I will never know... But because of How much money this thing has brought in. They will not replace him. If you want bay out. Dont pay to watch the movie. Simple as that.

Bay needs to step aside man. Why this guy is getting credit for this movie I will never know... But because of How much money this thing has brought in. They will not replace him. If you want bay out. Dont pay to watch the movie. Simple as that.

it's simple really, put his name on a film and it will create buzz

secondly his films have always been known as nothing more then visual treats with shallow stories

the first TF comes out and it's one of the most visually praised films to date with half the budget of most...and a shallow story

the second one opens and the line ups are around the corner at the midnight showing

what exactly does bay have to do with that?
vision is all.

I mean that may not be as much as heath leadgers contribution..
he's more like the ugly duckling that found his place in the world lol:csad:

Micheal Bay Can't leave, if he leaves, TF3 will be crap! No massive explosions and great Visuals......

Please Bay, stay.

Tone the stupid down is all I ask for.

I don't understand how people can ignore an extensive comic series attached to toy lines.

I don't understand why a pirate theme park can have an acclaimed franchise but a comic book series/pop culture icon is expected to be a series of fart jokes and poor storytelling.

POTC is an acclaimed franchise? since when?

It was until At The World's End...
Black Pearl is considered a modern adventure classic

I don't understand how people can ignore an extensive comic series attached to toy lines.

I don't understand why a pirate theme park can have an acclaimed franchise but a comic book series/pop culture icon is expected to be a series of fart jokes and poor storytelling.

I dont understand why a movie can't be entertaining, action packed, and have purpose. I mean that seems to be everyone's scapegoat excuse for the abomination that was Transformers 2. "it's not some drama piece". No ****. All I ask for is give me a reason to care. What kind of defense is it to say the movie is for entertainment? So what movies that dont contradict themselves, and make logical sense aren't entertaining? Can anyone say they enjoy movies less when they offer great action, entertainment, and have you connecting to the movie? Why settle for less? That's what I dont understand.

I dont understand how people can blast one movie with Grand Canyon sized plot holes and defend another one with equal sized and similar plot holes.

I dont understand why how it could possibly be a positive statement to say "The movie is good if you turn your brain off".

Everyone who hated Terminator Salvation but loved Transformers 2 is a hypocrite...

Anyone who hated Wolverine but loved Transformers 2 is a hypocrite....

Agreed. At least Wolverine seemed like something you would read a comic...
A Rob Liefeld comic but a comic none the less...

Anyone who hated Wolverine but loved Transformers 2 is a hypocrite....
i disagree.

i didnt like Wolverine because they lied that it will ahve interesting characters and a good story. so since it was promoted for this and it didnt have this i was sad. it also didnt have any action scenes that would fit with wolverine. like a violent fight with blood. funny since TF2 had more violence in fights the wolverine.

TF2 was promted as humor,action,megan fox with bouncing boobs and Shia hyperactive. if you wanted this and you got this then you are happy.

Last edited:
Everyone who hated Terminator Salvation but loved Transformers 2 is a hypocrite...
i didnt hate TS. i think it was a pretty good summermovie. but my complaints are that they promised an important role from Connor. they lied that the rewrittes will make big changes for him. it was a lie. they wrotte some more screentime and some dialoge that didnt have a lot to do with the main story.

on the other hand everything that was promoted for TF2 was in the movie.

Last edited:
TF2 was promted as humor,action,megan fox iwth bouncing boobs and Shia hyperactive. if you wanted this and you got this then you are happy.

EHHHH! WRONG!

TF2 was promoted as a dark and gritty science fiction war movie...

Funny since both movies are pg13 and follow the same rules as far as blood go. When does anyone bleed in Transformers 2?

And TF2 also promoted new robots, and suggested that they would have more screen presence than the first one. Yet they managed to scale back everyone but Bumblebee and the idiot twins.

Posted By Wikipedia

Inspirations

Bay had a variety of factors that sparked and fueled his interest in show business. He draws inspiration from the talents of different directors such as Steven Spielberg, James Cameron, George Lucas, and the Coen Brothers. In his youth, Bay worked for Lucasfilm where his interest began after filing storyboards for Raiders of the Lost Ark.[9]

I wish we could actually see all this inspiration

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"