MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

marvelboy10

Civilian
Reaction score
Michael Keaton Reprising Role Of Batman In The Flash Movie

Today, The Wrap is reporting Keaton is in very early talks to play Bruce Wayne aka Batman in The Flash movie, but the publication notes that his appearance isn't set in stone just yet. THR reporter Borys Kit offered further details, revealing Keaton's Batman would be a mentor, and there's a possibility that if he returns, he could be in multiple movies, including the in-development Batgirl film.

upload_2020-6-22_21-26-28.png

This is HUGE!

Michael Keaton just became this movie’s selling point. I’m interested to see where they will go with this. Love the fact that it’s going to ignore Batman Forever and Batman & Robin entirely and pick up from Batman Returns. Would be cool to see Michelle Pfeiffer come back in some capacity

That is. My most anticipated film ever. If this happens. PLS let it happen!

I wonder if he's supposed to be Thomas Wayne instead, and the reporter just got it wrong because they don't know the comics. Anyways, whatever he's playing, great news.

He's playing Bruce Wayne. Something tells me though Keaton won't be the only big surprise return in Flashpoint.

IMO Flashpoint is sort of a sequel to Crisis on Infinite Earths.

This is pretty damn intriguing. The Flash of it all is certainly of interest, but if they’re doing a Flashpoint/multiverse-spanning thing, it’s pretty self-explanatory. What’s really curious to me is the Batgirl bit.

Does this mean that film is set in the Burton-Batman universe? If so... how does that work? Pat Hingle’s been dead for a decade and he was 84 when he passed. Would this Batgirl be his granddaughter, maybe?

My mind is really running wild.

There are so many amazing things they could do if all of this goes through and they actually get Keaton back on board. Whether its as a mentor to Batgirl or an older Bruce Wayne set within the Batman Beyond Universe they are all pretty exciting possibilities IMO.

My guess : it will be a mix between Flashpoint and crisis on infinite earths (the comics). Barry travels back in time to save his mother and either inadvertently creates another universe protected by Michael Keaton’s Batman, now 30 years older, the burtonverse as we know from Batman 89 and Batman returns or he travels on his world.

I assume this will be a buddy movie with Barry growing up as a person and Bruce retired (wearing the suit during the finale fight). There's a parallel between them, losing their loved one by the hand of a maniac (Zoom and Joker)

At the end, Barry accepts the idea that he can't save his mother without consequence, stops Zoom and prevent the burtonverse, erasing Batman 89 and Batman returns at the same time.

This is pretty damn intriguing. The Flash of it all is certainly of interest, but if they’re doing a Flashpoint/multiverse-spanning thing, it’s pretty self-explanatory. What’s really curious to me is the Batgirl bit.

Does this mean that film is set in the Burton-Batman universe? If so... how does that work? Pat Hingle’s been dead for a decade and he was 84 when he passed. Would this Batgirl be his granddaughter, maybe?

My guess : it will be a mix between Flashpoint and crisis on infinite earths (the comics). Barry travels back in time to save his mother and either inadvertently creates another universe protected by Michael Keaton’s Batman, now 30 years older, the burtonverse as we know from Batman 89 and Batman returns or he travels on his world.

I assume this will be a buddy movie with Barry growing up as a person and Bruce retired (wearing the suit during the finale fight). There's a parallel between them, losing their loved one by the hand of a maniac (Zoom and Joker)

At the end, Barry accepts the idea that he can't save his mother without consequence, stops Zoom and prevent the burtonverse, erasing Batman 89 and Batman returns at the same time.

Both are cool ideas, let's see what kicked this all off.

Marvel - time travel and coming to an end of their run and introducing a new phase - DC are like, ok we have WW and AM making a billion, we have a not so bad Superman, we have Shazam! and the Rock coming in, we have a new Batman that looks good, we also have Joker.. we have a rebooted SS and we also have to recast Batman for our DCEU - let's just embrace the multiverse!

They gave it respect and a trial on the TV and people lapped it up. The DCEU flash was even mentioned.

It will look cool, play to nostalgia and solves a few loop holes - maybe. By having flash point, It's their own thanos 'click'.

This is how I see it play out.

DCEU is still their main player and they want to run with that.

A flashpoint movie doesn't change WW or WW1984, even AM and Shazam! are unaffected.

So Flashpoint comes out - we see Barry and Ray work out the possibilities of time travel and he learns about the multiverse - this scene has to happen.

the-cameo-was-a-careful-dance-between-the-tv-and-film-universes-1579705031.jpg
It then lets us know that obviously, the multiverse is real, as we have seen it before.

Then, Barry decides to go back in time, but way way back in time, like a good 70 years or so to alter the future path of the person responsible - and this indeed alters the past but also sets off a chain events and Thomas Wayne have a son, earlier than anticipated - Bruce Wayne is 25 years early - so the DCEU has been retconned to prelude with B89.

Bruce does his thing, defeats the joker - after marries Selina. Then in 2013 he watches on as MOS happens, but... BvS, JL, JLSC play out very differently or don't even happen.

I mean, Kal El was always destined to arrive on earth, time travel wouldn't have altered that. Same for WW1 and WW1984.

So the end of the movie ends with Keaton Batman being the DCEU batman and established pals with Clark and Diana and Arthur etc

So we move forward with more WW movies, AM and Shazam! more superman and GL and perhaps Flash and cyborg and have Keaton their as a mentor of a retconned continuity.

I like it - let's get nuts.

OH SNAP - what if the new Batgirl show is in the DCEU?

I'm not a biggest fan of the Burton-verse but holy ****. :mrk::mrk:

Since they're bringing the first modern Batman, why not bring the latest and upcoming Batman for a post-credit scene? :hehe:

Burton is my #1 live action Batman so if he does...Ill be jumping for joy.

But this movie has so many bts issues that I wont get to excited until cameras start rolling.

I'm looking forward to the senior Batman (Batkeaton? Keatman? Batchael? Batton?) fanart.

This is an incredible surprising move. I think the best way they might go about it is that Barry Allen in attempts to save his mom enters multiple multiverses and Michael Keaton is in a Batman Beyond futuristic universe with Terry McGinnis or Damian Wayne maybe and he has to figure out a way to prevent this crisis.

In a way this would allow Andy Muschietti to do his own interpretation and Play with his own creativity while also still doing the Flashpoint storyline without it being dark and brooding like the original story. Barry could also travel to another universe and meet Thomas Wayne Batman and even another alternative version of Superman along the way too.

There’s a lot of possibilities and this is a genius move cause it’d make a lot of money too cause everyone would be hyped to go see this.

If "Flashpoint" does serve as a sequel to Batman Returns, then they have to address Selina Kyle in some way.

Michelle Pfeiffer is not above doing cameos, i.e. her blink-and-miss it cameo in Avengers Endgame.

Last edited:

Bring back Alicia Silverstone. :o

Her views on Vegan stuff aside, she still looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"