Michael Keaton Still Bats For Batman Fans !

Bruce_Wayne29

Sidekick
Reaction score
Keaton Still Bats For Batman Fans
31 May 2009 7:00 AM, PDT | From wenn.com | See recent WENN news

Michael Keaton thrilled a young Batman fan with a visit to the set of his new film after spotting the kid sporting a homemade superhero costume.

Keaton took over directorial duties on the set of The Merry Gentleman when filmmaker Ron Lazzeretti's appendix burst and had to give up the project.

The actor thrilled cast and crew with his personable nature - and showed it extended to fans too.

Co-star Tom Bastounes explains, "One day we were filming in a park and there was little boy there and he had a makeshift Batman outfit on. It wasn't like a store-bought one. He made it at home.

"He had the pointy ears and the mask and he had a Batman symbol on his chest. Michael noticed him from across the street and walked over.

"Of course the mum noticed him right away and made a big fuss. The kid was about four or five. Michael signed the kid's cape and signed something for the mum. Then he brought them both to the set and they watched some of the shoot. He's very sweet that way.

"He's very generous with his time but you still have these pinch me moments, where you suddenly realise, 'Hey, I'm working with Batman.'"

Keaton played the Caped Crusader in Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns films.

What a guy :)

Keaton Still Bats For Batman Fans
31 May 2009 7:00 AM, PDT | From wenn.com | See recent WENN news

Michael Keaton thrilled a young Batman fan with a visit to the set of his new film after spotting the kid sporting a homemade superhero costume.

Keaton took over directorial duties on the set of The Merry Gentleman when filmmaker Ron Lazzeretti's appendix burst and had to give up the project.

The actor thrilled cast and crew with his personable nature - and showed it extended to fans too.

Co-star Tom Bastounes explains, "One day we were filming in a park and there was little boy there and he had a makeshift Batman outfit on. It wasn't like a store-bought one. He made it at home.

"He had the pointy ears and the mask and he had a Batman symbol on his chest. Michael noticed him from across the street and walked over.

"Of course the mum noticed him right away and made a big fuss. The kid was about four or five. Michael signed the kid's cape and signed something for the mum. Then he brought them both to the set and they watched some of the shoot. He's very sweet that way.

"He's very generous with his time but you still have these pinch me moments, where you suddenly realise, 'Hey, I'm working with Batman.'"

Keaton played the Caped Crusader in Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns films.

--dk7

Well done, Keaton.

Still proud of his Batman roots, and he has every reason to be :up:

Bale would have tore the kid a new a-hole lmao

"You walked into my shot! Do you have any f**king idea how unprofessinol that is?!?"

Bale would have tore the kid a new a-hole lmao

"You walked into my shot! Do you have any f**king idea how unprofessinol that is?!?"

One kid gave Bale a hug once for being Batman :word:

"how dare you ****in dress up like me, completely unprofessional, me and you we are sooo done."

If I ever became a celebrity I'd try to be that generous to all my fans, what a great guy he truly understands the ups and downs that come with living in the limelight unlike many others.

Keaton is all class. God, would I love to work with him. He needs more work goddammit!

Top man. :up:

I guess he really did break his foot by saving 12 children from a burning orphanage!

Top man. :up:

I guess he really did break his foot by saving 12 children from a burning orphanage!

WOW I didn't even know about that till I read this post and googled that. The man truly is Batman.

:wow:

wasn't aware of this either

respect

lol

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/at-eS9b3KqI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/at-eS9b3KqI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Keaton was a better Batman than Bale.

He was so natural in the role and didn't need that ridiculous voice.

Nostalgia Critic was right!

I'm sorry but is that breaking foot thing fake or not? I mean they are making the whole burning oprhanage thing a joke but you never know... It does seem fake since i mean you'd hear about it more, right? :p

I still don't get why Bale's Bruce had to put on the 'Batman voice' during his scene with Lucious Fox in TDK..

Fox already knows that Bruce is Batman :/

Kinda silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"