Xbox Microsoft buys Zenimax

I'm so grateful that my brother helped me build a gaming PC recently. I have a PS5 too, so best of both worlds. I really think this is such a good thing for Bethesda because they can take as much time as they need with their future games. it's quite clear Starfield and The Elder Scrolls VI are gonna end up being incredibly ambitious, probably more than we even think so Microsoft giving them even more resources is great news. I'm so damn pumped!

Will be interesting to see what they do re exclusivity of titles. Apparently there is a statement due on Thursday but I don’t know if they plan to cover that issue yet.

Will be interesting to see what they do re exclusivity of titles. Apparently there is a statement due on Thursday but I don’t know if they plan to cover that issue yet.
Yep. This will be what I'm most interested in. The press releases today say "some" future Beth titles will be exclusive to Xbox/PC. The question remains will that include the "big" franchises of Elder Scrolls and Fallout?

Those are the 2 franchises I'd care most about. From a general gamer and PS5 owner perspective, I would like for those to remain multiplat. However, Xbox sorely needs major exclusives, so it would be a big score if future Elder Scrolls and Fallout games will be Xbox/PC exclusives. That would certainly give me more of a reason to consider the Series X down the road.

The one "knock" against these Bethesda games, though, is that they all tend to be 1st person oriented. Which is not my preferred style and which is why, in the grand scheme of things, I feel like I could "give up" Beth games if they all went Xbox exclusive.

But, we shall see.

Bethesda roundtable going on and it sounds like games without commitments are going to be exclusive to systems with gamepass.

No surprises there.

Also, an event has been confirmed for this summer.

That was a really well done event. All the studios seem really excited for the future. I love what they were saying about sharing tech between themselves like the ID tech engine.

No surprises there.

After the quality of today’s event I’ve got high hopes that they will put out one of their best ever shows and certainly the best in an extremely long time. Get Pete Hines involved!

No surprises there.

So damn excited for that event! Really really eager to see what Starfield is. An exciting time to be a Bethesda fan!

So damn excited for that event! Really really eager to see what Starfield is. An exciting time to be a Bethesda fan!
Starfield is the game I’m hoping properly brings next gen in. We don’t know anything about it yet but I think this is the big new game Bethesda have been wanting to make for a long time and they will be putting everything into it.

Yeah saw that a few days ago. The guy is usually reliable. That would be a big early boost from buying Bethesda if so. It’s got potential to be a huge game but we’ll find out if it’s living up to expectations at E3. Really hope it is every bit as good as Skyrim in a sci-fi setting.

There’s rumours of Microsoft going for Crytek now.

Microsoft CEO talking of going all in on gaming.

Rumours all over the place including IO Interactive, Avalanche and Crytek. Wonder if they get any of these over the line (if there’s any basis to them that is).

Releasing exclusives every quarter feels very marvel but marvel built up to that. Guess we will have to wait and see how they go

Releasing exclusives every quarter feels very marvel but marvel built up to that. Guess we will have to wait and see how they go
It’s a numbers game really and doesn’t seem overly ambitious. If you want to have an average studio cycle per game of 4 years then you need 16 studios to put out an average of one game per quarter (4 per year over one 4 year cycle). If you want to get super-conservative and give each studio 6 years per game then you need 24 studios. They already have 23 with some of those studios having multiple teams (like Playground and Arkane) while still showing intent to keep expanding.

It’s a numbers game really and doesn’t seem overly ambitious. If you want to have an average studio cycle per game of 4 years then you need 16 studios to put out an average of one game per quarter (4 per year over one 4 year cycle). If you want to get super-conservative and give each studio 6 years per game then you need 24 studios. They already have 23 with some of those studios having multiple teams (like Playground and Arkane) while still showing intent to keep expanding.

Some of these studios are also former indie studios focused on making smaller production scale games. Thus, not all of them will necessarily even need that four years for a development cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"