Mindy Kaling is Velma

Season 1 finished today. Overall it was a very annoying season with great animation.

Daphne/Shaggy were the best characters. Velma/Fred were the worst.

The shows dialogue largely awful since it's just quips and social commentary that borders on new age after special that hits you over the head.

We got the precursor to the Mystery van and should this thing get a s2 and should they be allowed to use Scooby-Doo....the likely reason why Scooby would be able to talk via the Scooby project that involved switching.

Season 1 finished today. Overall it was a very annoying season with great animation.

Daphne/Shaggy were the best characters. Velma/Fred were the worst.

The shows dialogue largely awful since it's just quips and social commentary that borders on new age after special that hits you over the head.

We got the precursor to the Mystery van and should this thing get a s2 and should they be allowed to use Scooby-Doo....the likely reason why Scooby would be able to talk via the Scooby project that involved switching.
So it's a prequel?

Of course it is. With all the box ticking it was never going to not be.

Dude, this is how animation works. The initial episode order was always going to be 2 seasons. If you wait till the series is out to get the go ahead for more episodes, you wind up with Harley Quinn's 2 year hiatus. Its why the season 4 renewal of the show wasn't a shock to me.

You just know they're going to make an episode (or more) with Velma breaking the fourth wall and trashing everyone who had any kind of criticism toward this show in the most predictable, unfunny, cringeworthy way possible.

Also I take back what I said about the Daphne and Velma relationship before. It is downright uncomfortable, toxic and abusive and I have to raise my eyebrow at anyone who ships them here. Could have done this miles better in a Scooby-Doo property that doesn't actively hate its audience and source material.

I’m surprised this show got picked up for a second season especially with HBO Max making such huge adjustments to its platform to try to save money

Why double down on a total failure of a series?

This is one of those few rare times in which both critics and fans can agree what a completely insulting crap fest this series is

I’m surprised this show got picked up for a second season especially with HBO Max making such huge adjustments to its platform to try to save money

Why double down on a total failure of a series?

This is one of those few rare times in which both critics and fans can agree what a completely insulting crap fest this series is

Again, this is how animation works. These decisions are made years in advance. A true renewal results in a 3 year delay like we saw with Harley Quinn.

Yeah, we should start to get worried if it somehow gets greenlighted to a season 3 after the second season is done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"