Moments in kid films that R rated

RedIsNotBlue

Agree to disagree
Reaction score
Just rewatching The Goonies and I was kind of shocked some of the things that were in it for a PG movie.

1. Josh Brolin's character mutters the word f**k.
2. According to IMDB's trivia the word sh** is said 19 times. Don't know if that includes all the deleted footage too.
3. The dead corpse with the blatant bullet hole in the forehead.

Anyone else have any?

For The Goonies thing, I guess because things were much less strict back then.

The boat scene in the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

...you mutter the F-bomb once in a PG movie and some parents, now, will think it's the end of the world. There will always be one dumb mother who tries to petition the movie because of that s***. :whatever:

you are allowed one "f---" in a pg13 movie

kytrigger said:
The boat scene in the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Yeah, nowadays most audiences would fron on a chicken getting its head chopped off in a kids movie. :o

xwolverine2 said:

I thought you could lay the F-bomb 3 times. (But it's very rare more than once.)
I know there was one movie that said it 3 times and it was PG13.

Maybe I am imagining things.

xwolverine2 said:

The Goonies had one and it was PG. Granted it wasn't that obvious though.

RedIsNotBlue said:
The Goonies had one and it was PG. Granted it wasn't that obvious though.

Goonies was made before the PG-13 rating was created.

The Question said:
Goonies was made before the PG-13 rating was created.

Okay but that isn't really what this thread is about I don't wanna get into a ratings discussion. I just want to hear about kid movie moments that made it seem more like an adult themed movie.

Believe it or not, if you listen closely enough, Donald Duck calls Daffy Duck a n**ger during the piano duel in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. (After Daffy refers to Donald as a quacker, which of course refers to "cracker".)

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Believe it or not, if you listen closely enough, Donald Duck calls Daffy Duck a n**ger during the piano duel in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. (After Daffy refers to Donald as a quacker, which of course refers to "cracker".)

Wow don't remember that. Need to rewatch that again.

xwolverine2 said:

Damn I never heard that... now it makes sense... it's more like three these days though...

RedIsNotBlue said:
Wow don't remember that. Need to rewatch that again.

You have to put your sound up a bit, but it's there.

how about just about anything said or done in the original Bad News Bears?

a personal favorite is when Tanner yells out "Jews, n!gg-rs, spics, and now a GIRL!"

FaT_tONle said:
Damn I never heard that... now it makes sense... it's more like three these days though...
not true....

mr and mrs smith was allowed to say it only once...

ANTHONYNASTI said:

That's pretty interesting, although I don't really consider Who Framed Roger Rabbit a kid's film. I saw it as a kid, and enjoyed it because it had cartoons in it, but the themes of the movie are pretty deep. I still love the movie today, but for entirely different reasons.

kytrigger said:
That's pretty interesting, although I don't really consider Who Framed Roger Rabbit a kid's film. I saw it as a kid, and enjoyed it because it had cartoons in it, but the themes of the movie are pretty deep. I still love the movie today, but for entirely different reasons.

Oh, I completely agree, but sadly most people I know classify it as a kids' film simply because it has cartoons.

A lot of Stephen Speilberg movies led to the creation of PG-13.

Goonies, Poltergeist, Gremlins, and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

ANTHONYNASTI said:

Actually, he doesn't. That's an urban myth.

Who can forget the kids spouting out all those s**ts and damns in The Sandlot? :up:

What about Jaws? That was PG back then, and by today's standards it would be a high PG-13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"