Moments in kid films that R rated

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Believe it or not, if you listen closely enough, Donald Duck calls Daffy Duck a n**ger during the piano duel in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. (After Daffy refers to Donald as a quacker, which of course refers to "cracker".)

A "goddarn stupid n**ger" to be exact.

bluejake01 said:

I don't buy it. A great amount of WFRR is about how the toons are immoral bastards once they're off camera. It's mocking their innocence and showing what the people behind it were like. It really seems much more likely to me that they had him say n**ger and used that line about nitwit to ease parents' minds. Consider all the other lewd things that are hidden in that movie. Every time I listen I hear a preaty clear pronounciation of a g.

Sandman138 said:
I don't buy it. A great amount of WFRR is about how the toons are immoral bastards once they're off camera. It's mocking their innocence and showing what the people behind it were like. It really seems much more likely to me that they had him say n**ger and used that line about nitwit to ease parents' minds. Consider all the other lewd things that are hidden in that movie. Every time I listen I hear a preaty clear pronounciation of a g.

I promise you that in a studio setup from a digital master the nitwit is far more audible than you'd imagine. I have many friends at Disney, and while I don't know if he is saying nitwit or not, it's obviously not the n-word. It's a simple matter of matrixing...your mind puts the pieces together.

I also think you are off-base a bit. WFRR is complex, but the underlying theme is about reclaiming innocence and ultimately about rejecting cynacism. Donald and Daffy are being Donald and Daffy. I didn't see any one become an immoral bastard "off camera"...well, one...and I don't really think drinking and smoking are horrible, especially when he just LOOKS like a baby. The heroes are heroes, and the villians are villians. There is a lot of metaphor involving the seedy underbelly of vintage Hollywood, but that has little to do with the toons.

You forgot fingering a woman. I always saw it as the toons being pretty innocent in Toontown, but being corrupted by the beast that is Hollywood.

Sandman138 said:
Especially because Donalds a white duck and Daffy is a black duck.
Expaining why donald is called a quacker and daffy a ---well you get it.
The exuse given is meaningless bull meant to placate us, while at the same time covering up dirty slander said by not so innocent characters.

Also, I notice Teenage mutant ninja turtles get away with alot for a y-7 show. Phrases like "What the shell!!??" Or "We gotta get the shell outta here." I always thought it was funny how that snuck prphanitie in a childrens show.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Believe it or not, if you listen closely enough, Donald Duck calls Daffy Duck a n**ger during the piano duel in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. (After Daffy refers to Donald as a quacker, which of course refers to "cracker".)

its on snopes, its false

Edit, 3 ppl already said it before me ^^

my comp wont let me edit it for some reason

The Question said:
Goonies was made before the PG-13 rating was created.

actully your wrong the pg-13 was brought into effect in 1984 due to the films gremlins and temple of doom being to intense for pg, goonies was released in 85 so it therefore could have been a pg-13

Sloth7d said:
Especially because Donalds a white duck and Daffy is a black duck.
Expaining why donald is called a quacker and daffy a ---well you get it.
The exuse given is meaningless bull meant to placate us, while at the same time covering up dirty slander said by not so innocent characters.

Also, I notice Teenage mutant ninja turtles get away with alot for a y-7 show. Phrases like "What the shell!!??" Or "We gotta get the shell outta here." I always thought it was funny how that snuck prphanitie in a childrens show.

you actully think disney would let one of there main characters use that term, please, and on your aspects of the turtles, you're really strecthing fro something

The Monster Squad had quite a bit of swearing in it.
Pandilla.JPG

the_ultimate_evil said:
you actully think disney would let one of there main characters use that term, please, and on your aspects of the turtles, you're really strecthing fro something
Hey, it sounded like N***** to me. And Daffy definately said quacker which seems to be a parody of cracker. And given their color schemes, choice of words, and the fact that disney could lose millions based on that inside joke, I really think I'll trust my ears over the words of disney executives.
Also, the turtle thing. I'm not stretching it. They cleverly disguised a sware word in on that show and no one can challenge it. As long as the word hell has an "S" infront of it, the word can be misused without anyone being able to complain about it.

the_ultimate_evil said:

They've done worse.

Sloth7d said:
Hey, it sounded like N***** to me. And Daffy definately said quacker which seems to be a parody of cracker. And given their color schemes, choice of words, and the fact that disney could lose millions based on that inside joke, I really think I'll trust my ears over the words of disney executives.
Also, the turtle thing. I'm not stretching it. They cleverly disguised a sware word in on that show and no one can challenge it. As long as the word hell has an "S" infront of it, the word can be misused without anyone being able to complain about it.

And I will trust my ears, knowing that I have heard the clearest possible sound available, played back on one of the more accurate sound monitoring devices...you are jumping at shadows. You WANT to believe it so your mind makes it happen. Now...it's entirely possible that whoever wrote the dialog knew that Donald's speech impediment would make the words sound like something else to those that wanted to hear it...I can't argue that , since I don't know what the writer's intent was nor do you. Disney is extremely cautious with the "Fab Five". They protect the wholesomeness of those core Disney characters with a vengence...period, end of story.

As for the "quacker" line, the line is actually "I've worked with a lot of wisequackers in my time..." They are ducks people...it's a pun, and yes it meant "cracker" but as in wisecracker, not whip cracker. Seriously...if you really want to find a hidden snafu in a Disney realated film look at The Rescuers. That one was pretty obvious, and Disney admitted it and fixed. Disney would NOT let something like that stay in the film if it was actually there...I know this for a fact, knowing how the company operates.

Sandman138 said:
They've done worse.

That is a matter of perception and perspective...An animator throwing in a frame of something naughty as a joke thinking no one would notice and getting caught is understandable and correctable. For one of Disney's core characters, one of their flag ship creations to intentionally use a racial slur, and to allow it to remain unedited would be pure lunacy. the Eisner years sucked, but they still protected their brand with tooth and nail.

On a related side note...All my friends at Disney are excited about the new structure, and the positive changes that Pixar brought with it. I think the magic is back, let's hope it stays.

Donnie Darko said:
how about just about anything said or done in the original Bad News Bears?

a personal favorite is when Tanner yells out "Jews, n!gg-rs, spics, and now a GIRL!"
I noticed they took that out for the remake.

Just remembered how dark TMNT was for a kids film.

Yea TMNT was really dark for a kids film...Thats why as an adult I still really really like the first one. I dont remember the movie "Mean Girls" to well, ive never even watched the whole thing but wasnt that a young teen movie? It had teen drinking and girls making out in it didnt they?

the goonies kicked ass.
are they making a sequel to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"