Marvel Films Most anticipated Marvel Studios film for 2021?

Reaction score
I don't know man. Shang-Chi really intrigues me because I like origin films especially for characters in the Marvel Comics that I don't really know, though I wish they are using A Shang Chi villain instead of you know an Iron Man villain.

Doctor Strange MD is way overdue for a sequel and his first film is one of my fave Marvel films ever, and its probably my most anticipated right now.

I kinda feel ocd about a Thor 4 simply because Marvel broke their 3rd film pattern for solo named films. And I also don't really care about legacy characters. But comeback queen Natalie Portman in action? Yas! I always thought she was underrated in the previous films and that her uneventful end in the MCU was bad imo. So its nice to see her and her character get some redemption in another MCU film. So I'm basically anticipating Jane Thor Foster Love and Thunder simply because of her.

There's already a thread for most anticipated 2020 cb film which includes Black Widow and Eternals in the poll, if anyone is wondering.

Strange > Shang Chi > Thor

The cool thing though is that Thor 4 can be the first Thor to break 1B, Shang Chi has the chance to break out like BP and CM, and Strange 2 can get a major Thor 2 -> Thor 3 boost at the BO given Strange's growth in popularity and bae Scarlett Witch being in the movie.

Bottom line, Marvel Studios is a freaking monster.

I’m totally stoked for all 3 of these. Strange is probably edging it for now, especially with Scarlet Witch appearing.

Strange > Shang Chi > Thor

The cool thing though is that Thor 4 can be the first Thor to break 1B, Shang Chi has the chance to break out like BP and CM, and Strange 2 can get a major Thor 2 -> Thor 3 boost at the BO given Strange's growth in popularity and bae Scarlett Witch being in the movie.

Bottom line, Marvel Studios is a freaking monster.
Yep, Strange’s amazing IW showing is sure to have made hm many new fans.

Its between Thor and Doctor Strange for me. I need to see a trailer for Shang-Chi since its the unknown franchise.

1. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
2. Thor: Love and Thunder
3. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Would probably say Strange 2 at the moment but I am not particularly hyped for any of them, previously it would have been Thor 4, but I just have no interest at all in seeing female Thor.

Shang Chi I know nothing about as a character, so am more excited for The Mandarin than the title character.

So yeah, gotta be Strange, despite the fact I thought the first movie was average.

I do like all the subtitles.

I probably won't be too hyped for any of them until I see a trailer but it sounds like it'll be a good year.

I'm not sure anything can top Ragnarok but I'm definitely interested to see what Taika does with Thor next. I hope they don't totally sideline Hemsworth but I did like Jane's time as Thor in the comics. A character that spends half her time fighting cosmic gods and monsters and the other half as a frail mortal going through cancer treatments should be cool to see on screen.

A cosmic horror starring Strange/Scarlet Witch is an awesome concept too (although that title isn't exactly catchy).

Last edited:
My ideal would be that Hemsworth sees action with Stormbreaker while Jane uses Mjolnir.

My ideal would be that Hemsworth sees action with Stormbreaker while Jane uses Mjolnir.

Sounds good to me. There's just the small problem that Hela shattered Mjolnir into tiny pieces so they'll have to find a way to put it back together again first.

I do like all the subtitles.
I'm fine with the subtitles for the other two since they are sequels, but Shang-Chi should have been just Shang-Chi since its his first movie. That's like calling the first X-Men movie in 2000 as X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants or the first film of Dr. Strange MD as Doctor Strange and the Magic in Quantum Sanctorum.

Sounds good to me. There's just the small problem that Hela shattered Mjolnir into tiny pieces so they'll have to find a way to put it back together again first.
I think it could have something to do with Cap returning Mjolnir back into the past and that version of Portman getting it. While Thor has Stormbreaker I’m not sure why there would even be a huge priority to get Mjolnir fixed in the present otherwise.

I think it could have something to do with Cap returning Mjolnir back into the past and that version of Portman getting it. While Thor has Stormbreaker I’m not sure why there would even be a huge priority to get Mjolnir fixed in the present otherwise.

So alternate universe Jane lifts the hammer Cap returned and then there's a Spider Verse style cross over?
Sounds a little convoluted.

My guess is either:
  • Jane will experiment on the fragments of Mjolnir
  • Eitri reforges Mjolnir in Nidavellir
  • Thor adds a worthiness enchantment to Stormbreaker and then Jane lifts it.

So alternate universe Jane lifts the hammer Cap returned and then there's a Spider Verse style cross over?
Sounds a little convoluted.

My guess is either:
  • Jane will experiment on the fragments of Mjolnir
  • Eitri reforges Mjolnir in Nidavellir
  • Thor adds a worthiness enchantment to Stormbreaker and then Jane lifts it.
I like those first two :up:

Shang-Chi.

Curious about Doctor Strange 2 but I doubt that they'll go all the way with the horror elements. Didn't care much for Ragnarok so I'm not too excited about it's sequel.

Doctor Strange hands down, although they all sound exciting. Would have been Thor but I’m not into romance movies at all.

I'm genuinely excited for all of them, but Thor takes the cake.

Ragnarok was a masterpiece so anything Taiki does with the character wins by default for me.

Definitely Shang Chi. It will be great to finally see him in live action.

Dr strange 2 and Shangchi are pretty close for me.Disappointed by Female Thor so,my Thor 4 enthusiasm is down

Personally it's Love and Thunder for me with Strange as a close second. The creative team behind Ragnarok coming back together is the main reason.
Still, have high hopes for Strange - clearly the visuals are going to be great, and well...Cumberbatch. It's all down to the story.

Love and Thunder for me. The first Doctor Strange was average, so I’m going into the sequel with low expectations. I know almost nothing about Shang Chi so I can’t say I’m too excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"