Most Emotional DC Movie Scenes?

One scene though that surprisingly never landed with me was in Man of Steel when Jonathan Kent tells Clark he still is his son. Its a reference to a scene in the Superman: Secret Origins comic which I recall made my soft ass tear up. However something was missing for me when Zack translated it to screen.

What was missing was Snyder's Jonathan Kent was a borderline paranoid sociopath who thought maybe Clark shouldn't have saved a schoolbus full of kids.

MOS: (Was such a touching and emotional movie for me personally)
1) Jor-El saving baby Kal and Zod killing him

2) the World is too big mom (I still tear up at this scene during every rewatch)

3) Wondering why Jonathan Kent wanted to keep Clark secrets even at the expense of others lives only to realize that he knew one day he would have to reveal himself to the world and that he was to be something special. A Father doing anything to protect his child the only way he knew how.

4) Superman's painful reaction to killing Zod.

5) BvS, Superman's Sacrifice and Justice League (Snyder Cut) Superman's death scream opening.

Batman:

1) Every time you see the Waynes death.

2) When Batman arrived to save Racheal and it was Harvey.

Justice League (Snyder Cut)

1) Cyborgs story and his fathers sacrifice.

Superman 1978

1) Lois Lane's death and Superman's reaction

Those are the biggest stand outs that hit me the most

Last edited:
Billy's mother rejecting him and Alfred/Bruce's confrontation in TDKR aside, I would also select Selina Kyle's psychotic break in Batman Returns.

The anger and the hurt is so palpable.

Billy's mother rejecting him and Alfred/Bruce's confrontation in TDKR aside, I would also select Selina Kyle's psychotic break in Batman Returns.

The anger and the hurt is so palpable.

Danny Elfman really understood the assignment when he scored Batman Returns. Between the "Birth of Catwoman" scene and the part where Penguin visits his parents' graves, he really makes you feel for the characters. Hell, even the Penguin's death scene...on paper, six little person actors in penguin costumes slowly and sadly ushering Danny Devito's bloated corpse into the water sounds hilarious, almost like something from an SNL skit. But damned if I don't feel like crying every time I watch that part because of Elfman's score. He makes it work.

The son becomes the father becomes the son!

You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior, but every day I hear people crying for one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"