Ms. Marvel becomes Captain Marvel

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
What does everyone think? New costume, new codename, new ongoing series created by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Dexter Soy. Hate her with the short hair and it seems they sucked out all the sex appeal she had. Way too covered up compared to her 2 most iconic looks. I think Im also going to miss her having the Ms. Marvel codename

I instantly thought of this when I saw her

strong-woman.jpg

That's because the second picture is paying homage to it.

The costume in the first 2 pieces looks good. Though I wish it wasnt all one suit and there was a distinction between the pants and the top. Hate the mask in the preview though.

I'm ambivalent about Carol taking the Captain Marvel name, but I'm not digging her new look at all.

That butch haircut is awful, why are they trying to make Carol look like Chaz Bono?

I was getting more of a "Brigitte Nielsen circa 1987" vibe from that haircut. That's not exactly a good thing, either.

I like the costume and that she is taking up the name. The hair is stupid.

Ya I would prefer if they just had her hair in a ponytail or something while in costume instead of the short hair.

I am digging the choice.

I have always supported Carol as a character, and she had a good solid ongoing (i loved the covers especially) with an epic stint on one of the greatest runs of Avengers in the Busiek/ Perez days.

Her role as Captain Marvel is very interesting, as she does not have much history with the 'mainstream cosmic' universe, instead has more history with the X-men based cosmic world.

We'll see how that plays out

I was hoping this would be a solid "cosmic" book, but with Carol's history , I'm not so sure. I'd like an outlet for NOVA/GOTG characters to at least appear. Not sure this will be that meal ticket.

I wonder what this means for her role in the Avengers. Is she staying on the team or is she leaving to go deal with the Marvel cosmic universe?

I would think she's going to leave the team to serve as "protector" of the universe. Quasar did the same thing after Operation Galactic Storm. I put protector in quotes because there's a rumor he may get killed off in AvX.

What does everyone think? New costume, new codename, new ongoing series created by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Dexter Soy. Hate her with the short hair and it seems they sucked out all the sex appeal she had. Way too covered up compared to her 2 most iconic looks. I think Im also going to miss her having the Ms. Marvel codename

Good Grief! WHy??? You're right.....all the sex appeal is gone. Shec looks too "butch".

She's a captain now, no more stripper clothes. Just fully clothed ass shots now.

The covers look good, but I am not caring for the interior art - pass....

So, once again, a Marvel character switches names and/or roles. That seems to be the new "re-invigoration" policy these days.

The suit I don't mind. Frankly, the "sexy" costume look went out with the 90s, I'm all for functional attire as long as it looks cool. The hair and mask, I'm not feeling. Although, I hope her changes aren't too drastic: I was enjoying her current personality.

"Functional"? There is absolutely nothing more or less functional between Carol's new costume and her black suit. Did I miss a memo that said that the difference in function is determined by how much leg a skin-tight body suit covered?

I'll see how her story plays out in AvsX before deciding to give this a shot. I also want to see how ingrained into the cosmic side of Marvel she is. I've never cared much for Carol but if it looks good and looks to be a heavy cosmic book then I'll likely give it a shot.

She's a better female cosmic lead than Quasar (Phyla) was at least.

"Functional"? There is absolutely nothing more or less functional between Carol's new costume and her black suit. Did I miss a memo that said that the difference in function is determined by how much leg a skin-tight body suit covered?
agreed. There wasnt anything non-functional about her black suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"