Sequels Multiverse/Spiderverse: now many Spider-Men can show up in such a film?

Airwings

Waves of air
Reaction score
Holland is a given.
Garfield and Maguire are rumoured.

But then what?

Miles Morales is a popular character.

I've seen several suggestions for Spider-Gwen too.

Should some characters from the animated film be used?

What about cameos from the TV guys of the late 70s, Nicholas Hammond and Shinji Todō?

Nicholas Hammond and Shinji Todō probably would work better in the animated Spiderverse where you can have fun with those eras. because not only would putting them in live action mean you would have to ground them but i ain't sure anyone would really get who these much older guys are.

Miles Morales most certainly makes sense. Spidergwen or spiderwomen also makes sense.

I'd say just limit it to Maguire and Garfield for the most part if it is a spider-verse story. The movie would be struggling to handle them as well as their villains let alone a whole bunch of other cameos.

From a social-political standpoint having 3 white spider-man probably wouldn't be satisfying enough for Marvel/Sony. they probably will want a spider-man of color and a female spider-man too.

Last edited:
From a social-political standpoint having 3 white spider-man probably wouldn't be satisfying enough for Marvel/Sony. they probably will want a spider-man of color and a female spider-man too.
Maybe an old Japanese Peter Parker? :halo:

James Cameron's Spider-Man can appear in a cameo.
The character ONLY, not anything else from the script.
Wouldn't it be cool?

cameron-spider-man-featured.jpg

It just seems like getting too carried away with what ifs to include DiCaprio in a cameo.

The same can be said for Tom Cruise/Tony Stark

If it's just a Tom Cruise as Iron-man cameo, then I absolutely agree. However if they do something interesting like have him turn out to be an evil alternative reality version of Tony as a reference to an obscure character from the comics called Iron-maniac then I'm all for it.

If it's just a Tom Cruise as Iron-man cameo, then I absolutely agree. However if they do something interesting like have him turn out to be an evil alternative reality version of Tony as a reference to an obscure character from the comics called Iron-maniac then I'm all for it.
Can't DiCaprio play an evil Pete Parker too then?

Spider-Maniac? :funny:

It would be a bit odd to have two alternative dimensional evil version of characters.

Not sure. Probably at some point, but I think the more recent iterations of an evil counterpart to the justice league weren't actually evil versions of the same character. There was the Justice Lords episode of the cartoon though.

Regardless there's been no indication that's the direction they're taking given the rumours of Tom Cruise appearing are inly for Dr. Strange and that film already has a main villain I believe.,

It will probably be Holland, Maguire, Garfield, and whoever they cast as Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen.

I know it won’t happen but I’d love for Christopher Daniel Barnes to have a cameo since he was the first to do the spider-verse

I was trying to remember, was there much of a Spider-verse before that cartoon?

They definitely need Nicholas Hammond here in a 70s Spidey suit. Maybe he's never upgraded it for 40+ years.

I just want three, from the three sets of live action Spider-man movies. Give me a focused story with meaningful character interaction, not dozens of one second cameos.

(I guess Miles Morales and Spider Gwen can show up too, but they're not Peter Parker and technically don't even need a multiverse storyline in order to show up).

They definitely need Nicholas Hammond here in a 70s Spidey suit.
Hammond could very well become the next online rumour, before being confirmed.
Count on rumours to come any day now!!!!
My brain is going to melt soon, I can't handle it anymore. It's just too good :)

Regarding the suit, it would probably be the old design but with the new materials that are used in today's superhero suits.

Hammond's suit could potentially look the closest to a comic book Spider-Man costume made from materials he has bought himself rather than expensive ones from Stark or someone else.

I was trying to remember, was there much of a Spider-verse before that cartoon?
Yeah, that was the first time anybody did the Spider-Men from different worlds meet idea. I remember in the 2000s it was sometimes a bit controversial for some because it was a pretty sci-fi concept for Spidey but like I think it worked really well in that show because it was still a focused story on our Peter and he has a satisfying completion of his overall character arc, and they use those other versions of him to drive it home. 1998 there was that, then 2010 there was the Shattered Dimensions game, then there was the Spider-Verse comic in 2014.

It would be cool if Hammond would at least show up as a cameo. I think if he was wearing the old man Spidey outfit from ASM #500 that would be pretty fitting. Imagine that with the round bug eyes of the 70s tv show suit. Also would love to see them get approval from Toei for a Supaidaman and Leopardon cameo.

Not that I want to see a ton of Spider-men running around onscreen in what sounds like an already packed film, but I wouldn't mind seeing Hammond's Spider-man in a brief cameo. It would be funny if they could show him fighting a 100% accurate depiction of the Green Goblin since I always thought it odd we never saw him fight his villains from the comics.

Hammond's suit could potentially look the closest to a comic book Spider-Man costume made from materials he has bought himself rather than expensive ones from Stark or someone else.
This, and the same for Shinji Todō.
It would be fun having them interact and play off each other.
Both versions have been around for the same number of years.

Would they bicker like an old married couple when trying to mentoring Holland and the others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"