My Monumental Mission.

Roughneck

Avenger
Reaction score
So......I have a Huge space in my Basement......I have lot's of scrap wood......

So with this space I had been thinking about doing on of those big Scale Train Sets and stuff that people have in their basements........But that isn't a major interest of mine....And today I have my Brainstorm.

I am sure you have all seen Waiting's ML scale Mansion over on Fwoosh (If not you should check it out....it's pretty cool.) Well I plan to dwarf that my friends.

I am going to build and 1:12 (Marvel Legends Scale) 8 foot by 8 foot (roughly) City.

The more I think About it...it wont be a big city...no Sky Scrapers.....Cause that would be big, But I am looking to do something with lots of surface space for all the MLs....And it might grow. 8x8 is just an estimate...but doesn't seem very big by this standard for the amount of MLs I have.

The Planing stages are just beginning now and I am stil working out floorplans... Do I want to do an actuall Comic Local. (Brainstorm....bust out the Secret Wars comics and make a Battle World scale "playset") What I am basically thinking now is a two story parkade...maybe attached to a mall (there is one here in E-town that I have looked at from above and pictured Marvel Battles going on there) Accross the street from park. Some houses and maybe a 4 story apartment complex with plenty of Balcony Space....and Outdoor pool is enterin my mind......perhaps Xavier Mansion off to the side.

I don;t know I need to plan this all out....But Lightposts and streets and stuff .....This is gonna be huge....it's gonna cost me some dough and take a lot of time.....But I swear that I am going to do this.

I am going to need to know where to find cars in this scale...lot's of cars. And I'll have to E-mail Waiting for some adive......

Working lights and all of that folks....Pictures of the progress will accompany. Real cement on the roads....Astrotur for grass sadly (I aint mantaining no grass or moss)

This is gonna be huge folks....Any suggestions or ideas or any of that stuff would be much obliged folks.

Good luck on that one, man. I had a hard enough time setting up all my X-Men characters to swarm the Sentinel.

OH That reminds me....If I pull this off I will finally have room for my 5 sentinels.

So I am thinking throuh this idea...And I found something cool.

Go onto Ebay and type in 1:12 scale And hit search.

It brings up so much stuff in ML scale....I don't know why you would want a Hat Collection in ML scale.....or vases or garded tools or muffins, but there are beds, lamps, magazines, kitchens, chairs, .....there is a lot of stuff there....it's kinda cool.

I've thought of doing that for a long time. It's hard and expensive. I probably won't do it until I have a place of my own for a long period of time. Good luck!

Some of us look for someone to have a romantic relationship...others build towns in their basement. Who knows, ya know?

I think this is gonna be an awesome venture. I wish you much luck bro. And if you want help setting the design of the whole place I'm always willing to help. :up:

Saint553 said:
Some of us look for someone to have a romantic relationship...others build towns in their basement. Who knows, ya know?

The Former just aint working like it should........So I go with the Latter.

I remember when I was a kid...prolly 10 or so. I had a big table in my basement and I built a little city on it. I drew roads on it and set up crudely painted cardboard boxes in an orderly fasion so my Battle Beasts could have a Battleground

This is gonna own that.

Roughneck said:
I remember when I was a kid...prolly 10 or so. I had a big table in my basement and I built a little city on it. I drew roads on it and set up crudely painted cardboard boxes in an orderly fasion so my Battle Beasts could have a Battleground

This is gonna own that.
the new city may own your old one.....but they can never own the memories:rolleyes:

So It's gonna be bigger than 8 feet by 8 feet.

I have the boards for the base (initially anyway, I can always build more) and I hope tobe able to lay some cement and roads down in the next couple weeks (simple inexpensive Parging will do the trick)

Sounds very cool, can you take lots of pics of your work in progress. Very insprational for others (like me) :) :)

I can and will be taking and posting pics of the progress.

I can and will be taking and posting pics of the progress.

Cool. Just be sure you have the camera handy.

for some of the larer steps I might snag my Mom's digicam as it is far better.

That would be great. That way we could actually see what we're supposed to.

;)

So, you plan on making anything specific in this city??? I know you mentioned maybe having the X-mansion.

Nothing too specific.....I think the first building I do (Without specific Blueprints) is going to be a McDonalds, there is one near my place that has anice look to it.....but the front is all windows so I 'll have to do the interior on that.

But basically I know i want roads, some houses, a two level parkade (attatched to a mall like building) and a park.

I'll really have to do up the plans firs and see how the actual building goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"