Namor the Sub-Mariner

Don’t forget Disney made the “hulk” movie!! So they technically own it!! Once distribution rights go back disney will be able to put it disney+!!

Don’t forget Disney made the “hulk” movie!! So they technically own it!! Once distribution rights go back disney will be able to put it disney+!!
No they don't. Disney didn't even own Marvel yet when The Incredible Hulk was released. If they did, we wouldn't be talking about this whole Universal rights debacle.

You mean The Incredible Hulk (2008)?

Yes Marvel produced that film but Universal holds the distribution rights. If those rights revert, Disney can do whatever they wish with the film.

However, Lee's Hulk (2003) was produced and distributed by Universal, to the best of my knowledge. No matter what happens I believe they own that film in perpetuity...

Yes sorry folks I’m was referring to Incredible Hulk!! And yes at the time marvel owned it!! I just took a short cut since disney bought marvel a while ago!! Sorry for any confusion!!

Venom since marvel made credible hulk and Disney bought marvel wouldn’t that mean that Disney now owns Incredible Hulk!! I niversal got to distribute the movie!! They didn’t put even 1 penny into production!! Once distribution is over (fingers crossed) this all will be a moot point

Funnily enough, Incredible Hulk is on HBO Max

Venom since marvel made credible hulk and Disney bought marvel wouldn’t that mean that Disney now owns Incredible Hulk!!
No. For reasons I already stated. It doesn't matter what could happen in the future if/when the rights revert, it doesn't change the present situation.

STL106895.jpg

73lei4.gif
73lezz.gif
73let0.gif

A namor world war 2 series would be fun. Just saying
Would love to see Invaders.
Would Evans return to play Cap, and his Android other self?
Kidding, I would imagine someone new for the original Android Torch.

Last edited:
Cool art that above. I hope the plan is to make Namor a significant long term recurring character.

I enjoyed his portrayal in BP:WF and would actually be interested in seeing a solo film if they ever went that route. Certain aspects and connections of his backstory I really liked but a lot of his world, people, supporting characters could definitely use a lot more time to be explored properly.

I also thought that the actor did a pretty good job, he has charisma and there’s just something about him that tells me he could be a strong piece of the MCU puzzle moving forward.

I can't imagine a Namor solo film until the Universal thing is sorted out.

Like good Lord, its almost 15 years since The Incredible Hulk and the distribution right isn't eXpired yet.

I enjoyed his portrayal in BP:WF and would actually be interested in seeing a solo film if they ever went that route. Certain aspects and connections of his backstory I really liked but a lot of his world, people, supporting characters could definitely use a lot more time to be explored properly.

I also thought that the actor did a pretty good job, he has charisma and there’s just something about him that tells me he could be a strong piece of the MCU puzzle moving forward.
I think the MCU needed a character like that. He’s certainly got that X-factor and no one is going to call him boring. As you say more work is needed in developing the rest of his world but he would be a great guest star in other projects for now. I’d definitely be up for a solo film if it becomes possible.

Why does movie Namor insist on wearing earrings? That could easily be ripped out in a fight. I'm surprised Shuri didn't do that as that would've left him in a lot of pain.

Being fair, given how bricky he is, I'm dubious whether even the average Atlantean warrior *could* rip one of his earrings out. Could easily be a case of "the earring will give before I do, so I don't need to care".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"