• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

NBC's Witchblade

Well this is...unexpected. I will give it a shot.

It'd be cool to see some of the other Artifact bearers in the show. Maybe they will bring Dani in as co-lead, the Darkness/Angelus feud, the Magdalena, etc.

Missy Peregrym might not have been bad if she hadn't been in Rookie Blue already. Now it feels like it would be a bit of a retread.
I agree. Which is why I immediately thought of Marie Avgeropoulos she looks exactly like the Michael Turner/ Marc Silvestri art and is the perfect age at thirty, has the right kind of edge for Sara and is an underrated actress to boot.
https://postimage.org/

And did I mentionshe looks EXACTLY like her! I mean for real it's uncanny.
https://pixxxels.org/

3546009-9012098103-18154.jpg

e497bf5fd581cb48b9a71559f96aa20d.jpg

If it's based off of the Ron Marz run, and using the Stjepan Sejic designs, then it could be awesome.

I agree. Which is why I immediately thought of Marie Avgeropoulos she looks exactly like the Michael Turner/ Marc Silvestri art and is the perfect age at thirty, has the right kind of edge for Sara and is an underrated actress to boot.

Oooh she would've been PERFECT for the role. Shame is still on The100 (not really but I would to see her as Sara, especially if the show is good)

Well this is...unexpected. I will give it a shot.

It'd be cool to see some of the other Artifact bearers in the show. Maybe they will bring Dani in as co-lead, the Darkness/Angelus feud, the Magdalena, etc.

If this show gets picked up and is successful, they need to lay off Dani until at least a 4th or 5th season. The Witchblade-verse certainly has plenty of mythology to work with so hopefully they embrace it.

If this show gets picked up and is successful, they need to lay off Dani until at least a 4th or 5th season. The Witchblade-verse certainly has plenty of mythology to work with so hopefully they embrace it.

I guess if Dani's introduction goes hand in hand with Sara getting pregnant, then yeah they should probably lay off her for a bit. But I'd like to see the likes of Tom Judge, Finn, Glori Silver, etc show up earlier and play some bigger roles than they did in the comics. I was so into Top Cow for a while, too bad it crapped the bed and a lot of those character didn't end up doing much.

Seeley's criminally short run being touched upon would be nice too.

I've never seen the original show, but what exactly happened behind the scenes that caused trouble? Something with the actress, right?

Unless they are deliberately going a more comedic route (which admittedly could be funny) there's just no chance of that happening. I have no idea about the standards and practices aspect of things but I just can't see someone trying to pitch a serious superhero show where the heroine prances around in metal butt floss.

This:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/de/51/83/de51839e88bade2d84471da090a69635.jpg

Would look freaking amazing in live-action (assuming that the costuming/special effects people could get it right of course). And besides, the comic still has plenty of sex and "sexy" moments/imagery anyway. So they don't need to make her costume glorified fanservice as well.

They can pull it off but it can come off like cheap plastic if they don't put some money behind it, or at least CG enhance it slightly.

Yancy wasn't really all that hot, and just seemed more of a tough ***** cop than sexy superheroine.

They chose the tough hbic cop over the sexy tough cop, I was fine with it. But I think they will totally be sticking to the hot young cop casting for this.

Yancy wasn't really all that hot, and just seemed more of a tough ***** cop than sexy superheroine.

Yancy Butler had a nice ass and oversized eyebrows that you could hide under on a bright, sunny day to get some shade for yourself... :funny:

Yancy Butler is the sort of woman you'd cast in some cheap TV movie drama. Her face is rather severe. She doesn't exactly look very attractive these days:

yancy-butler_At8QFnaDMR.jpg

Not that she ever did so much for Witchblade. It's like she was cast to try to lend some air of seriousness and legitimacy to it. But who thinks of Witchblade and then thinks of a serious cop drama?

The level of cheesecake in the comic was never gonna happen anyway so I can see why they went that route.

Yancy Butler is the sort of woman you'd cast in some cheap TV movie drama. Her face is rather severe. She doesn't exactly look very attractive these days:

yancy-butler_At8QFnaDMR.jpg

Not that she ever did so much for Witchblade. It's like she was cast to try to lend some air of seriousness and legitimacy to it. But who thinks of Witchblade and then thinks of a serious cop drama?

She doesnt look bad at all, what is your definition of severe.....but considering she was a hardcore alcoholic, she could look a lot worse.

But enough people liked her in the role since the show was a hit.

The level of cheesecake in the comic was never gonna happen anyway so I can see why they went that route.

But they didn't need to cast someone with such a hard edge? Sure, it was never going to be as cheesecake as the comic, but they could've cast a more appealing actress that you'd actually want to watch.

Someone mentioned Missy Peregrym earlier. She's not so hard and tough looking. She's someone you could follow, is attractive enough, and yet she also was able to portray a cop in Rookie Blue. Not that I would want her for this role now, because I've already seen Rookie Blue, and it would feel too much like that show transplanted into a comic book series.

She doesnt look bad at all, what is your definition of severe.....but considering she was a hardcore alcoholic, she could look a lot worse.

But enough people liked her in the role since the show was a hit.

Severe, as in that she looks more like a tough ***** cop, as mentioned before. I prefer someone who has a more approachable and open face and warmer look. Like Missy Peregrym whom I've just mentioned above.

You want a young hot actress which is fine but Yancy was far from severe and it was TNTs top rated tv show so the audience clearly didnt mind.

Let's have a pic of Yancy Butler from back in the day...
MV5BMjAxNjM1Mzc5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjU3NTM3._V1_.jpg

She was - and still is, a very attractive woman.:drl:

Look at this hot cop!!
5266-211263.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the anime adaptation? I remember it came on IFC for a minute.

Here's the thing about casting a "hot" actress...

Female leads are popular these days. HOWEVER...there is a perception at least (which may or may not be true...I'm not claiming to be the official decider of such things) that many female viewers don't like an overtly sexy female lead. Advertisers often do this as well...cast someone who looks like someone hat female viewers would want to be friends with, not someone who is presented as sexier than the viewer.

Given the people in charge of this version of the show (one that worked on CSI and the other on Vampire Diaries) it could go either way. I could see this being developed as a new spotlight show for Nina Dobrev...or I could see them casting someone who fits more of the CSI "type."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"