• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS New Positivity Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!) - Part 1

I recently talked with a couple as well as an old friend about BVS because they knew I was a fan. I never bring it up now because of all the bashing.
What I found interesting is that of the 3 people none of them are comic book readers( like myself).
The couple LOVED it and have watched it 3times in s month and my other friend said he really liked it too.
They all had seen superman 1,2 and superman returns,and all the latest batman trilogy.
They are familiar with the basics of batman like his history of his no kill rule and superman's strengths and weaknesses.
All raved about Jessie Eisenberg and loved the new take. I think this makes a lot of sense from DC comic book lovers not liking it because they got different characterizations. I can appreciate that. All 3 also don't consider themselves big fans of the superhero genre at all and liked it ( and man of steel as well) because they felt it was a drama before an action movie.
It's so refreshing to hear a live human being other than my wife like movies I love.

I recently talked with a couple as well as an old friend about BVS because they knew I was a fan. I never bring it up now because of all the bashing.
What I found interesting is that of the 3 people none of them are comic book readers( like myself).
The couple LOVED it and have watched it 3times in s month and my other friend said he really liked it too.
They all had seen superman 1,2 and superman returns,and all the latest batman trilogy.
They are familiar with the basics of batman like his history of his no kill rule and superman's strengths and weaknesses.
All raved about Jessie Eisenberg and loved the new take. I think this makes a lot of sense from DC comic book lovers not liking it because they got different characterizations. I can appreciate that. All 3 also don't consider themselves big fans of the superhero genre at all and liked it ( and man of steel as well) because they felt it was a drama before an action movie.
It's so refreshing to hear a live human being other than my wife like movies I love.

OK this sounds a lot like me. I can't stand comic books but I know the basics from watching cartoons TV shows and movies. Ive seen Supes 1 and 2 and SR and every Batman movie from 1989 on; and I loved BvS. I saw it 3x before it left theaters. Only difference is I didn't love Lex I was more accepting of him.
Apart from that last part, it was like you we're talking to me.

Pretty much me as well, MydnightPhoenix.

Just finished watching the UE again, for me this still gets better with each viewing and does it more so than Suicide Squad. I have actually watched the UE on BD more than CW, though I recognise the latter as the better movie, I just find BvS more rewarchable to me personally.

The ending for BvS gets me every time as well, and it makes me look forward to JL more and more.

Have you guys come across these videos on YouTube of some guy anaylyzing every BvS scene?

Same here. I want that guy who made the MoS video to make one for BvS.

Just finished watching the UE again, for me this still gets better with each viewing and does it more so than Suicide Squad. I have actually watched the UE on BD more than CW, though I recognise the latter as the better movie, I just find BvS more rewarchable to me personally.

The ending for BvS gets me every time as well, and it makes me look forward to JL more and more.

Certain parts of the music during the Doomsday battle are just epic. I love the Superman final yell he belts out, as well and how when Doomsday falls Superman is like a doll in his hand.

Certain parts of the music during the Doomsday battle are just epic. I love the Superman final yell he belts out, as well and how when Doomsday falls Superman is like a doll in his hand.

:up:

I was had a small chat with a friend online about BvS.

She isn't any kind of comic book or superhero fan. But she really enjoyed Man of Steel and BvS. She even said she loved Eisenberg as Lex.

I feel lot of stuff us comic book fans get hung up on (Superman should smile more, Batman should not kill, Lex shouldn't be a crazy zuckerberg type, etc etc) probably doesn't matter to people in the GA like my friend.

I enjoy the movie even more every time I re-watch it because I'm picking up on stuff I didn't notice before.
Plus i had to let go of my preconceived notions of what I wanted to see in a Superman + Batman movie to do that.
This is like an elseworld's take on my favorite heroes. Not the definitive take.

I still think the fight against Doomsday was meh though. If the fight had better sfx and choregraphy - the movie would've been a strong 8 or 8.5 out of 10 for me.

Does anyone know of another site where you can discuss different topics that are also from fans. Anything not in the positivity thread has so much bashing and it would be cool to find a place that you could go to threads about specific parts without all the hate.

I'll PM u another site you may not know about. I won't post it publicaly because I don't want the majority of the board to see it.

I'll PM u another site you may not know about. I won't post it publicaly because I don't want the majority of the board to see it.

Thanks. I will take a look. I'm a New England native. It stinks. I'm actually skipping my friends big super bowl party just because I heard there's a justice league trailer.
I have friends who are just marvel fans. 2 friends loved MOS and BVS and have recently come around to saying they are god awful.
The half hour of bashing I would have to sit through is just too annoying. Not as annoying as a marvel fan entering premiere night of BVS I went to and ruining the ending 10 minutes in , but so annoying.

Yea, I have some friends who like to troll me and randomly bash the DC comics and movies (they haven't read them or seen them) when they get the chance.
Because they know I'm the biggest DC fan within my circle of friends.
They're mostly Marvel fans.

I like Marvel too, but I just happen to like DC comics more.
I love MoS and enjoyed BvS and SS, but I admit the DC movies still need some polishing up to do.

I think the MCU movies are good but they aren't perfect either. I don't bash my friends over the Marvel stuff. I'll bring up what I don't like about it but I don't troll people like they do. So yea, it gets so annoying I generally avoid bringing anything DC to them.

Yea, I have some friends who like to troll me and randomly bash the DC comics and movies (they haven't read them or seen them) when they get the chance.
Because they know I'm the biggest DC fan within my circle of friends.
They're mostly Marvel fans.

I like Marvel too, but I just happen to like DC comics more.
I love MoS and enjoyed BvS and SS, but I admit the DC movies still need some polishing up to do.

I think the MCU movies are good but they aren't perfect either. I don't bash my friends over the Marvel stuff. I'll bring up what I don't like about it but I don't troll people like they do. So yea, it gets so annoying I generally avoid bringing anything DC to them.

I even skipped seeing the latest Star Wars movie because any movie convo goes there every time and the bashing can last awhile. I don't want to be Mr. Sensitive but it's just a d$ck move to keep it going so long, when they know what a fan I am and I can't leave so I'd just rather not be there.
It stinks because it's been such a tradition to go.
I love movies and tv, but I never bring up movies anymore.

I saw the site. Thank you so much! I'm definitely gonna sign up. Salvation! Haha. Cheers.

I even skipped seeing the latest Star Wars movie because any movie convo goes there every time and the bashing can last awhile. I don't want to be Mr. Sensitive but it's just a d$ck move to keep it going so long, when they know what a fan I am and I can't leave so I'd just rather not be there.
It stinks because it's been such a tradition to go.
I love movies and tv, but I never bring up movies anymore.

yea, they just like to kick people when they're down to make themselves feel better.
and it's easy for them to do it because MCU has (arguably) the best game in town so far, so easier to crap on DC movie fans because their movies are still in the process of trying to figure things out.

i just go watch some movies alone now - partly because it's just myself who wants to watch this stuff and out of necessity (got a family now, so can't easily hang out w/ friends on the weekend like back then).

Some cool parts I liked as I'm watching it the last time is Lex's change of expression when Batman tells him he's getting him transferred to Arkham.
I like how Lex is clearly scared of him but his hate gives him some cajones.

Noticed some other new things on a re-watch of the UC tonight I hadn't before. When Alfred is doing his 'Good men cruel speech' after he says the word 'powerlessness' you hear the same scream child Bruce does when he sees his parents murdered.

Also when Wallace is putting together his graffiti pack for the Superman statue, he has images of Superman in his wall, one his Superman holding up a car like on the very first Superman cover. I genuinely notice new things every time I watch the UC, that's why I have probably watched it more than any other CBM from last year.

16602734_1518036384892887_6485626563006971153_n.jpg

Notice by the end of the film he finally has a clear path.
smiley.png

they said it was not a coincident.

16836493_1349701521756657_1513912046512984063_o.jpg

another great one.
everything was thought in great depth. it seems

16602734_1518036384892887_6485626563006971153_n.jpg

Notice by the end of the film he finally has a clear path.
smiley.png

they said it was not a coincident.

^ nice. i hadn't noticed that. i did like the last scene alot. the great cinematography, and how it's intercut w/ the superman memorial and batman visiting lex in jail, and ending with bruce walking out into the field.
snyder's sort of aping chris nolan's montage type ending from TDK and TDKR but its still got its own feel as well.

I watched the fight again last night (been watching the films in parts on my iPad when I've been cooking me tea or something else). My favourite part is still when Batman keeps punching Superman and the Kryptonite dust has warn off, then Batmans face and Supes does that little smile. Just so perfect!

batman-v-superman-movie-screencaps.com-15141.jpg

batman-v-superman-movie-screencaps.com-15146.jpg

batman-v-superman-movie-screencaps.com-15152.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"