• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises Nicolas Cage ‘Would Love To Play A Supervillain’ In ‘Batman 3’

:wow: I am just shocked there are so many people supporting this...:dry:

I'm shocked people actually believe he will be cast based on some offhand comment about how he would enjoy playing a Batman villain. Several actors would love to do that. He just happened to be quoted on it. It doesn't mean he will automatically be cast, like Nolan is sitting at home on SHH and sees this story. "Get me Nick Cage on the phone immediately!" People here need to get real sometimes.

That being said, he's had some sh--y films, but so has everyone. Yes, Heath Ledger has had some terrible movies, he's not as immune as everyone likes to think. Cage just happens to do them in spurts of like 3. Wicker Man, Next, Bangkok Dangerous.

Yeah but Heath did bad movies starting out...he was an actor on the rise when he passed. Cage's career has been on a downward spiral. He's just not taken seriously anymore. And his character in Con Air is not something that would refer he is a good or talented actor. And there are more bad films than the 3 you named.

He is actually a pretty damn good actor. Matchstick men, Leaving Las Vegas, and Lord of War were all good roles. Hes got some cheesy ones granted.
But I don't think hes right for any of Nolan's chapters.

The only good movie I've seen Cage in is Adaptation.. Other than that he's trash. Hell no!

Great to hear from Cage I suppose but he has already screwewd up one comic book character. We don't need him to do it again. LOL!

Honestly, who doesn't wanna be a villain in a Batman movie?

I appreciate Cage's enthusiasm. Knowing he's a meganerd for comics, it's great he's looking forward to the films. But Cage is lackluster in acting, and I'd much rather be alongside watching the film with him, than for him to be on the screen.

Although I agree with what you said Crook, I would be lying if I said I wasn't the least bit curious to see how Cage would do with Nolan directing him.

Id be satisfied with Cage having a role the size of the one Fichtner had in TDK....

Might be worth hiring him if only to see what ridiculous hairpiece he would bring to the part.

I think Cage would be a better fit for Burton's Batman world than Nolan's.

Saying Nick Cage is a "bad actor" is like saying Sean Penn is a bad actor or that Johnny Depp is a bad actor. Both of whom got their starts with the help of Nick Cage.

Basically everyone stupid enough to post that is 14 years old and younger and has no clue.

Nick Cage is a great actor. Ebert has called his performances "daring" and "fearless." Cage has been nominated for 2 oscars spanning performances in 2 decades. Cage takes a lot of paycheck rolls including stints with Bruckheimer and Ratner but that doesn't mean he's lost his chops

Directors know this. Cage was Sam Raimi's first choice for Green Goblin and Darren Aronofsky's first choice for The Wrestler.

If you are actually typing he's a "bad actor" you're a 14 year old noob who isn't permitted to watch R movies and haven't even ever seen Leaving Las Vegas or Raising Arizona and are talking out of your ass

Either way dont get your panties in a bunch. Nolan aint casting him. Cage is one of the biggest comic book geeks in Hollywood and they were just asking him a hypothetical for a fun interview. No one is castin Cage in a Batman movie

Saying Nick Cage is a "bad actor" is like saying Sean Penn is a bad actor or that Johnny Depp is a bad actor. Both of whom got their starts with the help of Nick Cage.

Basically everyone stupid enough to post that is 14 years old and younger and has no clue.

Nick Cage is a great actor. Ebert has called his performances "daring" and "fearless." Cage has been nominated for 2 oscars spanning performances in 2 decades. Cage takes a lot of paycheck rolls including stints with Bruckheimer and Ratner but that doesn't mean he's lost his chops

Directors know this. Cage was Sam Raimi's first choice for Green Goblin and Darren Aronofsky's first choice for The Wrestler.

If you are actually typing he's a "bad actor" you're a 14 year old noob who isn't permitted to watch R movies and haven't even ever seen Leaving Las Vegas or Raising Arizona and are talking out of your ass

Either way dont get your panties in a bunch. Nolan aint casting him. Cage is one of the biggest comic book geeks in Hollywood and they were just asking him a hypothetical for a fun interview. No one is castin Cage in a Batman movie

Thank you. These young bucks don't have a clue.

Lol, yes we're all clueless youths who have clearly not have had any basis for our statements. Thanks for proving you guys haven't read a single thing in this thread. Way to avoid being dogmatic. :up:

the only role i can picture him in is as the romans crazy son, (the holiday killer) who kills people to try to prove to every1 who underestimates him that he's tough. and maybe he want's t prove he can handle taking over what's left of his dead dads crime family. so that could be a sub plot in batman 3. and maybe the riddlers main target?

idk, i'm just throwing out ideas.

I'll watch anything with Nic Cage, I find him hilarious and soothing. I want to be more like him in real life. If he was in a Batman movie that'd definitely make me go see it.

Yea I love Nic Cage.

Granted his most recent performances haven't been up to scratch. But saying that, he was surprisingly subtle in Knowing.

But when people claim he is a bad actor, I have to laugh. You don't all of a sudden lose your ability to act, it just depends on the material you have to work with.

I don't know how anyone who has seen Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas, Face Off, Adaptation can seriously say he is a bad actor.

And if people haven't seen those films, then they don't have the right to comment on anything about Nic Cage's acting ability.

Yea I love Nic Cage.

Granted his most recent performances haven't been up to scratch. But saying that, he was surprisingly subtle in Knowing.

But when people claim he is a bad actor, I have to laugh. You don't all of a sudden lose your ability to act, it just depends on the material you have to work with.

I don't know how anyone who has seen Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas, Face Off, Adaptation can seriously say he is a bad actor.

And if people haven't seen those films, then they don't have the right to comment on anything about Nic Cage's acting ability.

QFT!

Seriously, Nic Cage is not a horrible actor he just hit a slump in his career too early. Who knows if he'll ever break out of it but personally I still enjoyed the National Treasure films out of all the crap he's been in lately...and yes I know that he was being himself more than acting in those.

I think Cage could possibly--and that's a vague possibly--work as an inerpretation of Black Mask...

Cage as Hugo Strange?

nic_cage_2.jpg

I could actually see Cage as a pretty bad ass Riddler. I know it's popular to hate on Cage, but I certainly wouldn't complain if he had a role in Batman 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"